Hotel Mar de Cortez
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Los Milagros Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Hotel Marina(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Hotel Melida(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Siesta Suites(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Cabo Las Flores Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Cabo Vista Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
All reviewscabo wabonice poolrooms are very basicno tv or phonesecure parkingbudget hotelplace to sleeppurified watermexican hotelwatch tvon site restauranttwo blocksfree breakfastthe hotel is cleantacowalking distance to everythinglocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Would simply endorse what previous posters have said – good basic accommodation in a great location at a good price. Ate lunch at the hotel once and it was good but ate other meals at the Marina – expensive (compared to the rest of Mexico) but great people watching. Also took boat tour from the Marina to see the rock formations and do a little snorkelling- water taxis are cheaper we discovered.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2010

A girlfriend and myself stayed recently and I had fond memories of this place, many years ago when I visited to go on a fishing trip. Not much has changed, even the bedspreads!!! The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. I LOVE the location, we walked everywhere (Medrano Beach, Marina, Malls, etc.) That is a real plus. The other guests that I met were repeaters and some even stay for weeks or even months at a time. Restaurants everywhere and we ate at the surrounding ones, because there was an "incident" in Spencer's the first morning we were there. This is the one and only real complaint I have. I ordered Chilaquiles off the "especial" menu (or so I thought). The food was great and when the bill came I was charged double the advertised price, because I failed to mention I wanted the "especial chilaquiles" so I was charged the menu price. After much conversation, the restaurant staff refused to lower the price to the especial price, so we paid the bill and NEVER ate at Spencer's again. BE CAREFUL with this if you choose to eat at this rip off restaurant. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel anytime and am definitely planning to go back as soon as I can. There are plenty of places down at the Marina for breakfast and sitting outside by the boats is nicer anyway!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank SanDiegoNative54
mdcincabo, Manager, Reservations, Marketing, Public Relations at Hotel Mar de Cortez, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2010

We regret this unfortunate Spencer's experience. Spencer's has apologized for their mis-management of the situation and is eager to recreate a positive exerpeince for this guest with their goodwill offer They recently lowered their prices to accommodate the down economy and recognize the importance of providing quality service, great food and menu for happy guests. We hope this resolves this issue and thank you for your consideraton. Nat @ MDC Reservations

Reviewed 25 March 2010

I booked a room for a single night for two couples at Mar de Cortez. The booking process was simple. I called a US number and paid in advance by Credit Card. The pricing for a single room with two beds was $77 plus fees, a total of about $91.

When we arrived, Mar de Cortez was easy to find and only about a ten minute walk from the cruise dock area. It has a nice pool area, a bar, and a restaurant on site. The room was clean, but about as bare bones as you can get. No telephone, no television, but they did have free WiFi. One thing that my husband didn't like is that the deadbolt cannot be locked from the outside, so your room isn't super-secure when you're away. I needed to go get extra towels as they only had two in there, even though there were four of us, but we had a little patio that overlooked the pool. The beds were pretty hard, but for one night, it was a decent deal and clean. Another nice thing is it is about a half block from the back entrance to Cabo Wabo. That's handy!

I only ate chips & salsa from the restaurant, but they were great and the bar on site was nice. Also right out front is a 24 hour convenience shop which was handy for grabbing some bottled water.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank ladyjadegd
Reviewed 10 March 2010

When I have stayed in Cabo, I ONLY stay at the Mar de Cortez . The rooms are perfect for what I like about a trip. No phones, no tv , no hassles. Take a convenient , low cost shuttle from the airport or rent a car (they have safe parking in back of the hotel) check in and WALK to every thing that Cabo has to offer. I've just come back from my 14th year ! In these tough economic times like this; stay here . Enjoy !

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank relaxSanDiego
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Right in the heart of everything! Spencer's restaurant is on the property. Great food, decent prices. They have a lil bar right by the pool. Corona's for 2 bucks and they make a great pina colada. Great Pool. Great Price. Great hospitality. Rooms are big and clean. They are basic, no tv, no phone, but clean and nice beds. Cabo wabo cantina is within crawling distance, if you have too!
And the COST is AWESOME!!
Cant say enough about this place. Call and talk to NAT she is the greatest!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple