Siesta Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Hotel Mar de Cortez(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Los Milagros Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Hotel Marina(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Viva Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
Cabo Pedregal Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Hotel Melida(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe penthousesun deckcrazy lobsterno elevatorcabo wabosmall tvsalvatore's italian restaurantplace to sleepsliding glass doorwithin walking distancecentral cabosmall hotelmin walkfull size refrigeratorliving areaqueen bedthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2008

What a great, inexpensive hotel in the heart of Cabo San Lucas. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Within walking distance of all the Cabo hot spots. Highly recommend this hotel for folks who don't want to spend a lot of money on accommodations. Great find. We will return.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I had read many of the other reviews about this place and decided to try it out for ourselves. We were happy with our choice. We actually stayed there our first night in Mexico and then headed out on a road trip around the Baja and ended up staying at the Siesta two more nights at the end of our trip. The second time we were there we had a much better room. It was located on the bottom floor and was larger the the room we had on the 3rd floor. The staff was very friendly. There is a small "pool" to hang out in connected to the restaurant but we didn't mind because we had planned on doing other things around town. We walked around town and head out to Lovers Beach instead of spending time in our hotel. (We actually floated in blow up kayaks to Lovers beach...very fun way to get there.) I am not sure if the restaurant connected to the hotel is still there. We ate there the last night we were there and were very happy that we had done this...holy cow the food was great!!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank akamy
Reviewed 22 October 2008

My sister and I stayed at Siesta Suites for a few days before staying at a time share down the street and found it to be a great place to crash. The room was very large and clean. The staff were very helpful. It's in a great location and an easy walk to all activities. We did not walk to the beach, since we were staying at another resort later that was directly on the beach, but instead did all of the downtown things (shopping) and found it to be perfectly located. We also ate at the hotel one night and it was very good and the hotel is surrounded by several other great resturants. I would highly recommend this place. For the money it is a great find!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2008

Wow, I'm sorry that the previous post had such a bad experience here because I just don't think it's the norm. I agree that the pool isn't very functional due to being in the middle of the restaurant, but it is a nice place to sit with your feet in the water while sipping a drink.
The construction is done so there was NO issue with noise outside the hotel, or the internet not working. Our room was quite clean and and very well cooled by the A/C (and it was over 90 degrees every day we were there except one). Our fridge worked just fine, we kept eggs, lunchmeat and cheese and cold beverages in there with no problems.
I loved the deck on the second floor over the office area. Very nice to lounge there one day that we didn't feel like going to the beach.
I loved the location! Close to the party bars if that's what you like, close to the marina with tons of shops and restaurants, close to little local shops with plenty of souvenirs and with Salvatore's on site, plus The Crazy Lobster down the street, how can you go wrong?
The nicest thing I think though, was the staff. The owners are right there on site during the day to assist you or just chat. The manager and all the desk help were very friendly and accomodating. We were concerned about Hurricane Norbert coming in on the day we were moving from another hotel to Siesta, but the manager assured us that our rate was refundable if necessary, or could be used another time. We opted to stay and ride it out (it didn't turn out to be much of a storm) but the staff kept the radar pictures and weather websites up on the computers so we could check the progress. We actually decided to stay an extra day at the end.
I would recommend Siesta Suites to my friends because I know they would have a good experience here as I did.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2008

Based on the relatively high ranking on Trip Advisor, I booked this hotel for a recent stay. Our time there was a mixed bag. Allow me to elaborate.

PRO: We arrived early, around noon, and they let us check in immediately. The manager and his wife (?) were very friendly. A boy (manager's son?) carried our bags to the room. We later met the owner, Alex, and everyone seemed to be very nice and helpful, even helping to book some tours while we were there. The best part of the hotel are the people who run it.
CON: I had been informed that there was construction earlier in the year; however, we arrived to find that there was major rennovation going on presently to the front of the building. Workers were there by 8am every morning, making noise. Because of the construction, the promised Internet was not available, so we had to walk about 3-4 blocks each day just to check email.

PRO: The hotel is centrally located, within walking distance of many of the major tourist spots, restaurants, the harbor, etc.
CON: However, it is a considerable walk to the beach. It takes a solid 20 minutes even if you know exactly where you are going. On our first trip, we did not know all of the little twists, turns, and shortcuts to take, so it took nearly an hours navigating through the hot and often dirty streets.

PRO: The room was a decent size, including small bedroom, kitchenette, sitting area, and small bathroom.
CON: The place did not feel clean at all. The first thing I noticed was that someone had left fingernail and toenail clippings on the endtable next to the bed, and the maid had somehow not seen them for cleaning. This undermined my confidence about how well the less noticible things were cleaned, so we didn't even used the maid service the whole time we were there. The kitchenette included some plates and sliverware, but I question how thoroughly they were cleaned. Moreover, the room was hot, even with the A/C. The A/C was in the bedroom area, so it was practically useless for the kitchen or sitting area, and it took nearly a full day for the room to cool down enough to be comfortable. The wall unit was so loud that it made sleeping difficult, but at least it did drown out all the city noise (including, inexplicably) the sound of roosters crowing at all times of the day and night.

PRO: There was a TV with cable and a refrigerator.
CON: Out of several dozen TV channels, only 2 or 3 were in English (BBC News, CNN, possibly one other). The frige was nearly worthless. The temperature contol knob was broken off and could not be turned at all, rusted in place. The refrigerator itself was not cold at all, just barely above room temperature. The small freezer section did work, though barely. So, when we wanted to keep something cold (meat, for example), we had to put it in the freezer, which did eventually make it frozen after a day or two.

PRO: A very good Italian restaurant, Salvatore's, was adjoining the hotel, so it made for a very convenient dinner, and it made the hotel smell nice in the evenings.
CON: Because of restaurant, the hotel's pool, which was located right in the middle of it, was neither large nor private. The pool was so tiny and shallow that it wasn't worth mentioning in the hotel's promo. And, if you get in the pool, you are literally 2 feet away from the tables in the restaurant. Consequently, the pool is just wasted space; they would be better off just adding space to the restaurant. I noticed that not a single hotel guest used the pool the whole time we were there.

One more point: outside the main office is a refrigerator where they keep a variety of cold bottled beverages (mainly water and Coke). I would recommend buying drinks here each day before leaving the hotel because they are some of the cheapest in the city (especially if you buy the larger sizes; e.g., a 1 gallon bottle of water is $2; and the 1.5 liter bottle of water or Coke is $1.50). If you are going for a long, hot walk through the city, the 1.5 liter bottle can be a lifesaver, and it is much cheaper than in most stores frequented by tourists, which often charge the same price for a bottle one-third the size.

All in all, Siesta Suites is one of the cheapest hotel options in Cabo. We got our rooms for only about $75 per night. Of course, in this case, you tend to get what you pay for. If you are on a tight budget and don't care about the noise, lack of cleanliness, lack of a pool, and long walk to the beach, at least you are close to some good restaurants and are in the heart of the city. All in all, I would rate it around a 2.5. Since I can't leave a rating with a half-point, though, I'm going to round down to 2 since it appears many others have tended to round up.

• Stayed: August 2008