I would like to start by saying that we (my fiancé and I) are very laid back travelers, and are typically easy to please.
Upon first impression, I was very happy. Nice doormen and front desk staff. The lobby has a wonderful lavender smell too. The front desk lady informed us when we checked in that they had a nice room for us but the timeshare owners would be arriving in two days, so we would have to move rooms. We were assured it would be a smooth process and that they would take care of everything. This was not the case.
When the time came to switch rooms (after two days of not being able to unpack) I went to the front desk and told them we were all packed and ready to switch. I was informed that our new room was not ready and we would have to bring our bags down to the hotel entrance and check them with the bellboys. Including our items that required refrigeration. This made no sense to me, as we were told the room we were moving into was RIGHT next door to the room we were in. So I brought the bellboy up to the room and spoke with him about what our options were. He agreed that it made more sense to leave our bags in the room until our new room was ready. So I handed him a HEFTY tip to move the bags for us and I turned in my keys to the front desk (as they required me to). Ok...so I think all will be taken care of. We go to the pool for 2-3 hours to allow them time to do the room swap.
I go to the front desk and get my new keys, the room is ready! So I'm stoked. Get to the room, no bags. And the beds weren't combined as requested. (They have no king beds but will combine them when you ask) so our bags are still locked in our old room and I have no keys to get them myself. Alright...back downstairs I go. Have to track down the bellboy I gave mucho dollars to, and he slowly makes his way up to let me into my old room. He helps me move my bags and when I went back in the old room for one final sweep, I see he snatched the maid tip I left on the table. Not cool.
The timeshare pushing starts from the second you walk in. You have to turn down their sister property "tour" five or six times to even get your towel cards. This is their standard check in process so beware. One morning I went down to ask the front desk a question, and one of the bellboys or pool boys leaned in and interrupted me to ask if I had signed up for a property "tour" yet. And then tried to push all inclusive on me. I didn't feel like a guest, I felt like a target.
The Rosé next door hosts a couple of extremely obnoxious events. Some Michael Jackson tribute and their "Carnival." Holy good god that Carnival is the loudest event ever. If you're tired or want to relax on a Saturday evening, good luck! (If your room is on the Rosé side of Blanco)
The good stuff-
The real saving grace of this place was the pool. The courtyard area was SO relaxing and tranquil. Birds and waterfalls and palm trees. Great water temp and plenty of sun. No trouble getting lounge chairs.
The location and view. So beautiful!
The maids also did an amazing job on keeping the room clean.
Food on site was mediocre at best, but we did not eat at the resort much.
Room service was edible and timely.
Doormen and the two front desk girls were very nice.
Checkout was smooth sailing.
We are annual visitors to Cabo, and regret to say we will be staying elsewhere on our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Cabo San Lucas at the tip of the Baja called Land’s End lies the Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, a luxury beachfront hotel surrounded by the magnificent desert, abundant sea life, inspiring coastline and many activities that Los Cabos has to offer. This casual Los Cabos resort offers the perfect combination of excitement and solitude. Situated on the clean golden sands of El Médano beach close to a multitude of water sports, Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos offers pampering service and fine accommodations. Now offers a deluxe all-inclusive option which includes all resort restaurants and bars, as well as those at sister property Pueblo Bonito Rosé Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Blanco Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico