“Perfectly accommodating...”

US$110.00*
and up
Discover Scuba Diving Experience for Beginners
More attraction details
Owner description: Manta Scuba is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort specializing in quality dive instruction and custom tours of the Cabo San Lucas Marine Park and the Corridor.Manta Scuba also offers seasonal tours to snorkel with Whalesharks, dive Gordo Banks and Cabo Pulmo.The dive shop owns 3 boats customized for dive and snorkel trips available for private charters.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Palm Springs, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Perfectly accommodating...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hagai and his international team at Manta couldn't have been more prepared, patient and professional. First they are so smart to offer "dive stay" packages with 2 local hotels of different characters: one big resort hotel and the Bungalows, a small charming family inn (see my review "2 birthdays, 1 great trip). This made planning our trip super easy and cut the cost significantly. Before our trip I had lots of questions and because of some problems with my scuba certification had to make several changes to our packages. Manta was very accommodation with the changes, and were patient in answering my questions and explaining all of the issues about our changes.

The diving itself was great with lots of beautiful sea life and locations. The dive masters were knowledgeable and professional during the dives and were always maintaining proper safety procedures... Not to mention being super cool and friendly.

I was most impressed, however, with the superior instruction and training my 63 year old boyfriend received while getting his diving certification. His 23 year old Brazilian trainer, Thiago, couldn't have been better. His patience and professionalism belied his young age. My boyfriend was nervous, apprehensive, and not very easy or comfortable with all the equipment. Thiago walked him slowly thru everything and was remarkably understanding with an uncomfortable older guy struggling with the process. During their dives Thiago stayed right by his side helping him with all of his fears and limitations. I believe if we had gone to another dive shop without Thiago my boyfriend would have given up and not received his certification.

Thank you Hagai, Chamely, Thiago and the great Manta crew!!

Visited October 2013
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Hola Richmond C,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you and your boyfriend had great double birthday vacation.

It is great to know we could help you to with the vacation arrangements and to accommodate any changes needed. The Bungalows is definitely a charming hotel with amazing atmosphere, we are happy you enjoyed it and we will continue to offer packages with them to our divers.

As a PADI 5 Star Diver resort, we pride ourselves of having professional and experienced instructors. We conduct the courses as student centered; we understand that each diver might have different needs.

We are happy to know that over all you had a great vacation and enjoyed the abundant of marine life here at the Sea of Cortez.

We will look forward to diving with you again.

Champaign, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome Dive Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great staff full of knowledgable dive instructors and a great front desk person. I will be back for sure - had 2 great dives.

Visited June 2014
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hi HaydnLambert

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to know you had great dives and enjoyed the company of our team members.

We will be happy to have you back diving with us.

The Manta team
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top-notch professionals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I recently visted Cabo San Lucas and decided to do an introductory SCUBA dive with Manta Scuba. I found them by searching on the Internet prior to my arrival. I made a reservation online and immediately received a personalized confirmation.

I took my two sons, who had never dived before either. I was a little guarded with my 10 year old as I wanted to make sure he had the necessary instruction and attention that a 10yr old needs when doing an activity like this.

Day of the dive, we meet Marc and Dave who were our instructors. Both were very knowledgeable and put me at ease immediately. Marc was very thorough and detailed in his instructions. He did not gloss over anything. If it was important, we went over it and practiced those skills before diving. Great instruction. Once we dove (only three of us), Dave was 'attached' to my 10 year old son. He was right there with him the entire time, even teaching him things far beyond the introductory dive (hand signals, etc) I cannot thank Dave enough for the time, care and attention he gave my 10 yr old during the two dives. I would have normally never left my son's side while doing a potentially dangerous sport like this for the first time, but Dave put me so much at ease that I felt he was in total control and always ready to jump in if needed.

Facilities were great, equipment was great, boat and captain were top-notch.I would highly recommend them and gladly return to dive with them again the next chance I get.

Visited June 2014
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi LanceMueller,

We are thrilled to know you and your kids had such an amazing time on our Discover Scuba program.

As you noticed safety is our main priority, though we want to make sure everyone is having great time while diving with our team. We do our most to fit our services to your needs, we are very happy to know that the professionalism and close attention of our staff helped you to feel at ease and that you all had such a great time.

As the only PADI 5 Star dive resort in Cabo San Lucas, we are committed to have our equipment, boats and guides within the highest standards of the diving industry.

We hope that both you and your kids will keep diving and get certified to be able and enjoy much more beautiful underwater adventures,

Santa Monica, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Fantastic Operation All Around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Tremendous dive shop! Great communication, organization, equipment and crew.

The team was very nice and did an awesome job of focusing on safety (checking equipment, pre-briefing, engaged dive master, discussing comfort levels, etc.).

They also went out of their way to make sure we had a ton of fun by trying to find a great spot to dive with sea lions and point out other unique sites.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Visited June 2014
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hello Sean,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience diving with the Manta team.

As you noticed our main priority is safety, though at the same time we make sure everyone have a great time and see as much as possible

We will be happy to have you diving with us again and exploring more areas around the sea of Cortez.

Once again, thank you for your great review.
Santa Clara
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome Crew. Recommend Highly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I did my advanced open water with Dave, and he did a fantastic job with me. He was very thorough, knowledgeable, and aware. He explained everything prior to each dive very well so underwater communication was efficient. He was great at pointing out all the critters like the rays hiding in the sand to an octopus stealthily trapping a small fish.

Manta's fleet of boats and rental equipment were all in good shape and well maintained as far as I could see. The shop is well stocked and prepared.

If I go back to Cabo, I would use them again without second thought.

Visited May 2014
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Hola Rick,

Congratulations for successfully completing the prestige PADI Advanced Open Water diver course, we are glad you had great time while doing so.

We take pride of having professional knowledgeable instructors, who will make sure your course and experience is thorough, safe, interesting and entertaining. As well as having top of the line dive equipment and custom made dive boats.

Enjoy your future dive adventures and we hope to see you diving with us again soon.

Safe diving,