I stayed at Siesta Suites about a year ago for 4 nights and was absolutely charmed by it. It has fun and funky decorations and has an atmosphere that is very down to earth and unpretentious.
The owner of the place is very friendly and welcoming and we really appreciated his special guide to Cabo. It listed restaurants off the beaten path for great prices and other locations that were void of the typical tourist traps.
We found that our room was very clean and spacious, one bedroom, bathroom, a couch area and a kitchen with dining area. It completely served our purposes in that we were looking for some place cheap that was safe, clean and away from all the big resorts. Yes the beds are hard but thats Mexico people!
We never ate at the resturaunt but it always smelled soooo good and there were people there every evening. The noise may keep others up at night but as long as you go to bed after 10 it really wouldn't be a problem. I highly recommend you try the Crazy Lobster just up the street, crazy cheap prices for authentic mexican seafood.
As for location there are some major pluses and minuses. We loved that it was off the beaten path, near tons and tons of restaurants and very close to the marina. However if you want to hang out at the main beach most of your time you will find that the walk will grow very tiresome after walking it every day sometimes more than once. Took us about 25+ min each way and we are fit people. Since there was no "real" pool it was a big downside that it took so long to get to the main beach area.
If you are looking for a hotel that has just the basics but lots of charm, Siesta Suites is a wonderful place to stay. We loved that it was off the beaten path, and something different than going to a mega resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The managers keep a close eye on this four story hotel—a calm refuge two blocks from the marina—and dispense great insider advice to visitors. The kitchenettes come with full-size refrigerators, a queen size bed, and living rooms with wide padded couches, the standard rooms come with 2 queen beds so if necessary, there's room to sleep quite a crew. Included are Wi-Fi, cable TV, and morning coffee in the lobby. Rooms have front side balconies and there's a sundeck on every floor. If your budget allows, opt for the PH Suite with an incredible view. Salvatore's Restaurant, an Italian eatery, is situated next door; it's widely acclaimed by resident gringos in the know. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Siesta Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Siesta Suites Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico