“Exceeded expectations!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Des Moines, Iowa
“Exceeded expectations!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had a destination wedding at Villa del Palmar and they exceeded my expectations in every way! Rocio, the wedding planner was amazing at helping me create the wedding I had visioned. It was actually a hard process because there were so many great options to choose from. The food was great and the staff serving the wedding was even better. DJ Roberto Contreras was spot on with the music and I cannot forget the photographer, Carlos Herrera. He was outstanding as well. Even if I wasn't the bride, I would say that it was one of the best weddings I've been to!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stacy R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,458)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Villa del Palmar was ok, I would not stay there again. food was ok, service ok over all Average employee not friendly at all only three or four stood out, staff just did not seem to have it together. Almu our server was great, she made us feel welcome, she should train other employees on how to give good service hi and a smile every day what ever we needed she was right there, she was the best and the tall guy that works at the Restaurant bar inside I don't remember his name he was great sometimes he was the only waiter working but he went above and beyond.Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort much better stay better Shows, way Better Shows

1 Thank candyflowerandchocol
Whittier, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The staff at this resort is unbelieveable. Miguel Lince - The front desk Manager goes above and beyond to make you feel welcomed and appreciated along with the other Manager Rogelio! Heriberto and the rest of the bell boys are so attentive and make you feel special. Roberto - the pool side Manager was Excellent! He made sure everyone at the pool was safe and that the pool was kept clean by not allowing people to eat and throw trash in the pool. Not fun when your in a dirty pool. He was excellent and constantly checking on you to see if everything was good and if you needed anything. These staff are AWESOME! This is definately recommended.

2 Thank WaterSun2014
Riverside, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Carolina working the front desk at Premium Services was exceptionally helpful in tracking a search in lost and found. Then made sure I was able to use my equipment that I needed.

Then there was Reyna as the Host bar specialist who demonstrated excellent customer service in checking on us daily.

The security man Sesar Garcia was so friendly. He always greeted us with a gigantic smile and a kind greetings. We saw him four different nights. Always helpful.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank laloloveschachacha
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We just returned from a week at the VDP. What a great resort for families. Let me start by saying I would have given five stars but there were a few things i was annoyed with. One was the fact we had an all-inclusive package and every time we ordered a drink or food we had to sign a receipt. This doesn't seem like a big deal but for EVERY water, soda, cocktail, food, etc there was a receipt which makes no sense if you are wearing an all inclusive bracelet. The other complain was when you ordered a drink (even a bottle of water) you could only order two. I found that ridiculous if I went to the pool bar and wanted to get drinks for me and my family I had to take someone with me. Oh and don't forget that we are an all inclusive so they would stock the fridge with soda that we would be charged for if we consumed....but I can order the same can of soda to my room and it was free. NO SENSE. And everything and I mean everything shut down at 10:30pm. So stock your fridge before it closes!

Other than that, the suites were large and clean and we had an amazing view of the pool. Housekeeping was great! Staff was super friendly! BIG SHOUT OUT TO Mateos, Santos and Marcos!!

Hotel grounds were beautiful the ocean was super dangerous while we were there due to a hurricane somewhere off the coast. But it was beautiful and swimable on a good day.

Pool activities were the exact same every day I wish they would have changed it up.

The food at every outlet was AMAZING!!!! All in all it was a great trip and if I went back to Cabo I would likely stay there again.

Room Tip: Visit Lovers Beach for snorkeling!!!!
5 Thank Suzanne A
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I give Villa Del Palmar 5 stars because everyone was making sure we are having great time during our stay. Starting at the check inn Lilliana welcomed us a beautiful smile and gave us a beautiful room with a great view. Lilliana is very professional and caring person, she advised us every day what to do and to see to enjoy every moment of our vacation. Thank you a lot Lillianally .
The entertaining group was really good during the day and every evening. The food was good also especially the different theme buffet with the show.
The house keeping are doing great job keeping the resort very clean.
Definitely we recommend this resort for friends and family.

Room Tip: Higher floor have good view of the sea.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank MonaHaney
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We always enjoy this resort. As always, we had a great time. The attention to detail is what impresses me most, from the grounds, to the room, to the food, service and staff. The people are wonderful. We look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed May 2014