“Comfy, Cozy and Great location.”

Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Despite it raining for my entire trip the resort made the stay the best it could be. The resort is by the marina and is in perfect walking distance to all the shops and downtown area. There is no direct beach access but it is accessible with a short 5 minute walk away. Everyone at the resort speaks English and prompt to help with any service. Food was delicious; rooms were very clean and spacious. The bed could have been a bit more comfortable but overall I still got a good nights rest. The time share people are a little pushy but then again that is their shtick. I'm good at saying no with a smile and walking away but for others I can see it as a bit maddening. The All-Inclusive Bar drinks definitely had liquor in them and could be returned for more or less if not satisfied. Carlos the bell boy/Concierge was absolutely outstanding, great and a joy to talk to. Overall I would stay there again. Good central location and pretty resort.

Room Tip: Treadmills are located in the spa room downstairs and not in the gym room on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear Guest

We are certain to know that next time you visit us you will be impressed with the service. and Facilities!

Thank you!

Marina Fiesta Resort and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (3,020)

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed here for 1 week of which 3 days we had rain that leaked into our 1 room (we had 2 rms). Front desk was notified, housekeeping showed up but no-one mopped the floors and after another phone call we ended up using towels to soak up the water. Staff was not very friendly except at check-in and out. We did not do all inclusive and saved a bunch of money eating breakfast in our room and the rest out. The Cantina just outside front steps is good for lunch, 10-15 min walk to Medano Beach, Mall beside the resort VERY expensive and 1 store tried to chip me out of money for items. We went to timeshare at this resort and when we didn't buy, the saleman became belingerent and argumentive with my husband. Bad for their image. The only thing we recieved for this abuse was a $114 (our price not theirs) boat cruise. We used the back pool, no one ever showed up for drinks or anything. Swim up bar here was not opened. Front pool very small, hardly any chairs and noisey. That bar closed at 8 pm. We didn't even know there were washrooms at the back pool there for 3 days-no orientation on check-in. We passed staff in hallway, no one said hello except 1 maintance man. We saw no service in this place worth returning for, except for location would we go back. We had spent 1 wk. previously at a resort that was fabulous so we knew what to compare this resort to in this location. Also because it rained for 3 days, several of THEIR restaurants leaked and where closed.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing marina and 2 bedrooms have large balcony and a hot tub with private chairs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Dear Guest,

We apreciate your comments, Thank you

Marina Fiesta Resort and Spa

Reviewed 22 August 2012

First off I would like to say that reading some of the reviews on this site - I don't really understand how people are saying that it's terrible. Service was excellent - Oscar, Jesus, Carlos, receptionists and concierges were superb. Rooms were cleaned promptly and the mini bar was restocked everyday. Absolutely no hidden charges for the all inclusive stay that I got from the Groupon. The pool was nice however the hot tubs weren't actually hot.. but that wasn't a big deal to me because all I wanted to do was be at the mini bar. The location is fabulous on the marina and a 5 minute walk to the beach, the cab ride was far from the airport BUT go to a timeshare presentation (let them harass you at the airport) and you can get free cab vouchers to your hotel and back to the airport. They even threw in a sunset cruise for us. People complain about these timeshare presentations.. well you can get over $300 worth of free stuff so these people need to give it a chance! I enjoyed the food at the in hotel restaurant as well as in the other restaurants that were included in our package. Bar at the hotel is open until 11pm which was fine for me as well. Having to sign for everything is another complaint that I found from other reviewers but really.. they bring you the bill promptly and all you do is sign it! I swear people these days try to find even the smallest thing to complain about.. Absolutely fantastic experience that I had at the Marina Fiesta.. my only regret is booking only a 4 nights stay when I should have made it a 7! I highly recommend this place.

3  Thank H D
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Your comments fill us with joy and satisfaction. We hope you visit us soon. Best Regards!!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

When checking into the hotel... there is always an issue with the ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE. Even if you pruchase on their wesite and PRINT OUT THE CONFIRMATION SHOW AMOUNT PAID AND WHAT FOR they HASSLE YOU and tell you that is not correct, AND WORK YOU TO SPEND ADDITIONAL MONEY. If you make a stink they will honor it, but tell you it's only this time. I THINK IT IS A SCAM. Checking out is a hassle too!

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Sorry to hear about your problems during the check in and out, your comment help us to improve our service, so we will follow up with the recepction manager.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was a little skeptical about this place being on the marina but wow, what a good place to stay. You are so close to the nightlife and what a spectacular view. The resort was beautiful with an awesome pool. The swim up bar was great and we did get the all inclusive package. I did not like how you had to sign for every drink you got, I always felt like I needed to tip on top of it even though tips where included. One of the best things about this place was the restaurants. They are located just outside of the resort gates on the marina, a few steps away from resort but wow, the food was great and it was nice to just sit there and people watch. Most of the staff were nice except for one or two people who were really slow at helping you out. Here is a hint, the more drinks you serve people faster, the bigger tips you get. There are also so many activities to do around the resort. We would strongly consider returning.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank devill1183
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Hi devill1183,

Thank you for reviewing Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your vacation at our resort and that your expectations were exceeded. We're also glad you enjoyed the restaurants while taking in the scenery and relaxing. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2012

After booking my "all Inclusive" trip on Marina Fiesta's website, and having my confirmation from them with me-it still took me an hour to check in as they said it was an error and they were NOT honoring the all inclusive, that I would have to pay extra if I wanted that. Afetr much arguing and fighting the manager finally said-OK just this once-I paid for all inclusive,had my confirmation and stil got hassled. The service is a C- at best,the staff is not friendly and every part of my confirmation was an argument. I would not recommend staying here and will not return-

Room Tip: stay at another hotel, as my last stay was similar, but decided to give it another try-had the same...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

We are so sorry about your coment and we offer you a sincere apology. Your feedback if very important for us, that way we can work on prevent these kind of situations. Thanks and we are at your service looking for a new opportunity.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. We did the all inclusive and were not disappointed. The staff did a great job helping you with any problems. The food is good, but not great. there are restaurants that you can go to that give you a variety of choices. We liked Jack"s the best. You do have to sign for everything, but this was not really an issue with us. I enjoyed sitting at the swim up bar in the afternoon drinking Dos Equis and eating fresh guacamole. We loved our room and the view. The AC works good. We will stay there again. The biggest plus was LOCATION. It is close to fishing, the mall, and town. We saved a fortune in taxi fares.
Thanks - Bill and Pam

Room Tip: Ask for a marina view
1  Thank William S