“Great Location and An Overall Very Good Experience”
Review of Tesoro Los Cabos

Tesoro Los Cabos
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I recently spent 5 nights (11/12 – 11/17) at the Wyndham Cabo San Lucas and was very satisfied. The location, right on the marina, is great and everything is within walking distance. We went fishing twice and could safely walk from the hotel all the way around the marina to where a large number of the more “reasonable” boats are docked. The room and hotel was very clean and the pool, while not on a par with many of the more expensive resorts, was very acceptable and great for jumping in to cool off on a hot day.

I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: I booked via Apple Vacations and there wasn't an option to specify 2 separate beds in one room...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank millekj
WyndhamCSL, Gerente at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2011

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased about your kind comments and suggestions, it will be a pleasure to be your host in a near future and share with you the important improvements that have been taking place.

Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (2,099)

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed at the Wyndham for a couple nights before going to our All-inclusive resort for a week. We did it initially simply because of the logistics of airfare and dates, but now I think that we would enjoy staying at the Wyndham for a more extended period of time. It is very convenient to all the downtown activities and marina of Cabo. You can walk almost anywhere. The room was basic, but nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. The view of the marina from our room (357) was great. There is a small refig, but no microwave.
The Wyndham gives you a wristband to wear, I guess to identify you as you come and go from the hotel as well as for the included breakfast at the restaurant next door. The wristbands are somewhat annoying in my opinion. They also identify you as you walk around town. Towel cards are provided for the pool, but we never used the pool during our short stay. It did look decent, but had limited areas for shade, and I don’t remember much in the way of umbrellas. There were plenty of chase lounges. The buffet breakfast was very adequate and added value to the room.
Since we were only there for two days, we did not use many of the hotels amenities. I would not hesitate to stay there again, for a longer period of time, as it is quite reasonably priced and is in the middle of everything downtown. I would recommend it if you are simply looking for a nice Mexican hotel and plan to do most of your activities around town.

Room Tip: Suite with a Marina view on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Muskydoc
WyndhamCSL, Gerente at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future, and can assure you that upon your return you will see the improvements which you have helped to shape, from your comments. In the meantime.

Thanks very much again for your thoughts and your comments,

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Really good value, great location,amazing Buffet breakfast. would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank jabjava

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time of give us your comments about our property and our services, let me assure you that my staff and I do our utmost to ensure that all our guest receive the highest level of service and attention during their stay with us.

We hope that you can give us another opportunity in the near future to host you, and show you the important changes and improvements that have been taking place, it will be a pleasure to host you again.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments

Reviewed 19 November 2011

After reading the mixed reviews from home(alberta canada) about the Wyndam I was kinda leary on what to expect! I stayed here from November 6/11 to November 13/11. I was totally impressed. I am not a five star kinda gal and found the W to be perfect. My bed was awesome, my room perfect for me and i chose city view b/c of what people said about the noise on the Marina. I was on the 5th floor, up a long flight of stars but was amazed of my view of the mountains. I found all the staff to be helpful and kind. Jesus at the breakfast buffet was especially delightful and ensured my cafe was caliente!!!!!. I found the breakfast buffet to be quite nummy with lotsa of variety.(more than i happened to sample at a 5 star resort one morning). If i were to go to los cabos again i would stay at the Wyndam, maybe on the Marina side so I could catch the sunrises..however i do get those at home anyways. Wyndam gets a thumbs up from me!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jojo8179
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I booked this hotel for the WON Tuna Jackpot Tournament. The hotel advertised a good rate with a complimentary welcoming bucket of iced beer and complimentary breakfast during the tournament. When I inquired at the desk for the location of where they served breakfast I was told that breakfast was at 7:00 a.m. The problem with that was the start of the fishing day for the tournament was at 7:00 a.m. Now someone in the hotel must know this as they sponsor the tournament every year. When I complained about the false advertising of the breakfast, the man behind the counter called someone and said that he was sorry but that we could order box lunches. I figured if they were giving us box lunches instead of breakfast, I could live with that. However they were not going to replace the complimentary breakfast with a box lunch, they wanted to charge $10.00 per person for the lunch. How was that for a rip off? They don't have to stand the cost of the breakfast and they get you on the lunch. Needless to say I declined the lunch. I was able to have breakfast on the last day. The breakfast was great in a very pleasant setting. The package I booked also included a welcoming bucket of beer, which I never saw. I also had to call down for fresh towels because there were none in the room. The internal phone service was spotty. To be fair the room was nice and the bed comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side are quieter. Rooms on the Marina side noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank namelesstraveler_11
WyndhamCSL, Gerente at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

I wish to extend my most sincere apology to the reviewer for the shortfalls in our communications with him. The package that the reviewer purchased in fact includes a Bucket of Beer upon arrival, same that it’s stocked in the minibar available in the room, and it is not presented inside a bucket. Unfortunately, breakfast in our regular breakfast plans, cannot be switched to Boxed breakfast, nevertheless the fishing package our reviewer purchased did not include regular breakfast, but included the boxed breakfast and had to be requested via Suite Service, thus the miscommunications with the desk.

We are disappointed that our guest expectations were not met, and will take the measures necessary to avoid similar situations in the future, in accordance with our dedication to the pursuit of excellence.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Hotel is close to everything. Rooms are not real big but very nice and clean. We had a great view of the marina. We were going on a liveaboard diving for a week and from this hotel you can walk right to the boats. We loved the ease of walking to everything in town so great for those who love town life. If you are diving with Nautilus Explorer or the Solomar V then this is the place to stay pre or post your trip.

Room Tip: Get a marina view and see the sunsets from your patio. Great location to town.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We have been coming to Cabo for years, probably about 14. We come 2 weeks a year and have timeshares in different places. Tersoro changes hands so many times, staff is rude, sales people for timeshare are rude and never know whats going on. Its always difficult to book a reservation and when I send a letter I get no response. I would warn people before you stay here to go to Craigslist and rent a week somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Marquies
WyndhamCSL, Gerente at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

I sincerely regret our apparent inability to provide this reviewer with the stay he was expecting, nevertheless not being able to identify the specifics of this case and by the general comments, I can assume this reviewer is a time share owner, for whom the reservation process is different than our regular hotel. We will most certainly take heed to the reviewers valuable comments in order to enact improvements in the areas he found to be lacking. We look forward to welcoming the reviewer again in future.

Respectfully