“Great Summer Get Away!”

Ranked #12 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Bell Gardens, California
“Great Summer Get Away!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

first time in Cabo and i have to say that Pueblo Bonito Blanco was an excellent choice. Staff is incredibly friendly. Great drinks, and food selection. Our rooms always smelled good and room service was wonderful. Juanita did a great job in cleaning our room every morning. Ozcar with the Z, lol our door man was such a wonderful person. He has a great personality and was incredibly attentive. Jhendi our poolside waiter was awesome. Kept on checking on us everytime and his service was excellent, always with a smile on his face, never a dull moment with him. Rodrigo aka sexy boy gave great aquatic lessons. Always very energetic with a great sense of humor. I will absolutely go next year and stay at Pueblo Bonito Blanco. And its also steps away from Medano beach and downtown cabo where you can walk, admire the scenery, best part is that there is a mall too. Our stay in cabo was memorable, totally recommend.
Noemi Barajas

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view to the beach
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Noemi B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (845)
Annapolis
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Day one we arrived around 5 pm and our reservations were there but they didn't have our rooms. 55 minutes later they had us go to the Rose and insisted they were doing us a favor because it's a newer property... And they would have a room at the Los Cabos the next day. We had to go back over the next day and hold their hand through bringing us back over. I don't work for your hotel.

Construction and maintenance going on the entire time. My balcony was completely unusable for days on end as paint chips flew on it buried it. Forget having a coffee or drink out there. This happened just about every day of our trip. There would randomly be strange men on our balcony looking in our room when we assumed we'd have some privacy.

If I owned the pueblo bonito properties id look in to a new operations manager for this hotel. You have prime real estate being wasted because of laziness and mismanagement. They either don't know, or don't care... Regardless, if you're looking for a relaxing vacation do you want this to become your problem?

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Tim O
Bennington, Nebraska
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Blanco or Pueblo Bonito "Los Cabos" the weekend in June of 2014. Would I stay here again? Absolutely not! The entire hotel is understaffed and seem to not care at all about customer service. Besides being close to the beach, I have nothing more good things to say about this resort. The rooms were very basic and nothing special. The 24/7 room service is insanely slow. You are on hold for 30 minutes just to put an order in and then wait another hour for our microwaved food. The service is SO SLOW and he staff is rude. I have never had such horrible service in my life. When we would order a drink or food, the staff would roll their eyes and never had a smile on their face. It ruined our trip to be completely honest. We got all inclusive but wish we wouldn't have because the food was not even good. It was a complete waste. Pathetic huh? I was very unhappy and will 100% never go back and will never recommend anyone stay here. I wouldn't go even if they offered a free stay. No joke.

Room Tip: Wifi was available in their deli and it took 5 minutes to download one email. Totally not worth it...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Julie C
Discovery Bay, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have been staying here for so many years (15). We go back because it is a perfect location and the staff always remember us and treat us with kindness. It has changed to add all inclusive. While this is still fairly new (3yrs) and it does have some glitches, it still works. The bar staff of Hugo, Eduardo and Omar made the beach and pool service amazing, truly made the service shine. Each of them offered a fun and energetic view. Irving down on the beach helping with security and lifeguarding was fabulous. He went out of his way to help with everything and everybody.
The food is great for breakfast and lunch. Dinner can be a tad repetitive, however they will try to accommodate your desires. The drinks are good and they keep them coming.
The rooms have changed little over the years. They are all lovely and each have small kitchens to serve individual needs. The beds are all doubles but they push them together if you wish. The cleaning staff does an admirable job of keeping the rooms tidy.
We like to stay on the low floors with easy access to the pool and beach. Had an oceanfront view with no obstruction. Thank you Henoc :)
We will continue to stay there and enjoy all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DeborahRick
alberta
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the Bonito Blanco... oops they changed the name to Bonito Los Cabos recently.. beats me why... it's still white. :)

We stayed at a 2 bedroom, right in front of the beach.. it couldn't get any better as far as views.
One of the rooms had 2 queen beds rather than a King.. but they made it up as a super wide King bed as soon as we told them about it.

The room was very clean, and cleaning staff perfect... don't forget to leave them a tip :)

Now I don't know if it's because of the name change or what... but we have stayed here before, when it was called the Blanca, and I can say the staff was much friendlier then.

It all started as we pulled up at the hotel, my wife had to start hauling the bags before the bell boys even flinched to decide to help.

At the front desk we were given our keys... yes its an older hotel... still have keys.. but no one not even the bell boys told us how to get to our room :(

We found the staff in general very unfriendly... meaning they did not greet us as we walked by in the morning etc etc.
I really think they should have a general meeting and discuss etiquette. Things really did change.

We only ate there once this time as the food definitely is not that great. We had a full kitchen so it didn't take much to prepare a quick meal. Walmart is not too far away :) to buy food and alcohol.

Spending $95 per person per day on all inclusive is a bit ridiculous ... but might make sense to some if you want to drink over priced $12 drinks all day.

We chose this because of location.. Medano Beach.. lots of activities and restaurants just minutes away.. as well as The Marina and all its restaurants.. and just a block further... local mexican cuisine at a fraction of the price... even 15 or 20 peso beers and margaritas.

You don't have to blow the budget on food and drink.

Will we be back... definitely... We love the area.... obviously not the staff.

I do hope the management addresses the unfriendliness of the staff situation.

I did have a great massage.. took a free chair massage offered around the pool and then a private one... excellent.

Oh one other thing.. expect to be suckered in to a timeshare presentation....

Don't BUY!!! :) If you really want a timeshare.. they can be purchased at a fraction of the price or even free online.

My overall review given would have been higher if it wasn't for the I don't care attitude of staff.

If you found this to be helpful either to rent or not to rent then please give me a helpful vote.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank kherbold
Ventura, California
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have been coming to Pueblo Bonito Blanco for 22 years, as time share owners why? Because we LOVE it! We just shared a wonderful 2 week family vacation with our son-in-law, daughter and granddaughter along with her God mother. Make sure to get a spot by the pool in Hugo's section! Hugo is the BEST pool waiter in Cabo, he hustles, and is super friendly and Mr. Funny! Thx Hugo! Our Thanks to Jorge!! He helped my daughter, after she took a fall on the wet floor in the lobby. I had not one, but two incredible massages. You'll catch Jorge by the pool but don't just stop at the chair massage. Jorge has 23+ years of experience and trust me you can tell. Thank you Jorge, you helped my hip/back pain so much and it made me enjoy my trip that much more! Martin is the best bartender in Cabo and he always calls us by name. Thx Martin! We enjoyed the activities that Rodrigo hosted by the pool. Also big thanks to Andrea and Luis at the front desk! They totally took care of us when we changed rooms after the first week. The bell boys Franky, Arturo, and Oszar will take extra special care of all your luggage needs. Now we also enjoyed the activities at the Rose next door. Two great shows the Las Vegas night and the Michael Jackson show are truly crowd pleasers for all ages. Martin is the restaurant manager and does a fantastic job with both the food and shows. Thx Martin! I also wish to Thank Sol Torres for keeping things running smoothly and keeping the resort fresh and well maintained. You are truly an amazing person and good friend for 22 years. Thank you Sol! Until next year Virginia and John

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I loved our visit to Pueblo Bonito Blanco. The staff was amazing. I enjoyed all the activities (way to go Rodrego) - loved playing poker, doing aerobics in the pool, playing volleyball in the pool, and painting pottery. Also our waiters around the pool (Jhandy and Margaritto) were attentive and always shared a smile. Franky at the front door made us feel like we were important visitors there. We enjoyed a fishing trip (my husband caught a 200lb marlin) and a trip on the pirate ship.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple