My wife, son (22) and daughter (18) spent 5 days at the Villa del Palmar Los Cabos, we got a very good deal that included the time share presentation. Based on some of the reviews that I had read, I was expecting a Motel 6 on sand. But I was pleasantly surprised. For a 30 year old hotel, it is very well maintained. Our rooms were very nice and smelled good. They were cleaned and stocked with more than enough fresh towels everyday.
The staff was very nice and always available to answer questions and help in any way that they could. The night before we left we needed change for $100 bill, we went to the exchange but they could only give us pesos. But the lady told us to go the front desk and the lady there told us that she could help us out the next morning. Well the next morning around 10:00 I got a call telling me that they were told that we needed American bills and that they made sure to take care of it for us (I really don't think that they were supposed to do that "legally" but that is what I call customer service and I really appreciated it.
We never once encountered rude workers, everyone that we encountered from the bellmen to those mowing the lawn had smiles and a polite greeting (more than I can say for some 'American' workers at hotels that I've stayed in here)
The food was good (the buffet), very good (the pizza, taco bar, and sports bar), and very good (The California Restaurant). The breakfast buffet was also very good...just watch out for the birds!
Because we were all inclusive, I understood and didn't have a problem signing for each meal and beverage nor did I have an issue with only being able to get one beverage at a time.
We were also able to take advantage of the gym which is just as good if not better than any of the chains in the states, and the sauna area is an oasis...great steam room and hot tub!
You should also know that there is a market on property which is like a mini Walgreens, we were able to get snacks and water to keep in our room so that we wouldn't have to pay more for the drinks and snacks in the room.
The only thing that I really have an issue with is NO FREE Wi-Fi...It's 2014 folks...Free Wi-Fi is available at Wal-Mart! I would think that if one could freely post pictures of their great vacation on their social media site from your establishment, how much MORE business you could get.
Because of our deal, we had to go to the timeshare presentation, having gone to presentations in the past we already knew what we were in for and we goT it and more! JUST TAKE NO the first time!!!
Overall it was a great family vacation, we have lots of pictures and great memories and will more than likely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is a stunning escape for family getaways and romantic couple's retreats. Located on Médano Beach just one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas, the exquisite resort offers the ultimate in lively entertainment, family-friendly amenities, indulgent experiences, and world-class service. Allow the sweeping vistas and gorgeous landscapes to render you speechless as you turn one of the 460 comfortable one, two and three bedroom suites, as well as private studios into your luxurious home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico