“Wonderful 9 days at Marina Fiesta.”

Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The location is perfect and so central to everything - nightlife, shopping mall, movie theater and many great restaurants. The staff was so very accomodating - from Alfredo at the front desk, the maid service, LaPalapa restaurant, the room service staff and the bell hops. All of the staff was extremely friendly and courteous. I had the all-inclusive plan and was pleasantly surprised that there were seven (or maybe 6) restaurants to choose from. I enjoyed watching the fishing boats leaving in the morning, a parade of about 25 jet skis that left that area of the marina every morning and the sea lion that seemed to have taken up residence there. This was my sixth time in Cabo but my first at Marina Fiesta and will definitly stay there again!

Room Tip: If you like to watch the action in the marina, ask for a room facing the marina.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Ruth W
Write a ReviewReviews (3,079)

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Positives:The location is perfect if you like nighlife. Service at the front desk, pool, and restuarant was awesome, the rooms were clean with nice balconies, and parking on-site is easy and convenient.

Negatives: My friends wife was relentlessly harassed by a timeshare salesman one particualr evening to the point of tears while she waited for us in the lobby (his name was Javier), he went away when we showed up, but the damage was already done. It turned what could have been a "very good" rating into just an "average" rating, it was that bad. I was also woken up on 3 or 4 days around 830 by what sounded like major construction nearby, but this is not Marina Fiesta's fault as they cannot control construction around the area.

We did not do the all-inclusive option so I cannot rate the quality of food. The pool was just okay, and seemed murky and uninviting most of the time, we only got in once and the water was a little too cold for our liking.

No hidden charges or "resort fees" at check-out which is rare in Cabo.

Room Tip: Walk to the right when you exit the hotel to the Marina and go just to the corner and look for "...
2  Thank CincinnatiBearcatFan
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Thank you.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

My wife and I, and another couple had a great week at the Marina Fiesta from the 7th of May through the 14th of May. The staff, including the bartenders at the swim-up bar, are terrific! The maids kept the rooms clean and we hardly knew they were there. Everyone smiled and said hello and I believe they liked working there. Meals were good except I really don't like sharing my meals with the birds in the outdoor dining area. Their "all-inclusive" was really good. All the restaurants were great with great service except I didn't like the lobster at Baja Lobster. Mine had some kind of sweet potato stuff on it that ruined the whole meal for me. The only negative is there is an sewer-like odor that seems to be about everywhere at times and it takes away from the experience.

Room Tip: The higher up the better because of the view.
2  Thank daokie
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Dear Guest Thank you for your review

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Just got back from spending a week at Marina Fiesta it was wonderful, the staff at this resort are great we have never once had a problem the staff go out of their way to accomadate you.
We spend lots of time at the quite pool in back, the lobby bar came and checked every 30 mins bringing us water and drinks and nuts, Carlos and Eddy were wonderful. The on site resturant serves good food and we always had breakfast there. I can honestly say all the staff were great to us, our room was a refurbished one and was very nice this is our fourth time at this hotel and we do have a timeshare there people remember us which is very nice cant wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor overlooking the pool it was a studio but quite big sunny in morning but...
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We just got back from a week here, all the staff was very helpfull, had a great time at the pool, met a lot of very nice people, the bartenders were great(Carlos 1 & 2) we tried all the restaurants except the fish & chips, only bad meal was Cabo Lobster, I had shrimp & it was great, but everyone else had lobster & were not happy with it. The only negitive thing I can say is sometimes you would get a sewer smell.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank soonertravaler
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Spent an outstanding week at Marina Fiesta Resort in Cabo San Lucas. We checked in Monday May 7th at 1:30, our room 324 was ready and waiting with a great view of the pool and the marina. Had one brief encounter with the time share sales people and I firmly let them know that I was not interested and I was never bothered again the entire week. We had one of the newly refurbished rooms and it was outsanding. Full size refrigerator, flat top 4 burner range, full size coffee maker and microwave. Our friends who traveled with us were in room 316 which has still not been updated but it was still a great room with a magnificent view off the balcony of the entire marina. We did not do the all inclusive as Cabo is full of great restaurants but we did manage to spend about $160 at the pool bar during the week. We had a rental car and they valet parked it for us and it was always quickly available and we used it on a daily basis. The men working the bell desk and valet desk were very helpful and extremely friendly. The front desk personnel were ready and willing to please and the concierge booked reservations for us on two different occasions. If you want a great hotel at a great price in the middle of all the action in Cabo San Lucas I highly recommend Marina Fiesta. We have already made reservations for our next trip in October and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank bigjac1952
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Well, although there were some issues with Genesis Collections vacationing system(don't do it people), my wife and I found the Marina Fiesta resort to be very good. As with most places, the people that run the day to day operations of the facility, really can make or break your stay.
We really liked this resort, we really liked and appreciated the people like Habacuc(Concierge), Juan(Concierge), and Mirabel(Front Desk).
Habacuc was there for whatever we asked of him. A very pleasant person, very efficient, with a lot of great ideas regarding making your time in his country enjoyable.
Mirabel, what can I say about Mirabel other than what a sweetheart she truly is. Such patience, such a great demeanor, and when I wanted to tip her for her great service, she actually turned it down saying, "please, you don't need to do this". I convinced her that I wanted to show her some kind of appreciation for her looking after us like she did.
There are so many people that just want to get their hands in your pockets, these three individuals were not like that, and still provided excellent service, with smiles. Very very refreshing!!
We found the resort to be perfectly located, the pool and facilities were beautiful.
If there was one downfall, it was the workout room. Require more cardio equipment in the gym.
The spa though was awesome...great showers, sauna, steam bath, etc.

Room 619

Room Tip: The older suites that face the marina were very nice. I loved sitting up on my balcony at night, or...
4  Thank Links2