“Anniversary trip!”

Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Having never been to Cabo San Lucas, we searched a long time before selecting our hotels. We decided to split out week spending half of it in the marina area and half at a beachfront hotel. If we had it to do over, we would split it 5 and 2. We really enjoyed our stay at Marina Fiesta. It is in the center of activity and you are close enough to walk to most attractions and restaurants. We spent no money on cab fare while staying there except to travel to and from the hotel. Our room faced the marina so the view was lovely. Pool noise was minimal. Our room was very spacious and clean....though not luxurious. As I write this I am at the Hilton ...beautiful and luxurious, but not convenient to anything but the beach! We much prefer the location and friendliness of Marina Fiesta!

5  Thank 67Beth
Write a ReviewReviews (3,020)

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We just spent 5 nights at Marina Fiesta on an all-inclusive deal and it was utterly wonderful. The staff (Wendy, Francia, Alejandro, Gustavo & Salomon especially) were all great, the room & views were awesome (4th floor overlooking the pool & marina). The entire property was immaculate, with people cleaning constantly. We had 5 or 6 restaurants to choose from as part of the package and we didn't have a bad meal once. I'd say that La Palapa (on the property) was the best breakfast, and Jack's (2 doors away) was the best dinner. Wendy the concierge was extremely helpful with anything we needed. The only thing I'd say is that if you're the type who wants to get a room and stay in it to watch movies / TV this is probably not the place to go - there are only 10 or 12 english speaking channels to choose from. But who would go to Cabo to stay inside anyway??? :)

Room Tip: The room overlooking the pool was great for us, but we did hear music from town at all hours of the...
5  Thank DaveSoLowBell
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Went to Cabo with my mom & my sister. The Marina Fiesta was clean and adequate. Compared to other resorts that I've stayed at at other locations, this resort is just OK. No complaints. It's got a beautiful view of the Marina in Cabo! Denise at the front desk was VERY helpful at booking excursions!
Their website said they had DVD players in the rooms - which they did NOT!
I used the "gym" every morning and they kept trying to charge me extra to run on the treadmill when I was told it was included and complimentary.
Initially they tried to put us in a room on the 1st floor - we complained and were moved to the 3rd floor.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BigBroChuck
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Dear Guest,

We apreciate your comments, Thank you

Marina Fiesta Resort and Spa

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Just returned from 10 days at this resort, on the all inclusive plan. This is my 3rd time at this resort, and the first since they became all-inclusive. Had a wonderful time! I was traveling alone, and this is a safe, smaller size resort where people are friendly, staff gets to know you fast, and you dont have to fight for a lounge chair. My room overlooked the pool and noise was never an issue at night. The rooms are not fancy, but nice sized. Most of the restaurant options were very good, the tacos and ceviche from the palapa bar were excellent! I did not do a " presentation" at this property, but did get to know several travelers who own timeshares and thoroughly enjoy their annual pilgrimmage here. Wendy, the concierge was always there to assist me with anything I needed, always with a lovely smile. I was dissapointed that there were no cushions on the pool chairs, but i heard they are on order. Right outside the secured gates is the marina with anything you could want, and all the hot night spots are an easy 5 minute walk. The beach is a short walk as well. Honestly, i preferred the pool most days as i was not battling the barrage of solicitors on the beach. I think they could improve the offerings available in your room fridge(coke, beer, water). I look forward to my next visit here!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Marne J
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I read comments about this hotel before we left and was a little worried. I LOVED the hotel. The staff was very friendly and we had a fabulous room with a jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the marina We had issues with having the wrong room but the staff took care of it immediately. The all-inclusive was the best we have had. The Sushi place was our favorite. Jacks had fantastic food. The location was great. I definately would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Room with a jacuzzi on the balcony
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jenjen523
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This place was not what was promised by the company we booked through. We are not "whiners", we are travellers and expect our accomodations to match the description or come pretty darn close to what is promised and paid for. When you hear the term, "too good to be true", it def applies here. I am aware this is Mexico and not the US, but that has NOTHING to do with service and quality. The 'remodeled" rooms are great, if you fight for one but the other rooms leave much to be desired. The staff was attentive when you had a currency note in your hand, other than that, no one understood much of what was going on. Oh yeah, we purchased a timeshare from Hacienda Encantada, the sister resort..hoping the service there is much greater than it was here.

Room Tip: Ask for remodeled room!!
3  Thank amberlina76
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

It´s sad reading your coments but we apreciate them because they help us to improve

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I was very excited about this trip. The resort is beautiful and in a pretty good location as long as you dont mind getting attacked by all the sales men on the marina. I couldnt sleep at all. The beds were uncomfortable. I woke up in pain everday. They have three hot tubs that arent even close to being warm. I got cold sitting in them. And it is very loud here. Music playing at the bars in the marina till 5Am. Then the music at the hotel pool starts up at 7:30. and its not soft music it is loud! Not pleasant.

4  Thank Ashley P
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

We are so sorry and we offer you an apologize we remind you that the bars located at the marina close at 2 am. Thanks for your visit.