“Great Honest Staff/Great Location”

Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We had a nice room we were right next to the lobby so I thought it may be noisy but it was very quiet at night. We were there for Sammy Hagar birthday bash so the location was great we could walk just a couple of blocks to the Cabo Wabo. The beach is walking distances also.No need for cabs. I lost my wallet talking to the concierge without knowing. They tried to call our room but the phone did not work which we did not need since we had our cells. They knocked on our room door to tell us. Which was very nice.
The food is not very good at the buffet we ate breakfast there almost everyday then the day before we left we realized you can have breakfast at Jack´s Bar & Grill which was much better. The Tequila place had good food.Baja Lobster was not that good we tried it twice.
We never agreed to go to the timeshare thing so they did not bother us to much.
The spa was very nice I enjoyed a spa day and it was great!!
I did go back and use the saunas and Jacuzzi everything was nice and clean.So the only complaint is the food the service can be slow but we were on vacation so we were not in any hurry.

Room Tip: We were next to lobby that is the only time we have been there.
2  Thank raco13
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Reviewed 31 October 2012

This is our 3rd trip to Cabo and our 1st at Marina Fiesta- The location is perfect- we fished several days with "Picante" which are super BTW:) but this hotel has a great view and super staff! We stated from the beginning we were not interested in timeshare and they left us alone- we slept great althought on the 6th floor you get all the music from clubs so beware:) the inclusive is ok...the restaurant options sound great but once you are there it is limited menu or preset...not the full menu selections- Jack's was our worst experience all others were good.. we did find oursleves eating out more as we knew great places to go..nick san, alexanders, salvitores ect... I did miss not being on the beach but it is in walkin distance! I would for sure stay again , clean and very friendly!

2  Thank EmptyWell

Reviewed 28 October 2012

When I arrived, I was greeted by friendly Hotel staff. After checking in, Antonio the Hotel Porter showed me to my room and described all of the Hotel Amenities. This Hotel is located right in the Marina area and walking distance to the beach, and the downtown area. It is very conveniently located with really no need for taxi service unless you just want to water taxi across the marina.
The Restaurants included in a the all-inclusive package are ocated just outside the Hotel gates on the Marina, with a very good selection of menu items to choose from.

The staff at the poolside bar/restaurant are very attentive two thumbs up to Bernardo, Carlos, and Joaquin.

I highly recommend this property for solo travelers.

Room Tip: # 418 has an excellent view of the pool area as well as the Marina. You can sit out on the balcony a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank MarkinLR
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Own its own, the Hotel is 4-5 star but the relentless timeshare and attraction sales hustle really took away from the overall potential. From the second you get your luggage until the day you leave someone is trying to sell you something. Once you have your bags at SJD airport you have a choice to exit the airport as a local resident (to the left) or as a tourist (to the right). GO LEFT! You can get all transportation options either way. If you go right you walk into the teeth of money hungry sales people.

You will need $30 cash for two people to get to the hotel via shared shuttle or $70 cash for 1-4 people to go by private taxi. When I say "cash" I mean cash. Their credit card machines mysteriously won't process. In fact, even though many places claim to take credit cards most places only want cash.

All local attractions are very negotiable! Never pay posted prices. Negotiate with attraction directly to save 20-30%. They all pay commissions to street sales people. The only attraction we paid for was a sunset sailing cruise that was very fun and relaxing. Although you are technically on a sail boat, do not expect to see the sails being used.

I have an AT&T iPhone and added an international plan for voice, text and data. The total upgrade for the trip cost me $50 to insure no surprises. I paid $5.00 to get .59 a min instead of $1.00 per min, plus $10.00 for 50 outbound text messages and $30 for 120mb of data. I used 90mb even though the hotel had wifi.

The hotel requires you to wear a wristband the entire time of your stay. They might as well taped a $500 peso bill to my back. Even though the all-inclusive price "includes tip" you still should tip to get the best service.

Although most water is served in a bottle, me nor my wife had any issues from ingesting non-bottled water i.e. brushing teeth, shower etc.

The Google English to Spanish translation tool was very help in getting past words of phrases you may get stuck on while trying to shop.

Room Tip: We were in room 323 which is a Jr. suite. It had a great view of both the pool and Marina. The eleva...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheRhyneFamily
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Hi TheRhyneFamily,
Thank you for reviewing Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa and sharing your feedback with our team. We take feedback from our guests very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can improve in order to make our guests' experiences better.

We apologize for any inconveniences you were caused throughout your stay, as it is not our intention to make our guests feel uncomfortable when learning about our <<memberships>>. Should you wish to share any additional information regarding your trip please feel free to email us at BLANK EMAIL and a member of our staff will be in touch with you immediately.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Great location on the Marina. Quick access to fishing boats or fun to sit on the deck and watch the boats. The timeshare people are not very friendly if you do not attend their presentation but it is fun trying to get them to say hi to you after you have told them no. The Bell Boy, Antonio, was a lot of fun. He was very helpful and had a great attitude.

The room was great and always cleaned. The pool was cool which is good when in Cabo. Resort manager was very good to us when the Baja Lobster restaurant tried to ruin our vacation. Our least favorite thing was the Baja Lobster. Bad food, bad service, and an even worse manager. The resort does have a partnership with them but I do think the Baja Lobster does very little to help out the Marina Fiesta's reputation.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 October 2012

My friend and I booked a 4 night stay in a junior Suite at marina Fiesta... Before leaving I got so nervous with all the bad reviews I was dreading going to the Resort... I have to say it is not the best Resort in Cabo by any means however, the people who worked and served us were the most helpful friendly people there. We totally loved our stay , the ATV boy Ivan was so entertaining he was able to get the crowd going with the music and having a blast while laying by the pool... The bell Boys Antonio, Isidro, and Jesus where totally helpful anytime we needed something. The resort is cost effective and you really get to enjoy your stay. I miss it already

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I can not say enough about this resort. People are so nice, resort is beautiful and in a great location. The food is amazing! I already have our next trip booked there and let me tell you I never go the same place twice but Marina Fiesta was so awesome we had to go back again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple