We booked this trip (12/29/2013-1/3/2014) knowing ahead of time it was a timeshare promotion ($399 all inclusive). We read a lot of mixed Trip Advisor reviews so we were unsure what to expect.
Upon arrival, we were welcomed as soon as we got out of our 45 minute taxi ride from the airport. We found the resort clean but showed its age of 22 years. Our room was a jr suite (2 beds, kitchenette, bath) overlooking the front entrance. We did have an issue with the electronic door key device not working. But upon request we were placed in another jr suite with an ocean/pool view.
As expected our 90 minute timeshare presentation lasted over 3 1/2 hours. Our timeshare representative Sherri was nice and not aggressive with her presentation. After telling her and the three levels of management above her we were not interested, we were released from captivity.
This group has 3 timeshare properties adjoining each other. The presentation was for the newest property BUT we were placed in the oldest property. Seems if they wanted you to purchase timeshare in the newest property that is where you would stay? We were only allowed to use selected things on the newest property where the timeshares were being sold
The buffett meals were average. All were outside, so by the time you sat down to eat your food was cold. Staff was average.
I would rate the Villa del Palmar a 3.5 out of 5. For $399 all inclusive it was a good value if you realize it's a timeshare presentation. I would not purchase timeshare at this property because it is 22 years old.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is a stunning escape for family getaways and romantic couple's retreats. Located on Médano Beach just one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas, the exquisite resort offers the ultimate in lively entertainment, family-friendly amenities, indulgent experiences, and world-class service. Allow the sweeping vistas and gorgeous landscapes to render you speechless as you turn one of the 460 comfortable one, two and three bedroom suites, as well as private studios into your luxurious home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico