To start off, my husband and I stayed at PB Rose for our honeymoon a year ago. It wasn't our first choice, but our planned trip to Domincan Republic got canceled due to a hurricane, so we had booked Cabo last minute. We didn't like it last year-mediocre food at best, not great service, a little boring and not really worth the price. Just our luck: our close friends plan their wedding at PB Blanco (next door to PB Rose) exactly a year later and we couldn't really say "no." We were hoping that our bad experience at Rose was due to the fact that we were disappointed that original Honeymoon plans fell through… we were wrong. 2nd time around was worse!
The food was TERRIBLE in every sense of the word! Bad quality, no flavor (unless you consider "way too salty" a flavor), under- or overcooked, never hot, no variety and, overall, just gross. They even messed up Mexican food… bland Tortilla Soup, dry and flavorless Veracruz fish (as was the case with all their fish), nasty ceviche, etc. On a side note, the day after eating at their Mexican Seafood buffet, I had excruciating sharp pains in my stomach and spent half the day hovering around a bathroom. Oh, and the desserts all taste like they were frozen for a decade and then just said in a fridge to defrost before being served (kind of had that freezer-burn, semi-soggy taste). I will give them props on drinks – my husband loved the Pina Coladas and I was happy with my Margaritas.
SERVICE: Service is plain bad - staff is not attentive (I always had to ask 3 times for drink refills, ordering food at the restaurants, or any special requests); every time I asked for anything, I felt like I was bothering them and that they were doing me a favor; don’t do anything special for birthdays, anniversaries, etc; there’s not consistency in rules/ practices/ processes (Ex: one person said the day spa facilities were part of All-Inclusive, while another said no. One person said there’s no fee for room service, while another said yes. Restaurant times are different on different informational brochures/ printouts.).
There’s really nothing to do at the resort. There are about 5-6 dinky activities planned each day-some sort of poker, water aerobics, stretching, some art activity and maybe something else depending on the day-but there’s no guarantee that they’ll start at the time listed or that they’ll even happen at all, so you can’t plan on those. One of the days, it rained, and they didn’t even try to set up anything for guests to keep them occupied.
Needless to say, I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Cabo San Lucas at the tip of the Baja called Land’s End lies the Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, a luxury beachfront hotel surrounded by the magnificent desert, abundant sea life, inspiring coastline and many activities that Los Cabos has to offer. This casual Los Cabos resort offers the perfect combination of excitement and solitude. Situated on the clean golden sands of El Médano beach close to a multitude of water sports, Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos offers pampering service and fine accommodations. Now offers a deluxe all-inclusive option which includes all resort restaurants and bars, as well as those at sister property Pueblo Bonito Rosé Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Blanco Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico