“Love Cabo!”

Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Toronto, Canada
“Love Cabo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Spent 7 nights at Marina Fiesta and took advantage of the all-inclusive option. It was a great deal.
We vacationed with 2 other couples. Two of us had newly renovated rooms on the 3rd floor overlooking pool and marina. Very nice, comfortable and clean. Third couple were on the 6th floor with beautiful view of marina, but their room was a little more dated. Still nice though!
No complaints about food or service, other than serivce maybe a bit slow at times. I guess a "Mexican minute" is a little longer than we're accustomed to? Read some complaining about having to sign for everything. We didn't find it that bothersome? I'd rather do that, than figure out right amount of cash/pesos each time. (Money tip: have lots of small bills - wherever you shop, if you pay in US $, change is given back in pesos. Learned it's a government regulation)
Marina Fiesta is a great location to see and experience Cabo San Lucas. Easy walking to beach, shopping, restaurants, and night life. We did have a rental van for driving to golf courses, but think we could've gotten by without it? (The whole car rental experience leaves you feeling like you've been violated and robbed!)
We did not have any problems with time-share salespeople. We were approached, but said "no thanks" and that was the end of it. Vendors on the street and the beach are quite agressive but they're just trying to make a living and all you have to do is say "no thanks".
Overall was a great trip! This was our second time staying at Marina Fiesta, and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't insist on a King Size bed. You won't be so limited.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank kbmiller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We booked this hotel based on all of the outstanding TA reviews and overlooked the bad ones. Mistake! BIG Mistake!  This company oversold the hotel and did not notify us prior to arrival.  Then management placed us at the Wyndham for a higher rate on the other side of the Marina as an alternative.  The Wyndham is NOT All-inclusive but the stoic and unsympathetic manager offered to pay for our breakfast and a taxi to the Wyndham.  After going back and forth with the manager for 3 hours, we found another couple who paid in full in advance who they put at the Seven Crown hotel.  They got to use the all-inclusive plan because they paid in full prior to arrival but who wants something they didn’t pay for?  I’m sure we were not the only ones.

The bright side of this story is that the Wyndham is FABULOUS!  It was not a luxury 5-star hotel but its placement on the Marina is a gem and it’s near all of the tours.

If you book this hotel, you better call and verify your reservation before arrival.  I emailed and never got a response. Thanks Miguel for not answering my email or answering the phone when we got to the resort.  Don’t bother.

• Stayed February 2012
7 Thank TiffanyLovesTravel
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Mrs. we are so sorry what happened, we are already working in this situation so it wont happen again.
Cumming, Ga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My daughter, who lives in Cabo San Lucas drove us to the resort, and because she is fluent in Spanish, came in to help us out. Seeing her at the airport was one of the highlights of our trip.
Upon entering the beautiful lobby of the resort piano music filled the atmosphere, smiling faces welcomed us, ready to lead us through the double doors to the desk clerk. I was so excited to be in Mexico for the first time and the Hotel appearance let me know I had not made a mistake in booking this resort. Appearances can be deceptive. I would like to say at this time, if you have made a reservation here, it would be worth your time and money to cancel and stay somewhere else. I know it looks pretty on the outside, but I promise this is not the place to stay. Ask former employees. Please I hate negative reviews, but I believe you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.
Upon check in we were informed that since we were all inclusive we would have to wear a wrist bracelet. 05314-my name is 05314-my room number is 318-Of course tho the HOtel should keep track of those who have paid in advance for their FOOD. That way they know who needs to pay at the time of the meal. I have NO PROBLEM with that at all. NONE.
We were just about ready, when my daughter said I will help you guys with your luggage and then we will go out to eat. (the crazy lobster, one of her fav places and not related to Marina Fiesta) I will review Crazy Lobster great place. The young man at the desk said you cannot go to their room. Excuse me...it will cost $75 a day. Because it is all inclusive. What? We asked to speak to the manager...of course he would not show up, nor would we ever speak to the Manager during our entire stay from 02/26/2012-03/03/2012. HE WOULD NOT SPEAK with us. Consider seeing your daughter or son and not being allowed to let them come to your room. My daughter works for a fishing boat rental place and is the office manager. I was appalled that this resort had no more respect for the local businesses than to snub those who would send them business..R U Crazee. Anyone with any business sense would know If I have a daughter who makes her home there, I will probably be coming back. DUH? Who cares they already have my money, $75 a piece a day for all inclusive...keep that in mind...that is what we paid to eat..You will need to uderstand you don't get a box to go...even tho you have paid for the food up front. Is this stealing?
Lets Get to the room. View was great, bed comfy, wood looked worn, microwave in spanish, please ask someone how to make it work. The In room bar consisted of two beers, two bottles of water, one diet coke and one regular coke. There were two beers with labels, you will be charged if you drink these...LOL LOL LOL really? The only reason I gave this place a two rating is because I could stand the room.
The LaPalapa which is on the grounds, we only ate at once and that was on Wednesday for Lunch. The menu said High quality beef, for the hamburger..hmmm...been eating barritos, tacos, a burger would be great. We also ordered Two Pina Colada's. 30 minutes later the Pina colada's came...service was horrible at the restaurant. But...the Hamburger Meat Was ROTTEN. Let me say that again ROTTEN. Dear Lord people, I paid 75 a day for food and you have the audacity to serve me this . But because I had such a bad experience trying to let my daughter come visit through the proper channels, the rotten meat was not the icing on the cake.
Another Restaurant associated with the property and the "all inclusive" Jacks bar and grille. Keep in mind, we had our daughter with us at every meal and we paid for her meals.."all of them" we never tried to cheat anyone, or break any rules.
At Jacks I ordered a steak medium well...no bleed please. My daughter translated in Spanish. My steak was nearly raw. I tell you no lie. My son in law is a graduate from chef school,I figure okay, I will let him cook this for me after he gets off from work. I will get a box. I asked for a box, the waiter went to get one, then he came back and said he could not get me one because it is all inclusive. SHUT UP! I paid $75 (American dollars a day for food and I can't have a box) People I lost it! Completely and Totally. I picked up the steak, ripped it in two looked at the server and said, I want a box because this is raw...I ripped it in half with my hands, and said if you would have bothered to come and ask is everything alright I would have told you, but no...about that time my daughter began to explain all the torment we had been through and the way we have been treated. I started crying she was crying, and that is when my husband said bring the check. Then the waiter "bless his heart" in trying to make things right suggested we put our daughters meal on our ticket and we don't have to pay. My husband is a righteous man..he said that is theivery. You want to make the hotel pay for something that is not theirs to pay, We all signed our tickets, we paid for our daughters and my husband said take this check and cram it. Everyone in the place was silent. For real. At this point I would like to say the Bartender at Jack's did try to help us, he understood what we had been through, and in his own way was trying to sympathize. We just wanted to get out of there.
The only restaurant associated with the hotel that was really good was Presto Italian . Please see Roberto. Please give him a hug and tell him we sent you. You will not be sorry.
At the end of the day, our daughter though trying several times unsuccessfully to speak with management, was never afforded the opportunity. I understand from many on the Marina that this Resort has gone down hill, and that many have given up their time share as a result. Please, there are so many places to stay. After Wednesday we never ate anywhere associated with the Resort, and we found the food on the Marina quite tasty at Mango Cantina. The Security Guard for the Marina Fiesta Daniel, was very nice and could not believe that we were not able to bring our daughter further than the lobby.
Just for clarification, my Daughter and her Husband have a real nice condo, on the third floor, but one has to walk up. I have arthritis in my knees and climbing is very painful, this is why we did not go to her place on a regular basis. IT is also a one bedroom, which is why we stayed on the Marina, 3 minutes walking from hotel to her work.
Thanks to the Mexican People who were nice to us, even the condo time share sellers, were sympathetic to our cause. They were a hoot. A shout out to all you who took the time to ask us how are things today. A hotel that is not family oriented, whose Manager cannot listen and explain to his customers the why's and wherefores. By the way...I would like my money back. None of the food was worth eating, and I feel like you feel I owed you for staying there. NO YOU OWED ME. So this is your reward. Please folks, The Wyndham is on the Marina, Red Rum has condo's, there are hotels everywhere. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy beautiful Sea of Cortez. Now for some good reviews, for Red Rum, CABO MAR Dinner Cruise, The Pirate Ship (BUCCANEER QUEEN, the Crazy Lobster. Wow Yes we still managed to rise above the Marina Fiesta and have some fun. Oh and please check out the Caliente Casino...great fun. ........
One more thing...to the Manager of this Hotel, I would have spoken these words to your face and gone into more detail, but you never bothered. I won't be back, and I will be sure and let all my friends know how disgusted I am with your lack of business savvy, or commuication with paying guests. You and your puppets need to be replaced. PLEASE!

Room Tip: Our Room Overlooked the pool and Marina. Noise from pool cleaners around 7am. But we were up at that...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Pezz4Israel
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your experience during your recent stay. Your comments are very important to us. We will look further into this matter.

Kind regards,
Smithtown, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We just got back from Marina Fiesta on Sunday and cannot wait to go back. The location was perfect....you are in walking distance to everything (beach, mall, casino, bars, nightlife, etc.) Everyone who worked there went above and beyond for us and could not have been any better! But Carlos & Carlos at the pool bar were our favorite! They made great drinks, were so friendly, and their service was impeccable. We were also able to upgrade our room after our first night, but both rooms we had were very clean. We loved the restaurant options, but particularly loved the tequila museum for lunch and then either the sushi restaurant or the italian restaurant for dinner. We met a lot of great people while we were there and overall had a great experience : )

Room Tip: Upgrade your room if you can!
2 Thank ami1129
Pearland, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We have been staying at this resort for 15 years. The property is not new and not at all fancy, but the location is excellent. Easy walking distance to Medano Beach, shops, mall, restaurants, and Marina. Great improvements have been made since many of the rooms have been renovated. Cleaning of the floors in the rooms needs improvement. Checking in always seems to be a hassle for some reason. The pool and palapa are well maintained and beautiful. Most of the staff is helpful, especially the Bellmen. They all provided excellent, professional, and courteous service. We were not informed that cash was no longer accepted at the bar and restaurant (trying to convert to all-inclusive). This was a real mess because our guests all brought cash. We should have been informed in advance.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 May 2016

We apreciate your comments, Thank you

Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This was our 12th trip to Mexico and this was our most disappointing stay yet. We e-mailed this hotel a few times in advance of our visit and never got a response. We called and asked for a king bed in a renovated room with a view of the pool or marina. We were told that "our requests would be considered." Check in took way longer than needed. Before we even made it to the front desk, we were apprehended by a time share person. After checking in and going back to the lobby, she hit on us again. My wife had to get somewhat rude and basically tell her that no meant no. Despite that, she called our room several times and we learned to avoid her in the lobby. I think she finally got the message.

Pedro, our bell man, was great. In fact, he was the only person during our stay who asked how everything was.

The room overall was a disappointment. It was on an upper floor with very nice views. And, it was a corner room so that it had a large balcony. The room was large as well but had two beds instead of a king. At check in, we were told that the only king beds were on the front side of the hotel with no views. We saw king beds just down the hall from us. We did not get a renovated room- the room we were given- which we paid an additional fee for through Orbitz was supposed to be a Luxury Suite... .Not. the room was worn out.And, not really clean. Clean on the surface but the grout in the bathroom was black with dirt and grime.And, the room had no safe so we had to use a safe deposit box at the front desk. The employees acted like we were bothering them the three times that we used it- once to put our stuff in it, once to get some stuff out then at checkout. Daniel at the front desk was out and out rude- and dishonest.

We supposedly had all inclusive- what a joke. Like bourbon? Don't get AI here- there is no bourbon. the whiskey selection is two cut rate brands of scotch.One night after dinner, we went to the lobby bar thinking we would have a bit of Kahlua- sorry, no liqueurs included. no mimosas, no.no .no.

Of the restaurants included, presto was a surprise. great pasta, pizza etc. Roberto & Carlos there are wonderful, maybe the highlight of our trip. Imomo, a sushi/Asian restaurant was also good and Leo there was great.We had breakfast at Jacks and it was really, really bad. I mean terrible. How can you not make edible Huevos rancheros in Mexico? We could not go to Deseo's, the Mexican restaurant. Right next door was the Tequila Museo which shared the SAME kitchen but had no atmosphere at all. And, the bistro tables were too small to eat at. We did none of the theme nights, the breakfast buffet was decent but repetitive after eight days- same stuff every day except three of the days there was no bacon. And I got a chuckle out of them calling cocktail wieners sausage. And the sliced lunch meat they called ham was a special touch.Service at breakfast was a joke. Five different people would interrupt you to get your room number so they could print a bill- one for each person- but try to get a cup of coffee or a Buenos dias- Fuhgettaboutit...And, yes, we tip- but I stopped tipping at breakfast. There was a coffee maker in the room but no coffee. We bought coffee. And you had to get up early to play the towel game. One morning, I thought I would take a couple of pastries from the buffet to have with coffee in the room. I was accosted by a surly waiter who stopped just short of accusing me of stealing!Also, it was cold when we were in Cabo but, there are no blankets or heaters at the only hotel restaurant which is outside. The day we had breakfast at Jack's my wife had hot chocolate. When she asked at the hotel buffet- no.no.no.

Be prepared to sign your name,print your name, your room # and your bracelet number over and over and over... 2995- if I live another 50 years I will remember my bracelet number at Marina Fiesta.

The bartenders and wait staff at the pool were really slowed down by this whole system. They tried hard but were overwhelmed by paperwork. On a couple of occasions around the pool we were awakened from naps to sign bills because of a shift change.Carlos & Carlos at the pool bar are great as are Big Carlos and "Carlos Manuel" who are waiters at the pool.

Back to Daniel- after a few days, I thought I should check our bill to make sure there were no extra charges on our account- there was. At one of the restaurants, they served Indio cerveza. I was told by our server that it was included... Wrong! So, Daniel told me he took the $17.50 off our bill. Corona, Dos Equis, Sol, Pacifico, Tecate included but not Indio.

The night before checkout, I checked our bill again- The charge was still there. i was told it was due to a glitch in the computer system. But, when we got our bill it was still there. At checkout, Daniel told me I owed $ 17.50. Things got a bit testy before he removed the charge- and i had to sign a bunch of paperwork and my bracelet # one last time before we left.

Luis, the supposed concierge was a joke. Sorry to have bothered you bud, and I really wish I had not tipped you- getting info from you was like pulling teeth. Pedro and the guys around the pool were much more helpful.

Also, we tipped the maids daily along with the person who stocked the mini- bar- 4 waters and 4 beers daily. (Even though it was part of the "Partial Inclusive" there were labels on everything saying you would be charged if removed from the fridge... One day before our room was cleaned, the bar had been restocked and the money in the fridge AND the maid's tip was gone... I explained this to the maid and she was very upset. We didn't see that beverage guy around after that...

And, the day before we were supposed to leave, our keys quit working. You cannot get into the hotel from the marina without a key so we had to wait 10 minutes before someone else was going back in. At the front desk, no apology just that ever present feeling that we were bothering them...

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. The only reason I give it two stars is because of some truly great people who worked there, the nice pool and the location. It seemed that management was nowhere to be seen and I got the feeling that with the exception of a few wonderful employees, no one really cared. Overall not a good experience. We are not picky folks- read my reviews of other hotels we have stayed at in Mexico- this one was that bad.Much better choices in Cabo- we will go back to the Melia next time...

Room Tip: Get a renovated room if you choose to stay here...
6 Thank mazdreams
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 May 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are working hard to offer the best experince and we hope you give us the chance to show it to you.

Thank you.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We spent a week at FM in Feb and found that the resort had pros and cons. The PROS- location, this was the selling feature and by and far the best pro. Other pros, the back pool was sheltered from the wind, quiet and for most days warm. The hot tubs on the 5th floor was a great find and while some strategic checking required in the morning to ensure they were plugged in, worth the effort for the afternoon and early evening. The all inclusive restaurants were good, Jacks for breakfast, Tequila's has great nachos for snacks and the italian had great brusetta and pizza. We had an upgraded room, although we had to forgo a king size bed to secure. The room was clean and nicely done. Maid service was good. CONS- We were accosted by time share sales almost at every step and often in the lobby!!! They were offended when we were not interested and for the first 48 hours ruthless. While the food was good, there was seldom a meal served without a cracked plate, glass, cup or one morning in plastic (not enough availble?). One day I forgot to leave a maid tip and we later found our screen door open, and as our neighbours balcony was connected to ours may have been a problem. We also noted our towels decreased from 4 bath size to 2 on day three or four.

Overall we got what we paid and nothing more. It was an average resort.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, not too bad. Balcony had zero privacy and neighbours VERY close.

We apreciate your comments, Thank you