“First Time In Cabo”

Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Overall Marina Fiesta was a pleasant experience. The hotel was very clean; the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They are a smaller all inclusive that has restaurants which are around the Marina not within the premises which is nice. The food is good and consistent. It allows you to leave the property and feel more like a local. The view from our room was great! It looked out over the Marina toward the mountains along the coast. Be careful if you go during spring break which we caught the tail end of. The resort was packed with students and the pools were very congested during the day. There is plenty to explore around the marina and even off the beaten path which makes Cabo a great destination.

Room Tip: Request a nice view of the marina facing west. Balconies over look the pool and bar out onto the ma...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

In spring it is very common we have reservations from young people because of the spring break ... sorry that this is not your total satisfaction. Thanks for your comments and we hope to see you again year after year. Greetings.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,935)

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was impress with the reception we received at arrival. Pickup at the airport was painless but, had to pay my way back. The 90 minute presentation at Hacienda Encantada turned out to be 4 hours and no escape due to being bussed out their. I complained but no one seem to care. The set up was nice and got the pool view room on the third floor with a balcony. Was enjoyable and comfortable. The all inclusive food was in various restaurants owned by Hacienda E. Seemed that the only one that was not included actually had the kitchen and cooks. The rest take orders and walk it to a waiter at the other place to cook. The some times got the orders mixed up. So, getting it correct was no quick fix. Once we ordered desert and mine was Ice cream and a brownie. When I stab the brownie with the fork, it bounced off. I gave another try with greater force and the fork flew out of my hand unto the floor. I called the waiter and asked why would anyone in there right mind serve such a desert to a customer? He said they had a new cook and may have botched it up. No, I feel that this brownie was made a month earlier and is now so hard it could be used as weapon. He refused to replace it. Thus, we left and did not return. The name of the place is called "Jacks". Want some adventure? Go to Jacks next to the Marina Fiesta. We tried eating at the pool side eatery, but, the birds kept helping themselves to everything that was not attended or nailed down. Even on the counter where the food was prepared. No on seem to mind. So, we only went to breakfast and early to. That way we felt better that the food and items were cleaner than during the day. Also, food could sit outside for hours at a time. Some was served the following days. Wife and I still got sick after being as careful as possible. We went to see the doc as soon as he opened in the states. I now believe that I would rather pay for my food and eat at a clean reputable restaurant than do an "all inclusive". Or at least go to an American name brand Hotel/ Resort. Over all, I liked the location with all of the things to do. But, hard to enjoy when everyone the was trying to con me into giving them my money. I was promised everything for a lesser price than the last guy. How can you remain calm and not get rude when you are surrounded be grown adults as well as children trying to sell something. We just started giving money away to the needy and not the well trained and persistent sale folks. Terrible way to enjoy a good vacation. We will not be going to Los Cabos again. To many other good places to enjoy. Oh, and the prices,,,hum,,,higher than in the states and quality could not even compare. The workers I talked to worked for six days as week and got paid $5 per day. I can only wonder, who is getting all of that money they are gouging from the tourists? The Hotels maybe? And then they want me to buy a Time Share from them? Sorry this is length. I did try to keep it short.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was clean and had running water. Don't flush the paper, you'll have to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

We really sorry what happened and we apologize for it. Our goal is you enjoy Cabo and have a relaxing time. We will like to hear from you and find a solution, thanks a lot for your comments.
abriseno@mexicograndhotels.com

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Over the years my husband and I have been to Cabo San Lucas 7 or 8 times and stayed many places including Marina Fiesta, this was our third visit and will not be our last!

This resort is just the right size not so large that guest feel like strangers... We are members of the family and the staff does a great job of taking care of us!!!! We have stayed at the Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Rose, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, Hotel Finisterra and Marina Fiesta is by far our favorite place!!!! We just returned from a two week stay in Cabo, the first week we stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Rose ... Can't compare to Marina Fiesta!!!!

For our time and money this is the only place to stay in Cabo!!!!!! This is our home while in Cabo, the hotel in right in the heart of everything you come to Cabo for... the beach, the marina, the shopping.... Etc. The entire staff at the Marina Fiesta is great, goes out of their way to assist their guest/family. The pool guys work hard to deliver the drinks and food, in fact they could use some help, they do a great job!!!! Special thanks to Fernando in the office his assistance, he really helped us out!!!!

We can't wait to return to our Cabo home and Marina Fiesta Family!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Fernando is very happy with your words and also says hello. Regards to your comment, THANK YOU we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We loved our stay at the Marina Fiesta. All the staff were wonderful. My boyfriend lost his iphone on our first night, and Antonio, the bellman/concierge tracked it down for him and helped us get it back! Fernando, the front office manager also took great care of us! We loved being able to use our all inclusive package to dine at the restaurants at the Marina as well. It was only a five minute walk to the beach. I loved the location, although our room was very loud, as we were right above the marina (great view) but could hear the music from the nightclubs pumping until 5am!

Room Tip: The rooms right on the marina have a fabulous view, but are extremely loud from the music from the n...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear Guest

We are certain to know that next time you visit us you will be impressed with the service. and Facilities!

Thank you!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband and I just spent a week at the Marina Fiesta Resort Cabo San Lucas. We have been to Cabo many times but I have to say the staff at this resort was awesome. Our room was very clean, the grounds are well kept and the view was amazing. Miguel and Pedro were very nice and very helpful. Carmen was our contact person and she was great. Wendy was our primary contact for dinner reservations or activities, she was very helpful. Our overall experience in Cabo was awesome as usual. We plan on returning to Cabo again very soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your Review, We hope to hear from you soon again!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I guess it depends what you are looking for in a vacation. I took my Mom here for a few days and we were looking forward to a relaxing vacation. We chose this hotel for it's All Inclusive + restaurants plan, it's swim-up bar and amazing views of the marina. Unfortunately, the hotel is located close to the beach/downtown nighclubs and the noise from music and screaming party-goers was horrendous! I didn't get to sleep until after 5am :( We dedided that we wouldn't be happy to have another 4 sleepless nights so we moved to the Pueblo Bonito Blanco resort by the beach which cost us an extra $700! To make things worse the Marina Fiesta Resort charged me a penalty fee to check out early so it ended up being a very expensive mistake :( not a great experience. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break.

Room Tip: All rooms are affected by the noise of the surrounding nightclubs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SueDLA
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

We are so sorry about the noise but it´s completely out of ours hands, our location is in the Marina heart so it´s kind of noisy sometimes. Thanks for your comments and we will try to find out how to improve and avoid the noise

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I went with 4 other ladies and had a blast! The location is perfect especially if you have never been to cabo or are going primarily for the party/activities. Walking distance to everything! The staff is great and very upbeat and willing to have a good time with you! Solomon is a wonderful and charming host/ bar tender goes out of his way to make you feel special! Wendy the consiere is adorable!! I cried open check out because I felt like I was leaving family! All other people there were great as well. The only thing I would suggest is that they explain the meal program better upon ck in as we were not aware that we could use the other restaurants for all meals and ate a lot of nachos lol the outside bar and pool should be open a little later since its so much fun hanging out there but everything else is great! I can't wait to go back!!! WENDY Facebook me!!

Leslie