Just returned from a 6 night stay with my husband at the Marina Fiesta. Overall we had a great time and enjoyed the hotel. We would stay here again. There were pros and cons to the resort but overall the pros outweigh the cons.
We booked an all-inclusive room through travelocity and were were told we would have a view of the pool or marina. When we arrived we were given room 148 which had a view of an empty lot. The room was clean and nice (also very loud) but not what we paid for. We spoke with Alfredo the manager and were told the hotel was booked today but we could change room the following day. We went to the front desk in the morning and were able to switch rooms by 2 pm. In the meantime they stored our luggage for us. We were given room 218 which had a smaller bed but a better view, we were very happy and Alfredo was very helpful. The rooms were very clean and well-maintained. They are a little dated but that has never been a big deal us we, we don't spend a lot of time in the room. The in room mini-bar was part of the all-inclusive which was a nice added bonus.
The all-inclusive was great deal. Service was very slow but the food was good at the hotel and great outside of the hotel. The italian restaurant was our favorite. It was not difficult for us to get reservations for dinner although we could see that this could be tough for larger parties. We did not mind signing the check each time out at the restaurants but found it very cumbersone while in the hotel. We have to wear a bracelet, why sign for your food/drinks in the hotel? You do have to write you bracelet number on each check or it would end up on your bill. Also it was interesting that even though my husband and I were together, we both had to sign a check everytime we ordered something. A recommendation to the hotel would be to limit the paperwork, especially within the hotel.
The pool was beautiful. By 9 am 90% of the chairs by the pool would have towels on them "reserving them" and some people would not come back to the chairs until late in the afternoon. The hotel information says they discourage this but nothing was done about it by hotel employees. If you wanted a spot at the pool you also needed to get up early and "reserve" a chair. We thought this was quite unfair and most chairs went unused for a good portion of the day. Service at the pool bar was very slow. Employees will walk around to take your order but it would sometimes be over an hour before they would come by again so that you could have another drink/get your check. Nevertheless we went to the pool every day and enjoyed our selves.
We were not bothered by anyone wanting to sell us a timeshare. We explained up front that we were uninterested and the staff was understanding. They even helped us book some of our activities. The time share presentation was not brought up to us again and they even went out of there way to check in with us to see if we had a good time on our dinner cruise.
The beach is short walk away. We spend less time at the beach (spring break crowd) then at the pool but enjoyed how close it was. The best part of the hotel is the location, you can walk anywhere! Despite it being spring break the marina never seemed overcrowded.
Another wish we have is for the hotel to update the gym. The gym location is really cool on the 7th floor overlooking the ocean and marina. However, there is no cardio equipment in the gym except for one stationary bike which didn't work and limited weight. There was supposed to be a cardio room near the spa but when we went to use it the light was broken and no one seemed in a rush to fix it.
We would return to Cabo and stay at Marina Fiesta again. The hotel very nice and the staff friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Or the ultimate Cabo vacation with the best location, luxurious accommodations, and the most amazing experience, the Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa is unbeatable. Experience the heart of Cabo San Lucas at it's best and take advantage of its unique Dine Out All Inclusive concept where you can enjoy an A la Carte All-Inclusive dining at a selection of fine dining restaurants and bars down at the Marina Golden Zone and at selected restaurants at its sister resort Hacienda Encantada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Fiesta Resort And Spa
- Marina Fiesta Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico