“Manta Scuba Cabo San Lucas, They Rocks!”
Review of Manta Scuba

Manta Scuba
Book In Advance
More Info
US$45.00*
and up
Cabo San Lucas Marine Park Snorkeling Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Manta Scuba is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort specializing in quality dive instruction and custom tours of the Cabo San Lucas Marine Park and the Corridor.Manta Scuba also offers seasonal tours to snorkel with Whalesharks, dive Gordo Banks and Cabo Pulmo.The dive shop owns 3 boats customized for dive and snorkel trips available for private charters.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Mexico City, Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Manta Scuba Cabo San Lucas, They Rocks!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Manta Scuba is a PADI 5 Star Dive Center, personnel is truly professional and extremely friendly, you can notice it on every detail. I used my own equipment but I realized that they use a very well known brand for rent, shop is perfectly clean and well organized. Safety is priority for them. They take a few divers in every expedition, being responsible for nature environment and safety (again). Manta has been always clear on what they offer and how much you have to pay for it. Dive shop is within Cabo Marina, close to hotels and restaurants. Try it once like me and you will back again.

Visited July 2014
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hola casihel,

Thank you for your kind review, we are happy to know you found our team to be professional, friendly and safety conscious.

We do invest a lot to have high quality, well known dive gear.

Feel free to contact us before your next vacation to Cabo and we will be glad to show you more exciting sites around the sea of Cortez.

Happy diving

La Mesa, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Advanced Scuba Certification and fun dives.”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Once again, I've returned to Manta, this time for advanced certification. A year later everything I liked is still the same. Kiki and other staff are still there. Equipment is in great shape, Boats are clean, easy access and not overcrowded. On one day they got slammed and took out three boats rather than crowd everybody in. Captains Sumo and Jaimie got the extra mile to be sure personal belongings like glasses and cell phones are safe and dry. Sam Handley, my instructor was patient, thorough and professional. 800 number to call from the states and online payment made it easy to book in advance. Water in the 80s for the night and deep dives didn't hurt either. But the promised whale shark was a bit shy. She did make an appearance the day before. My husband was recovering from back troubles and they went out of their way to make sure he had a successful and comfortable dive.

Hola Sheridan,

Congratulations on achieving your PADI Advanced Open Water.

We are pleased to know that once again we met your expectations and you and your family had successful and comfortable dives.

Your comments are always welcome and we thrive to keep doing everything you find to be good and improve where we can. As you noticed we put a lot of effort in keeping our equipment and boats in great shape and comfortable.

Hopefully next time the whale shark will cooperate with us and show up on time for your dives.

We will look forward to have you diving with us again.
Happy diving,
Malden, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dive Shop!!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have never had the urge to review a place before this. I literally created an account just to share my experience with these guys. Of all the dive shops I have been diving with, Manta Scuba is BY FAR my favorite. The entire staff is amazing. My husband and I dove with them for a week, and got a chance to meet and dive with pretty much the whole staff. They were all great. What I loved the most is that they really care about the amazing wildlife they were bringing us to see. It seemed like they were having as much fun as we were. They all worked so hard to assure we had a great experience, and that every one of their guests was catered to, no matter what their interests. While all the divemasters were wonderful, I have to say Sam is one of the best underwater communicators I have ever been diving with. He can practically carry out full conversations with people he just met a couple minutes ago…underwater!!! Truly amazing. He also went at a great pace, not too fast, not to slow, and made sure photographers got the shot they were looking aiming for, while keeping the rest of the group completely happy and safe. On our last day of diving, the whole shop staff came out and said goodbye to us. Would not even consider another dive shop when we go back.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Meaghan S
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Hello Meaghan,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are honored that we were able to exceed your expectations and you had such great experience.

Our guides definitely love diving here at the sea of cortez due to the wide variety and quantity of marine life. We treat our divers as we would like to be treated, therefor we dive in small groups in order to make sure everyone gets personal attention and is catered for her/his personal interest (it is sometimes also a matter of luck if the ocean cooperates with us ).

We are very happy to know that your experience was so good that you decided to open a TripAdvisor account to write about it. We really appreciate that you decided to take the time to do so. We believe that TripAdvisor is a great platform for travelers to share their experience in order to help others decide which operators to go to. We hope that you will find the platform useful and write more reviews to share with fellow travelers.

We will lok forward to dive with you again soon.

Happy diving,
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good Dive Experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This dive shop came recommended to us by a friend. Very hands-on with my daughter who had just become certified. Would highly recommend.

MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Steve Tigerman,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. All of us are pleased to learn that you and your daughter enjoyed your dives and felt safe. We look forward to welcoming you back once again in the very near future.

Best regards,
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Manta Scuba #1!!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Manta Scuba for our first ever scuba dive and it was far more enjoyable than I had ever imagined! I was very nervous and was definitely out of my comfort zone trying out scuba diving for the first time but I thoroughly trusted our dive instructor, Ryan. Every single person working for Manta Scuba truly cares about your safety and your scuba diving experience. It was the best feeling in the world to have that support and guidance from every one! My brother and his 3 additional friends will be visiting Cabo San Lucas in August and they will be diving with Manta Scuba after I had told him about how wonderful the experience was. Additionally, my boyfriend and I will be returning to Cabo San Lucas in November to dive with Manta Scuba again for an adventure over to La Paz for the whale sharks and sea lions scuba diving combo! Pick Manta Scuba! They are #1!

Visited July 2014
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear CWa93,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. All of us are so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your dives and that our team members were able to help you feel comfortable in the water and have such a great time.
We are glad to know I already plan to come back to Cabo and do more dives, we will definitely be happy to have you exploring more of the sea of cortez with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back once again in the very near future.

Best regards,