“Great customer service nice location”
Review of Tesoro Los Cabos

Tesoro Los Cabos
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We had a fabulous trip Noe Juarez Galvez provided great customer service and made our stay excellent. The marina & downtown location of this hotel is very convenient we will be coming back with a larger group.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevinshalia c
Write a ReviewReviews (2,081)

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Overall this resort is nice just know that some rooms have many steps up to rooms, we had to have help getting or large suitcases up to the room. Also the winding outside hallway is like you are going through a maze. Pool was upstairs and out of the way on the other side of hotel, we never had a chnce to use it because of our short stay and we were busy with outings because we had a car.The room is small but we had a Marina view and it was awesome. Continenal breakfast was fabulous, one of the best I have ever seen. We only stayed three nights and then moved on to another resort on the beach. But it was great to be in the arina for those three nights being able to wander around the Marina and the markets there. I would stay there again but would request no stairs or maybe pack lighter.

Room Tip: Room with marina view was great was not that noisy just have to keep sliding door closed, we even ha...
1  Thank 4fromlangley
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I just left on 03/02/2012 and had a horrible time. I was in a one bedroom unit at the very end of the resort, (281) what they failed to tell me and my wife was that they were remodeling the rooms next to us. The sanding and the hammering wasn't too bad. (*You can hear your neighbor through the thin walls) We had to switch rooms when we started getting headaches from the paint. We had to change to a studio with two double beds.

We had friends (Husband, Wife, and baby) staying at pueblo bonito sunset beach which is outside of town. They would come to our hotel to meet with us in the lobby. One night they wanted to change their child in our room before they took a taxi to their hotel. They were not allowed, i was told visiting hours were until 6 p.m. When I asked if the mother could just go up to the room to change the baby they said only if they can get a copy of her id card. Once they had the copy they let her up to our room. I assumed that since it was after 6 p.m. that was the reason they were giving my wife and i such a hard time.

The following day they came to our hotel to get ready before a sunset cruise at 4 p.m. they were not allowed to enter our room unless they left their identification cards with the front desk. I told the staff that they can take copies but they could not keep the cards. the Manager (some young guy named Noah or Noe) said that this was their policy. I then got into an argument with him about the day before when they only took a photo copy and asked, why the Wyndham policy changes on a daily basis. After getting no where, I had Noe tell my friends the policy.

When my friends (husband, wife, daughter[age1]) refused to leave their Identification cards, they said that they would have to leave. i then tried to add them to the room (time share-maximum 4 adults) and was told I would have to pay the nightly room rate to add them. When i told the front desk manager that i had gotten the room through "interval" and that i shouldn't have to pay, he said that did not matter.

I'm now at club cascadas and can't begin to explain the difference in quality and customer service.

I understand the guest rule at Wyndham is so there isn't a SQUID ROE after party at the hotel. But being treated so horrible for wanting to have my friends get ready or just relax at our room (not overnight) is just sad.

I do not recommend this hotel, the front desk staff is rude. Honestly, horrible service.

***SINGLE PEOPLE**** if you do meet a guy or girl in Cabo, good luck trying to get them into your room.

Room Tip: try to stay by the swimming pool, that's the only place with WIFI.
5  Thank Kevin B
WyndhamCSL, Gerente at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

I thank the reviewer for this generally positive review, although granted with the worst possible grade a review can obtain; most guests indeed do appreciate our strict visitor’s policy and our full commitment with a safe and comfortable travel to our Resort. As stated in our rules and regulations in Art. 2.- Any person who stays at this hotel must present official ID and be properly registered on the registration cards provided by the hotel. & Art. 4.- It is not allowed to have visitors to the suites between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. or to allow additional people in the room without previous registration and authorization by the hotel Management and arrangements should be made for the appropriate charges. There is of course a different procedure for visitors than for adding additional Guests to a room, one requires the ID to remain at the desk and the other just requires a photocopy.

We do appreciate the reviewers understanding in our guest rule, but it is not only to avoid a SQUID ROE after party at the hotel, but to guarantee a safe and controlled environment for our Guests to relax and enjoy carefree their suites and public areas. We are deeply concerned that the guest is unhappy for following our security procedures and will look into his general complaint in accordance to our pursuit of excellence. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome him back in the future under more pleasant circumstances.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

We did not plan on staying at the Wyndham but God works in mysterious ways. My friend and I were displaced from another hotel and they booked us here. When we arrived, the staff was welcoming, the lobby was clean and the front desk lines were minimum. It was meant to be.

Hotel:
Our hotel room # 234 was standard but clean and in a good location. We had an obstructed view of the Marina but did not mind. The bathroom & closet area was sufficient. The Flat Screen TV had various satellite channels in Spanish with a few in English. We asked for the Wi-Fi code at the front desk and were able to log in everyday in our room or anywhere around the hotel for free. The Wi-Fi service is slow but it served its purpose. Who goes on a vacation to stay online anyway? The pool was not inviting but we were told its undergoing a renovation soon. Keep in mind, this is a time share hotel and we were approached upon arrival but they do not harass you. If you are not interested just kindly say no, thank you.

Location and Tours:
The location was fabulous! We walked the Marina everyday. You can easily walk to the beach, Paradiso mall, restaurants and the club district in minutes. The Medano beach is approximately a 35 minute walk but the scenery is great. The Hacienda Beach is closer but not as nice. A water taxi was $6 from the hotel to Hacienda Beach where all of the water sports take place. If you go there, look for JT Water Sports, the owner was great! Also the Cabo Escape Booze/Happy Hour Cruise was entertaining. We also used Cabo Escape for snorkeling whose pier is behind the Wyndham. So convenient we had no complaints with the tour operators.

Overall, I found this hotel to be a great value in an excellent location. I would recommend staying here. Say Hello to Nercy & the concierge Alexandra for us.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Hey Fishermen! Perfect location. Right in the middle of the Marina. The staff is kind and helpful. I have stayed at six different hotels in the area, and this was best for my needs. The Breakfast Buffet is quite nice. Love the eggs to order. Again, the serving staff is very efficient. My room was quiet and I slept like a baby. This is the first hotel that had laundry returned the same day you tund it in ti them. I plan to stay here again in the near future.
p.s. $20.00 for 1 hour massage right in the building! What a deal!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank susan w
Reviewed 22 February 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. STAY ANYWHERE ELSE...there are plenty of good choices in this location. I am a world traveler and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had and my husband agreed. The only thing that went to plan we had asked for a room high up facing the marina, we got room 577. Our safe never worked the entire duration of our stay. We arrived later in the evening, woke to the smell of sewer in our room. Told the front desk, they looked at it. It appeared to be resolved, until the next morning the same thing happened again they looked at it again, it happened again, and so on, never once offering to move us or relocate us to another room. Absolutely disgusting. The pool area is the worst we have ever been to. Freezing cold water. Horrendously uncomfortable chairs! A liner in the pool? Come on Wyndam spend the money and FIX it properly. Entire pool area needs MAJOR renovations. We did not get bath products replenished on a daily basis. We only got 1 lotion the entire time. One day our room never was cleaned and when we called to complain they said they could not do it because staff was going home. We went to dinner, came back were getting into the unmade bed and someone showed up to refresh the linens at that hour! Staff is courteous, but has no power to affect any changes needed. A manager never seemed to be on duty whenever we came to the desk to complain. We asked for our room cost to be reduced as a token of all the issues we endured on our week stay at the property and to add insult to injury the manager came back offering a 3 day stay at the resort!!! I would have been thrilled with even a $100 credit off my bill, but no thank you I will not waste our precious vacation time staying at this resort or any Wyndham again. We will NEVER return to this property. The Wyndham should be ashamed of how they handled this situation and more ashamed of the state of this property.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank canmoreandersons
WyndhamCSL, Gerente at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

We are truly sorry for not being able to provide the reviewer the Resort stay she was expecting, and for our short falls in our customer care and services, nevertheless we are unable to provide guests with cash compensations in exchange for not posting a negative review, we will most certainly heed your valuable comments in order to enact improvements in accordance with our pursuit of excellence.

We pride ourselves on our accommodations, amenities and guest services, and we express great concern if any guest feels that their expectations were not met in any way. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome the reviewer back in the near future, under more pleasant circumstances.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We recently stayed at the Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort. We were given a deal at $99.00 per night, with complimentary WiFi and Breakfast. We did not get what we thought we would.

I'll start with what went okay with the hotel. The staff overall was friendly, and nothing was stolen. I would strongly recommend putting anything valuable such as a passport in the room safe. The location was really good, as it's only minutes (even seconds) from nightlife, shopping, and restaurants. It's about a 10 minute walk from the beach, in spite of what some locals will tell you (they're trying to make a sale to take you in the water taxi. They will tell you it's a 25 minute walk). The complimentary breakfast was fantastic. It tasted really good and there was a variety of food (a bit different every day) as it is a buffet style.

Now here is the "fun" part...

We stayed in room 217 and were promised a city view. I understand that room 217 could be in the city room category because of the side it's on, but there is no "city" view at all. It was a view of a wall, where all we could see were fans and maintenance people walking around. That is not a city view. I'm assuming it's the worst room in the hotel. We did not feel safe and felt we had to have the blinds closed 24/7. For $100.00 a night, a customer should get what they were told they would get, and for what they paid for.

It seems maybe the extra charges on the room were because of the exchange rates, but we were told on the phone with the head office of Wyndham the exact amount we would pay, and were charged more anyways. No one told us about exchange rates. I'm very disappointed.

I understand that Wyndham is concerned with energy saving, but because there aren't many lights in the hallway, it makes a guest feel unsafe walking down them by themselves.

The internet connection was very weak in most of the hotel. If you wanted a good connection, you would have to go to the pool area or the restaurant. The back of the door in the room was dirty. Because of the tile floor in the building, we could not sleep in as the banging sound of the housekeeping carts (and housekeeping staff speaking loudly) would disturb our sleep in the earlier hours of the morning. You had to run the shower for 5-10 minutes if you wanted hot water. It's also ridiculous to charge if someone makes a local call.

I probably would not stay there again. I don't know what it says about Wyndham in general, but their Cabo San Lucas location was below par.

5  Thank jaylan7
WyndhamCSL, Gerente at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

I am very disappointed that we were unable to provide the reviewer with the Resort stay she was expecting, I wish she had offered us the opportunity to assist her during her stay. As explained in the many forums the reviewer has contacted us thru and directly via e-mail, as most hotels do, we sell room categories, in this case the reviewer had reserved a Standard City View and that was exactly what she was provided with, we do apologize if the view of the City had a building with fans and was not what she was hoping for, nevertheless we do have a higher category, although a little more expensive called a Marina View, if a better view was required.
To clarify the issue with the rate and to inform the TA community, the rate is confirmed in dollars but charged to a credit card in the Mexican official currency which is the Mexican Peso, and then turned back again into dollars again by the reviewers bank, in this transactions, and due to the difference in the exchange rate between the hotel and the bank, thus the minimal difference in the dollar amount.
We are of course grateful for all types of feedback and will enact improvements in all the areas the reviewer found to be lacking , in accordance with our dedication to the pursuit of excellence in service. We do appreciate the positive notes regarding the friendliness of our staff and how fantastic and varied the complementary breakfast was. We look forward to welcoming the reviewer again in the future under more pleasant circumstances I am confident that the experience will be entirely opposite.