“Greatest Resort In Cabo!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa

Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Greatest Resort In Cabo!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

This trip was a special one for my family we had 3 rooms and it was a pleasure to stay at Marina Fiesta. The staff was friendly and they catered to our every whim. The rooms where very clean and when we asked for extra pillows after they housekeeper came to bring them the manager called to see if there was anything else they could do, wow talk about great service. The pool was really nice with excellent service and great drinks and snacks. The best part was the location we walked to everything and must have saved hundreds of dollars on taxi's. This place has it all great spa with good prices. Marina Fiesta is by far the BEST in Cabo

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank NathanBrewer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

We come down a few times each year. The perfect location. No hassling with cabs. Not too expen$ive. Clean. Nice people working there who genuinely appreciate our business.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank johnnyd1982
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

It's been several months since our stay at Marina Fiesta, however, the residual effects from our nightmare stay there has prompted me to finally log it into a review so you guys don't waste your money.

This place is a timeshare nightmare. They think they are so swift, can't take NO for an answer and every single time you even pass the front lobby, it starts all over again. These people saw our faces day after day, we were there for 7 days total. Yet, each and every single time we had to pass through the lobby, they would chase you down and harass with their timeshare lines. It was horrible. Literally got to the point where you never wanted to leave your room just because you knew you'd have another run in with their staff. And once you decline and they do finally get the point that you're not interested, they treat you like crap because they know they can no longer sell their gimmick. It's horrible. But even that part I can kinda overlook, it was the hotel in general. The staff is rude, clueless and very good at ignoring your requests. We had 2 rooms joined together as a suite, the moment we entered....it smelled like 'wet fungus mops'. It was disgusting. Take a few more steps and your flip flops start sticking and squeaking because the grime on the hard floors is so thick. The bathrooms straight smelled like sewer pipes. We got settled in and then quickly realized that the tv's get static reception, there aren't any normal channels and don't count on there being a dvd player either. The tv's were HUGE box styled tvs from the 90's. It was ridiculous, we didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

First night, I woke up to use the restroom and hit the light switch to find a GI-NORMOUS cockroach flipped over on it's back right by my foot. Thank god I was wearing flip flops. I freaked out and screamed, my husband killed it and I literally couldn't fall back asleep. The presence of cockroaches only means one thing......dirtiness and more cockroaches. My dad and husband persuaded me that it was probably just one cockroach so I tried to forget about it but the next day found 2 more cockroaches in the kitchen. Enough was enough, we called the lobby and they tried the line "We are fully booked and don't have anything else availabe at this time". BS, this was actually the slowest downtime of the year for the resort and hardly anyone else staying at the location. They did have alot of renovations going on at the time, they were working on the opposite side of the hotel and upgrading all rooms. We asked for an upgraded room and was told that we'd have to add on $500 more. While all that was going on, I walked into the restroom and literally heard something swifting and crawling in the tub.....pushed aside the curtains and sure enough, 2 more cockroaches of olympic proportions in size. My heart fell into my stomach and that's when I knew I could not stay another minute in that room. After hours of my husband complaining....thank god he's hispanic and spoke the language. I think they finally gave in because they knew he wasn't budging. We were relocated to the back side of the hotel and had a suite even bigger than what we originally had for no additonal costs.

What we did differently in this room was we used masking tape and covered all the floor vents and plugged all sinks and closed all toilet lids at all times. The cockroaches come up through the pipes and vents. This was the only thing that saved us for the duration of our stay. I will NEVER stay at this place again. There are so many resorts in Cabo and although the hotel had an ideal location, the experience was not worth it. Don't stay at this resort unless you enjoy the timeshare harrassment and unless you love cockroaches.

OH.....and the pool, unless you love a layer of grime sitting on top of the pool water, don't even think about getting in. It's disgusting. You can see the slime on the sides of the pool tiling, I just about lost my stomach everytime I walked by the pool. If you absolutely need to take a dip because of the heat, use the pool in the back that noone even uses because it's hidden. That one is alot cleaner and more peaceful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank mrios11
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 May 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, this will help us to identify issues to be better.

Thank you.

Marina Fiesta Resort and Spa
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Just returned from Cabo and had a fabulous time. I traveled to Cabo several times in the past 10 years, but never stayed at the Marina Fiesta. Feeling comfortable with the location (Cabo), I booked the Marina; however, after reading several reviews on this hotel the feedback made me quite apprehensive. Initially, I wanted to change my reservation, but decided to let it be because this was Cabo, and how bad could it be? WELL I am soooooooo glad I DID NOT change my reservations...IT WAS TERRIFIC!!!! My daughter, who is soon to be 19 years old, quickly found others her age and had an awesome time from the word go. Yes, the partying could flow to extreme for her age group, but, I had a good time too, and was able to stay close enough to keep things under control without standing out.

For many who may have read negative reviews, let me share that the Marina Fiesta is a much better resort than reflected in the reviews. First, know why you are going......if you are looking for a luxury, 5 star resort with nonstop pampering and exclusion from the rest of the world, then this is not it the place for you. This resort is in an ideal location, well maintained, and has sufficient amenities (pool, Spa, restaurants, etc...) to satisfy the discerning, but not overly critical traveler. If you want to be close to everything, in a safe surrounding and still have that resort feel, this is the place for you. The rooms are spacious, the beds were comfortable, and the kitchen allowed for light breakfast and fresh coffee everyday (a must)!!!!. The resort has two pool areas and a private solarium that allows you to find the right spot for your needs.( I never used the Spa services.) As you sit on your balcony, you have the opportunity to survey the beauty of the Marina, and watch the boats sail. When you want a change of scenery, simply stroll from your room onto the Marina and you will have the option of exploring the "Luxury Avenue Mall" as well as, the more reasonably priced shops within. Looking for dining options, choose to go left or right and you will find numerous places to eat, all bidding for your business. Walk off the Marina and you are in the heart of downtown with more dining and shopping options. By day, the vendors are as expected; working hard to get your business, by night, the energy shifts, and the party is literally steps from your door. When we could not decide, the staff was helpful and gave us pointers for activities to do day or night, in particular the bellman -can't say enough about Pedro, Xavier, and Jorge - coming or going we were always greeted with a smile.

Overall, our stay at the Marina Fiesta was fabulous and they deserve more credit than received. Nothing is perfect, but as suggested, know why you are going and be clear on the things you want for your vacation. If you are traveling with semi- outgoing children, 16 years and older, they will not be bored if you choose to stay at MF, as everything is at your doorsteps. If they like to dance, there is Squid Roe, Cabo Wabo and the Giggling Marlin, all within minutes. Love to shop, you have the option to sharpen your haggling skills or pull out the charge card and go for Cartier.

My daughter and I had a ball, we danced, she danced, and we made great memories!!! Our next vacation will be more subdued and lean more toward pampering, but for this trip......it was about the music, food, and interaction with NO STRESS

Room Tip: room with a full view and renovated
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank SerenityNY
Zebulon, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

What I liked best...some of the most delicious food I've eaten anywhere, excellent service, no humidity!!
What I liked least...there really wasn't anything I didn't like, but I guess it's the locals begging for your business.
My husband and I spent the last week of April at the Marina Fiesta for our 30th wedding anniversary. I had read some negative reviews and was a little worried about the noise level at night. But we never heard any noise from the marina. We stayed on the fourth floor in a studio overlooking the pool. The partial kitchen was much better equipped than I was expecting. I had brought our own silverware but discovered a drawer of silver the day we left!! The bed was very comfortable and the towels were nice and thick.There was daily maid service. Daniel checked us in and was friendly and professional. Other reviews criticized the staff, but we never had a bad experience with any employee. The balcony is fantastic and I began each morning meditating and sipping coffee listening to the birds.
Places you MUST see while in Cabo...do Captain Bob's cruise. We could see his 53 ft. sailboat from our room. He has a great website, day sail cabo. Great sunset cruise with five whale sightings! Panchos was a great restaurant and Eduardo was an awesome bartender. We ate there twice. La Dolce is right up the street from Panchos and is a great Italian restaurant. We also had a great salad with walnuts and goat cheese. We ate dinner there twice. Cabo Wabo was also fun and we enjoyed the Cabo waborita, delicious! We also went out to snorkle at Pelican Beach but never made it over to Chileno Beach or Playa Santa Maria. The Office is a must and Thursday nights is Mexican Fiesta night. Great food and my husband entered a contest and won a fifth of Jose Cuervo Gold tequila! We wish we had discovered Baja Lobster sooner. It's a Marina Fiesta restaurant and we had the best ceasar salad EVER! Yes, in Mexico!!
Mexico is getting a lot of bad publicity at the moment so tourism is way down. Yes, you will be hounded everywhere you go for your business. And the children will ask you to buy their chicle and toys. But keep in mind these folks are just trying to make a living and a polite "No, gracias" usually is sufficient. You'll love walking around the marina and the Marina Fiesta is the BEST place to stay as everything is happening right around the marina. We walked at least three miles daily, but since there is no humidity, it was pleasant. Cabo is in the desert and it only rains 10 days a year. We talked about the weather daily as we live in the hot, humid south and we just couldn't get over how fantastic it was. I have traveled all over Mexico and for me Cabo is my favorite place yet. So much so that we ended up buying a timeshare at Villa del Arco. BUT, we were tricked at the airport by a man who said he was with Trans Cabo (I booked our taxi online before we left). He wasn't but we were offered so many freebies, we agreed to go to a presentation the next morning. We ended up buying but later found out the sales rep AND the manager told us many, many lies about what we were buying. SO, the Villas are beautiful but you can just book through TripAdvisor and stay without having to pay a maintenance fee PLUS the expense of buying the week. Save yourself from our mistake and do not get suckered into any timeshare presentations unless you really want to buy. We're embarrassed that we fell for the untruths but since we fell in love more and more each day, we're just going to enjoy the timeshare and never never go to another presentation!! My husband and son are returning in October to fish for blue marlin and are staying at the Marina Fiesta. I do all my vacation planning by reading reviews on TripAdvisor. Trust me, you will LOVE Marina Fiesta AND Cabo San Lucas!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank mls_479
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

My BFF and I stayed her for 4 days over Memorial day weekend. It was kind of a last minute trip and we wanted to stay in the marina so we could walk to everything...so we chose the Marina Fiesta. I'll start by saying, we've been coming to Cabo for 13 years, as long as we have been friends actually. We have stayed everywhere from the Melia Cabo Real, Westin, Pueblo Bonita Pacifica to the Las Ventanas. So I have experienced all types and star rated hotels. I would give this a solid 3.5. (which wasn't a choice above so I gave it a 4) It was actually a very nice property, all things considered. If not for the horrible food, maybe It could be rated higher.

We stayed in a Nautical room, which was one of the newly remodeled ones. It was pretty nice and spacious and we had a great view of the marina which allowed for watching wonderful sunsets. ( the actual patio/balcony was very large) There was a little kitchen, and a mini-fridge stocked with sodas and beers. The bathroom was on the small side, but no big deal. Everything was VERY clean and that is way more important! This was mainly a relaxing trip, and my first away from my 15 month old son, so we didn't really do the whole bar/club scene. But if you are in to that, everything is just SO close to the hotel, it really makes it worth it.
Check in went really well...although like others have mentioned we were asked about a time share at the sister property Hacienda Encantada, but we simply told them NO and that was the last it was mentioned.
The service throughout the hotel was really great. From the front desk, to the pool bar to the servers, everyone really went out of their way to make us happy and get what we wanted. The bar drinks were decent as well, though I mostly stuck to mimosas.
I know some others had complained about the pool being dirty, however this was NOT the case when we were there. It was spotless and not too warm or too cold. The loungers in the pool were perfect for just laying out and enjoying the sun.
We didn't use many other amenities, but the spa seemed fine and had I stayed longer would definitely have enjoyed it.
The ONLY real complaint was the food (well maybe the red wine as well)....but the food was just pretty bad. We tried several different things at the actual hotel and were disappointed. So since we did the "golden all inclusive" which gives you other dining options in the "golden zone" we tried our luck there. It was pretty hit or miss except "Presto", which we ended up eating at like 4 times. Everything there was awesome! The Pizza, salads, and wine selection. We also ventured over to Lorenzillos for lobster, which I highly recommend.
To the hotel's credit, I must mention that on their menus it states that if you are not happy with your food, they will happily take it back and get you something else. So at least they acknowledge there is an issue and are working on it.
All in all, I was happy with our stay. This wasn't a trip where I looking to be pampered or dining in opulence, so for what it was...We LIKED it.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a better then average hotel, right in the heart of Cabo. If you have any other questions, feel free to email me at
Suebeeroyalty@yahoo.com

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank suemas
Lebanon, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

If you want to stay where all the action is, stay at the Marina Fiesta. Go out a gate and you are on the marina, with tons of restaurants and shops. When we go back, this will the place we will be staying.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple