“Good Family Vacation”

Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife, son (22) and daughter (18) spent 5 days at the Villa del Palmar Los Cabos, we got a very good deal that included the time share presentation. Based on some of the reviews that I had read, I was expecting a Motel 6 on sand. But I was pleasantly surprised. For a 30 year old hotel, it is very well maintained. Our rooms were very nice and smelled good. They were cleaned and stocked with more than enough fresh towels everyday.

The staff was very nice and always available to answer questions and help in any way that they could. The night before we left we needed change for $100 bill, we went to the exchange but they could only give us pesos. But the lady told us to go the front desk and the lady there told us that she could help us out the next morning. Well the next morning around 10:00 I got a call telling me that they were told that we needed American bills and that they made sure to take care of it for us (I really don't think that they were supposed to do that "legally" but that is what I call customer service and I really appreciated it.

We never once encountered rude workers, everyone that we encountered from the bellmen to those mowing the lawn had smiles and a polite greeting (more than I can say for some 'American' workers at hotels that I've stayed in here)

The food was good (the buffet), very good (the pizza, taco bar, and sports bar), and very good (The California Restaurant). The breakfast buffet was also very good...just watch out for the birds!

Because we were all inclusive, I understood and didn't have a problem signing for each meal and beverage nor did I have an issue with only being able to get one beverage at a time.

We were also able to take advantage of the gym which is just as good if not better than any of the chains in the states, and the sauna area is an oasis...great steam room and hot tub!

You should also know that there is a market on property which is like a mini Walgreens, we were able to get snacks and water to keep in our room so that we wouldn't have to pay more for the drinks and snacks in the room.

The only thing that I really have an issue with is NO FREE Wi-Fi...It's 2014 folks...Free Wi-Fi is available at Wal-Mart! I would think that if one could freely post pictures of their great vacation on their social media site from your establishment, how much MORE business you could get.

Because of our deal, we had to go to the timeshare presentation, having gone to presentations in the past we already knew what we were in for and we goT it and more! JUST TAKE NO the first time!!!

Overall it was a great family vacation, we have lots of pictures and great memories and will more than likely be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Keith S

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed June of 2011. Loved the rooms at the resort, all very spacious and updated. Very clean!! Staff did a good job of keeping rooms cleaned daily. Breakfast was great, the omelet stations was by far the best!!!

We had 4 days of all inclusive. Wasn't a fan of the buffet style dinners, but the endless amount of drinks on the beach was nice!!! Beach was OK.....but a very-wide beach and was constantly on a slant. The people selling items on the beach was non-stop, almost annoying.

Overall very nice stay. Weather was ok but very, very windy. I would recommend this resort without hesitation!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JaySeven
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The staff at this resort are outstanding!!!! The level of service and hospitality given to each guest was incredible. This is the first time at palmar and we were impressed. We were welcomed by a friendly front desk. We then had the pleasure of meeting our Bartender, Lupe. Talk about service!!!! The service he provided to us alone would make us return to the Palmar. Esther, Nicolas and Alberto were awesome! Pool is just incredible in the day and better at night. We had a great vacation

Room Tip: Nice Rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The rooms were great! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The buffet dinner and show at Tortugas restaurant was awesome. There were different themed shows each night and the food was themed too. Very kid friendly! As for Ricardo at dinner and poolside! He was amazing! The pools and beach were fun. Lots of activities poolside and the onsite restaurants were awesome!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Felicia T
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The first night we were there I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I did not want to disturb my husband by turning on the light, I was a little disoriented and lightly feeling the bathroom for the door I touched the mirror on the wall it fell off on to my left big toe. I tried calling the front desk and room service for help the phones were busy. The next morning we went to the hospital there in Cabo which by the way was amazing, they told me I had two fractures to my big toe and follow up in the states with an orthopedic needless to say it made for a miserable trip I had six days with a boot. I might want to add that the mirror had scotch tape on the back ( because it was broke)and weighed about 50/60 lbs the brackets were plastic and broken it was an accident waiting to happen! We told the hotel staff as soon as we came back from the hospital , we never heard anything from them till Friday evening when I went back to the desk at 4:30 to complain about my room not being cleaned Again and that they still had not acknowledged the mirror incident . That night there was bottle of wine a platter of 6 pieces of cheese 4 olives 2 tiny bread sticks and a drizzle of honey mustard, I don't drink wine. We woke up Monday with our bill under our door. I would recommend staying some where else for sure!! I did follow up with an orthopedic as soon as we got home to the states my toe is broke in three places with bone fragments I know will be in a boot 6/8 weeks and had to cancel my family vacation with my kids !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank KimTurner2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hector made our experience excellent! He was the best waiter at the pool bar and we had the pleasure of him serving us every day. All food and drinks were served very fast and he was always upbeat and friendly. Because of Hector's service, we will certainly return to the Villa Del Palmer in Cabo!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wayne H
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Jose Reyes was a excellent waiter for the "Villa del Palmar" hotel. He was always moving and he made a great service for all the different families. He is also a person that is very fast with the service and respects the people. EXELENT SERVICE.

• Stayed: July 2014