“Meh”

Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos
Ranked #15 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I would like to start by saying that we (my fiancé and I) are very laid back travelers, and are typically easy to please.
Upon first impression, I was very happy. Nice doormen and front desk staff. The lobby has a wonderful lavender smell too. The front desk lady informed us when we checked in that they had a nice room for us but the timeshare owners would be arriving in two days, so we would have to move rooms. We were assured it would be a smooth process and that they would take care of everything. This was not the case.
When the time came to switch rooms (after two days of not being able to unpack) I went to the front desk and told them we were all packed and ready to switch. I was informed that our new room was not ready and we would have to bring our bags down to the hotel entrance and check them with the bellboys. Including our items that required refrigeration. This made no sense to me, as we were told the room we were moving into was RIGHT next door to the room we were in. So I brought the bellboy up to the room and spoke with him about what our options were. He agreed that it made more sense to leave our bags in the room until our new room was ready. So I handed him a HEFTY tip to move the bags for us and I turned in my keys to the front desk (as they required me to). Ok...so I think all will be taken care of. We go to the pool for 2-3 hours to allow them time to do the room swap.
I go to the front desk and get my new keys, the room is ready! So I'm stoked. Get to the room, no bags. And the beds weren't combined as requested. (They have no king beds but will combine them when you ask) so our bags are still locked in our old room and I have no keys to get them myself. Alright...back downstairs I go. Have to track down the bellboy I gave mucho dollars to, and he slowly makes his way up to let me into my old room. He helps me move my bags and when I went back in the old room for one final sweep, I see he snatched the maid tip I left on the table. Not cool.
The timeshare pushing starts from the second you walk in. You have to turn down their sister property "tour" five or six times to even get your towel cards. This is their standard check in process so beware. One morning I went down to ask the front desk a question, and one of the bellboys or pool boys leaned in and interrupted me to ask if I had signed up for a property "tour" yet. And then tried to push all inclusive on me. I didn't feel like a guest, I felt like a target.
The Rosé next door hosts a couple of extremely obnoxious events. Some Michael Jackson tribute and their "Carnival." Holy good god that Carnival is the loudest event ever. If you're tired or want to relax on a Saturday evening, good luck! (If your room is on the Rosé side of Blanco)

The good stuff-
The real saving grace of this place was the pool. The courtyard area was SO relaxing and tranquil. Birds and waterfalls and palm trees. Great water temp and plenty of sun. No trouble getting lounge chairs.
The location and view. So beautiful!
The maids also did an amazing job on keeping the room clean.
Food on site was mediocre at best, but we did not eat at the resort much.
Room service was edible and timely.
Doormen and the two front desk girls were very nice.
Checkout was smooth sailing.
We are annual visitors to Cabo, and regret to say we will be staying elsewhere on our next trip.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Joel907
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Joel907,

We truly appreciate the time you took to send us such a detailed review, we would like to extend you our most sincere apology because there was no reason for you to have had that experience, we will verify the procedures and make corrections to avoid unnecessary issues with our guests
We really hope to welcome you anytime in the future.

Goyita Osako, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,354)

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Each year we spend two weeks at Pueblo Bonito Blanco during Christmas and New Years. Each person there makes us feel welcome from the moment we arrive, with the guys at the door greeting us with the famous "Welcome Home" to the staff at the front desk of Henoc, Andrea, and Andres, making sure everything is correct with your reservation and your stay is a memorable one.
Although this is an older resort, you can not find better views of Medano Beach in Cabo. The rooms are very clean and well kept, as well as the whole resort area. From here you are a short walk to any water activities you would like to enjoy along Medano Beach or easy walk to town.
There are several wonderful Restaurants on site and an all inclusive plan is available, that also includes the special event nights.
During our time here we love that we are close enough to sit on our balcony and enjoy the New Years Eve Fireworks.
We'll be back next year, same time, to see all our Pueblo Bonito Family.

Room Tip: Great view from 523.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Kenna0313,

We truly appreciate your comments and the time you took to review us, it's a pleasure for us to make guests like you feel comfortable and like home specially during the holidays. Thank you for your preference on choosing Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos during this special time of the year. We will be more than happy to welcome you next year.

Goyita Osako, General Manager

Reviewed 15 January 2014

after 15 years I don't get tired of our annual thanksgiving trip to cabo. always stay at the blanco and would not stay anywhere else. the best location, the best staff, an affordable five star facility in cabo. this year we had a group of 16, many of us returning but added some newbies, all had a wonderful time trying the local activities or doing as little as possible. our special thanks to Henoc ("H") who has been our host for several years and makes the experience a home away from home.

Room Tip: go high for best ocean view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Manny M
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here for a week. Used a family member's time share without any issues. Had a gorgeous ocean view from room. Room was unfortunately fairly dirty. Thin layer of grease over cabinets, door handles, light switches. Weird smell in the room at times. Pool area is very nice with plenty of chairs to go around. Restaurants served very tasty food, just VERY expensive. Took advantage of the twice daily happy hours to save some pesos on the pricey drinks. The service in the restaurants was excellent while the pool wait staff was aloof and usually hard to track down. Hotel is just short walk from downtown and right on the beach which is pretty crucial in Cabo as a lot of the main strip is kind of a pit.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must. Junior suite is ideal because you have a kitchen and can eat a bit in the roo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eewilson80
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Blanco this past weekend for a Bachelorette party and couldn't have asked for better service from the front desk, especially from Yair. He went out of his way to make us feel special and provided us with the best room ever! Our entire stay was elevated because of Yair and we will never forget our time at the hotel and in Cabo.The restaurant and pool servers were always attentive and friendly to our group. Oswaldo at Cilantro's was excellent as well! Thank you thank you thank you!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Courtney R
Reviewed 13 January 2014

If you have not been to Pueblo Bonito Blanco in cabo san Lucas,Mexico,you don't know what you are missing.
It will be the best experience inn your life.
The director is an amazing person who make sou feel at home,always ready to make sure you are happy.
One sees her walking around the premises every day,making sure all the clients are taken care of.
I recommend this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: A room facing the Sea of Cortez and the Arco
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ipparcotiempo
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We just came back from Cabo San Lucas. We stayed in Pueblo Bonito Blanco. This was our second time there. We had a birthday dinner for my husband at the Mare Norstrom in the Rose and the very lovely guy Jose Cuberto made my husbands birthday very special. He surprised him with a delicious piece of cake with a candle and nice decorations on the plate. They all sang '' Happy Birthday''. We will definitely be back soon. The best waiters for breakfast are Samuel and Ulises. We are very glad to meet these wonderful people, who made our stay very pleasurable. We hope that when we come back some time soon that they will be there.
What about Pueblo Bonito Blanco? For my husbands birthday we had a surprise in the hotel room. The housekeeper put blue glass beads on our bed... ''Happy Birthday!'' Mr........
That was really surprise for him.
What about waiters in Blanco? The best waiter there is Freddy Sanchez. Anything you can ask him - he will do it for you, no problem...he's great. The food was very good. Service was excellent. We saw the Mexican Fiesta and the Michael Jackson shows and they were great. It was very hard to leave this wonderful place. We will definitely be back soon!!
Zhanna and Rex