“Fraud Alert”

Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Marina Fiesta hotel on the all inclusive plan from July 6-9. During check in, Marina Fiesta ran my credit card and charged “incidentals” which would be rescinded if I did not charge anything to the hotel. Upon checking out, my incidentals were 19.19. I used a different credit card to pay that amount. I did not take the original card out of my wallet after that. No charges were made on the original card I gave to Marina Fiesta while in Mexico. A friend was traveling with me, we checked in to the hotel at the same time, both of our cards were run at the same time. (Different cards, different names, different addresses, by two different employees at the front desk.)

Yesterday, at 2:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight time, both of our cards were used fraudulently, for the same amount (Approx. 160.00 USD). My credit card company called to alert me of this charge. I have the card in my possession. The only possible person who could have had those numbers, in Cabo, along with my friends numbers in Cabo, is someone at The Marina Fiesta Hotel.

I would be happy to send Trip Advisor staff the alerts from our credit card company to verify that this is not a made up story.

Please be wary of using any card in Cabo, especially a debit card. I was there a few years back, at Costco, a cashier there swiped my debit card twice and fraudulently charged over 600.00. It is much more difficult to get debit card charges rescinded.

If you do stay at this hotel; I would strongly suggest you monitor any credit card charges during and after your stay.

9  Thank MillionMiles87
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We want to find out what happen but till now we have not found any charge or complain, please send us a mail to the following adress to follow up so this situation won't happen again. We will waiting for the information, kind regards!! abriseno@mexicograndhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,003)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

First of all we got the room we reserved when we got their. But because it was not big enough for my wife. Giovanni at the front desk was more than gracious to change the room the a bigger on free of charge the following day. No problem at all. My wife was so happy (room 525 to 216). Third day, spent an afternoon at the pool. I went to the bar, thought I would have to wait, but within seconds I was greeted by Jack, who would be out server. This guy did an excellent job taking care of us all afternoon. What service. I work for the Hilton. Last Year we went to another property. Because of these two guys we will come back to Marina Fiesta again. Very friendly staff,

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk manager, Giovanni. That's it. First class service.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patrick d
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Our staff is highly trained to make your stay with us unforgettable. Thanks for your kind words, Gionavanni and Jack send you many greetings, we hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect. We had easy access to marina, restaurants, shopping and beach. Our room was beautiful with a great view of both the pool and marina. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only negative would be that they need more staff. They have probably cut back on staff due to economic issues, however the staff do seem to have to wear many hats. But over all loved the place! Traveled with my two boys age 7 and 14 and my friend and her son age 14. Everyone had a great time!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank imtravel
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thanks for your advice we will keep them in mind for our next meeting. We will be waiting for you and your guys for your next visit. Greetings

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I booked two rooms for 10 days for mine and my brothers families on the advice of a friend. We couldn't have been more pleased. The facility and our rooms were beautifully maintained. The resort is located right above the marina making the views wonderful as well as making it very easy to walk to a great number of shops and restaurants. I have already thanked the friend that made the suggestion and made plans to go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony facing the pool will also have a marina view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mikeshipley

Dear Mike, definitely the best advertising is the one make by a friend and of course living your own experience. We really appreciatte your friends recommendation. Come back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here in the junior suites for a bachelorette party (8 girls) using a LivingSocial all-inclusive deal. For each pair of girls, the rooms had a lot of space with dual sink bathrooms, two queen beds (or a king bed), and a kitchenette complete with microwave, fridge, and some kitchen tools that we never used. We were each given wristbands with a number to register us for food service and had to report our room number each time we ate. It was a great location and the staff are really nice. Wifi was accessible in the lobby for free. It's available in the rooms for a fee. The first night, I had trouble sleeping with the fridge making weird noises--FYI for light sleepers. (TIP: Pull down on the shower faucet to activate the shower head--one of our girls didn't know how to start the shower in the bathroom.) The second night, I slept a lot better, probably because we were out so late and much more tired.

Cons: tiny ants in the bathroom, pool is off limits at night, food from participating inclusive restaurants was underwhelming.

Pros: great hospitality with the staff, free wifi in the lobby, variety of mixed drinks at the bar, very safe with a security guard coming to and from late at night, great location and walking distance to downtown, comfortable beds.

Overall, Marina Fiesta was a great value to stay. I'd think about eating elsewhere, but I'd stay for the location.

2  Thank Halo345

Hospitality is our calling card. Thanks for your feedback. Come back soon

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been to real ALL-INCLUSIVE resort and this is not one of them. The main problem is the Management. You can easily notice that they cut staff and services. Like other reviewers noted, most of the cheap booze is free and the good stuff is paid a premium. Food selection is Fair to Poor, service extremely slow, and will not be staying again. Spend your Hard earned money at a better location.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
2  Thank Martin I
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Our all inclusive plan is within the most complete programs, we are sorry it didn´t fill your expectations. Thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the Marina Fiesta July 14th-19th for our wedding anniversary. We did have a good time but there was a definite bias for the larger groups who tipped more. We had difficulty with getting waiter's attention at the pool because they were running getting food and drinks for several large parties who continued to tip them. My husband and I saw no reason to tip someone 20.00 for two cokes, however, it was a long wait for those drinks. The food was good at the 5 different restaurants, but there was a bias for the all-inclusive vs the "regular" customers and we were often given a different menu than others.
The concierge, Wendy, was often indifferent to any problems. We were told to register at 9am each morning for dinner . but heard her on the phone giving people reservations for the whole week. When I asked about that she denied it. I guess she should'nt speak Spanish in front of people and assume they dont understand. The day we checked out we asked for help with the shuttle company, and again Wendy refused to help us contact the company. Miguel, on the other hand, who was NOT the concierge, offered to help us and he called the shuttle company, who was very late in picking us up, and he got them to bring a special van to come get us.
WHile Im at it I should warn you about the Grayline shuttle company. We paid them ahead of time to pick us up at a certain time. They were late, claiming difficulties with a van, employees etc. We were picked up late, then the driver made a detour to pick up another employee. She sat in the van and talked to her mother on her cell and then we made another detour to drop her off at her bus stop! We considered ourselves lucky to get to the airport only an hour and a half later than expected and made it to our flight as it was boardng.
Overall, the hotel was clean, comfortable and easy to get to shopping, the beach. and water sports. Most of the empoyees were willing to help with any problem and were always friendly. I recommend the Land's End tour, they were very professional and imformative.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen W

We are very sorry about the situation with Wendy, she is known as a great concierge, maybe this was a misunderstanding but for sure we are going to do something, we are really sorry. Thanks you for your feedback. Come back soon.