“CABO SAN LUCAS”

Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have been here several times and love it. The staff is so friendly!! They take very good care of you and are always eager to please. Love the Marina Golden Zone - it allows you to eat at restaraunts on the all inclusive. Located right on the marina close to lots of things to do within walking distance. Only down fall is its not right on the beach but it is within walking distance to the public beach. It does have 2 very nice pools both with swim up bars. Can't wait to go back again!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from pool are quieter as you don't have noise from local bars at night
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thanks Paula for your comments, I hope you come back soon and we can have the honor to be your choice. Greetings.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,010)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was our first time to Cabo and I could not have been more happier with the service and the choice to stay at the Marina. Everyone from the bell boys to concierge was exceptional, My husband and I was on our honeymoon we did the all inclusive which was the best thing I could've booked for us. I highly recommend because you have access to other restaurants along the marina, Baja lobster my husband really enjoyed his filet mignon and my food was amazing as well also Jacks was good too. Another thing we really enjoyed you didn't need a car everything was within walking distance, the beach was beautiful. We had a blast and will return next year definitely...

Room Tip: We had the deluxe junior suite on the 1st floor and that was perfect for us we had easy access to th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

It is a pleasure to read your words. Hopefully soon we can greet and see us next year.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was my first time to Cabo and I could not have been more happy with the choice to stay at Marina Fiesta. I went with 5 other women and did the all-inclusive. I highly recommend the all inclusive because it allows you access to other restaurants right along the marina. Baja Lobster and Imomo Sushi were amazing! I could eat there every night (and we pretty much did!) What I loved is that you weren't "trapped" on your resort like some other all inclusive resorts. Since this is right on the marina you can enjoy snacks, food and drinks pool side or on the patio within the resort or you can just walk down the stairs from the pool and have access to 4 other great restaurants that are all included with the all-inclusive! There was great variety with the food, the service was wonderful and the location is fantastic! You are literally a block away from the beach and the downtown/nightlife areas. I never took a cab and when we did go out on a surfing excursion, they came to the resort to pick us up (High Tide)!

Next time I am in Cabo this is the place I will stay!

Room Tip: They are in the process of upgrading rooms, so ask for a new room when you check in. They won't...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda L
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear Guest

We are certain to know that next time you visit us you will be impressed with the service. and Facilities!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have to chuckle when reading the reviews from people that were at the Marina Fiesta about the time we were (10/3-7/2013). Don't you agree that some people (i.e. KA from Breezy Point, NY) just shouldn't ever leave home?? What a fool.

The rest of them got it right, Marina Fiesta is a great place to stay and it was our third time there. The staff is great and the guys at the Palapa bar hustle their buns all day long, 6 days a week, never sitting down, moving every second. Great drinks, plenty of booze and the best Pina Coladas I've ever had. Get Efrain to make it for you. I told Carlos he was legendary on Trip Advisor, but he never heard of it.

It was our first time doing the All-Inclusive and we felt is was a definite GREAT DEAL. Every breakfast by the pool was excellent with tons of choices and 5 fresh juices (try the green one: celery/cactus/green apple I was told). Baja Lobster was excellent, Tequila Museum only so so and we liked Jack's so much we went twice. The resident pirate (real name: Charly) was a very interesting guy full of history. We spent lots of time talking with him and NO he never tried to sell us anything besides the great photo we took with him ($8). A Jack's to-die-for: Mushroom & cheese appetizer with fresh warm tortillas. I could have been happy eating just that for the rest of our stay.

I only found 2 things less than perfect at the Marina Fiesta as far as I was concerned: (1) We requested a renovated room over looking the main pool and the marina and was told no problem during the reservation process. I confirmed this the DAY BEFORE. When we arrived my request was not available. Having stayed there twice before to a wonderful experience I couldn't be satisfied with another view. We ended up having to upgrade to a suite (Room #614 - full kitchen, separate bedroom, dining room, two full bathrooms and two patios) for the extra cost of $50 a night to get what we wanted. Great room, but we didn't need it and never once sat on the living room sofas or used the second patio.

Secondly, the WiFi at MF is Terrible with a capital 'T'. Free in the lobby, yes, but it's a poor connection constantly cutting in and out. Couldn't use it to Skype. We paid $12 per day for full Wi-Fi and it, too, was terrible. Attention: Marina Fiesta Management - You create a lot of ill will by charging so much for something that is second rate at best. Everyone was complaining. We did, however, find REALLY GREAT and FAST and TOTALLY FREE Wi-Fi at Mango Deck.

These things won't keep me from going back as the location is just too great. Considering how close we were to the Marina, it was completely quiet at night. Never heard a thing.

Thank you, Marina Fiesta, we've made some great memories together.

Room Tip: High floor for the best views. Ground level for easy pool access. Ask the see the room before you...
7  Thank shelrit

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I wanted to get away for a week and chose the Fiesta Marina in Cabo. We were on the 6th floor with views of the marina and town.The bellboys, Israel, Pedro,Anbrio,Sergio,Vergilio were so helpful with our groceries, wouldn't let us handle anything..............they were always available and attentive. We opted for the non-inclusive but weintend to go back in February and will get the all inclusive because there are 5 restaurants on the boardwalk and you can go to any of them besides eating at the hotel.The food was delicious!We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Our room was perfect.................higher up wouod have less noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
RicardoU, Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your Review, We hope to hear from you soon again!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Don't waste your money and buy the all-inclusive. The restaurants in the package served mostly the same food. The food was terrible. We ordered good old spaghetti with meat sauce and it was literally a plate of orange grease. Got steak asked for medium and it was well done.
Service was also terrible. Sat down took 20 minutes to get a drink. Then another 30 minutes to get the food. Ordered dessert and actually timed them, from order til it arrived, it took 18 minutes for ice cream. Literally every meal took 1.5 hours to get through. Plus, they put nasty hersey chocolate syrup on every dessert, they put it on flan, and apple struddle. Really chocolate syrup on apple struddle - gross.
Hotel was great, would like to stay again but won't get all-inclusive.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank unhappycabo
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

We are so sorry that the variety we offer wasn't enough good for you. We have sushi, Italian food, lobster, sea food. traditional Mexican and international cuisine. We greatly appreciate your comment as we look every day to improve our service, we will really work on your suggestions. Greetings.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I don't think those with the negative reviews stayed at the same resort that my fiance and I did! We just returned from a week at the Marina Fiesta and I already want to return! The place runs like a well oiled machine. We are early risers and as we drank our early morning coffee we always found the staff busy cleaning and caring for the pool and grounds. Yes, it is a bit older than the fancier newer resorts, but what it lacks in newness it makes up for with charm and its staff. For location - you can't beat it! You are ten minutes by foot from downtown and bars like Cabo Wabo and the Giggling Marlin, and just a water taxi ride away from the beach (only if you don't want to walk the short walk - but the water taxis are too much fun to pass up). Hit The Office (on the beach) for a really fun toes-in-the-sand breakfast or lunch. Everyone says to get the higher rooms, but we had 117 and my only complaint was the noise from the service carts. We had a lovely little patio and we were two steps from the pool and the bar and the lobby (where I was always able to connect to wifi and touch base with my children at home). The receptionist at the front desk, Marysol was always helpful and kind - she even let us CHOOSE our room from three we got to look at! We ate every morning at La Palapa and the staff was always prompt, courteous and kind. Be sure to ask for Joaquin if you have any problems there, he will take care of it in a jiffy and will do so with a smile. The wonderful folks in the lobby will make excursion plans for you if you don't have them. Our days were busy with Zip Lines (Wild Canyon is the best!), para sailing (don't fall for the "I will email you your photos for twelve dollars, tho, like we did), jet skiing, ATV tours and beautiful sunset cruises (the Tropicat has a fantastic crew!) - and when we wanted to just hang by the pool, Efrain was ready with cocktails at the swim up bar. Only issue that we had with the pool is that it closes very early (8PM) which is the pitts if you are like us and enjoy a dip after a dinner or evening out. Reservations for dinner were never a problem and the concierge, Wendy, was the friendliest, most helpful person every single time we asked something of her (and it was A LOT)! I don't think there was a single time that we passed her station that she didn't address us by name with a wave and a smile! When we had to wait for our shuttle to the airport late in the afternoon (and had checked out) Wendy arranged a hospitality suite for us to wait in as she could see that the heat was beginning to get to me. Giovanny, (title unknown) in the main lobby was our go-to guy and he was always ready to solve any problem we encountered. The whole team of bell boys were efficient and they were some of the friendliest people we encountered - I wish I could find the paper I had their names on as they all deserve props! Don't pass up the spa! I had the best hot stone massage I have had in my life and would have gone back if I'd have had the time. The jacuzzi and the sauna in the spa are always amazingly calming and available as part of your all inclusive experience. Our room was serviced with a smile and the extra towels we requested by noon each day. If you want a lovely sunset - watch it from one of the two hot tubs on the fifth floor which is a well kept secret. We visited every restaurant and found Baja Lobster Co to be our favorite - they took amazing care of us and the food was very well presented and yummy. We loved hanging out with Jack Sparrow at Jacks and dancing to the guitarist they had playing on the patio. The strolling musicians on the marina became our best friends when they found out we would dance anywhere and the only restaurant we didn't enjoy was the Cantina which had mediocre food, slow service and a not so very friendly wait staff.
As this was our first trip to Cabo we didn't know what to expect and it turned out that our experience at the Marina Fiesta was one of the best we have ever had while on vacation anywhere! Cabo, it's people and the Marina Fiesta and staff are truly some of the best we have encountered on our travels! We are already planning our return trip!!

Room Tip: Go high if you want views of the marina itself, but for location, convenience and ease of access ask...
4  Thank Susan4786