“Perfect location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Hudson, Florida
“Perfect location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

So glad we our friends told us about this place. It was the perfect location for our first Cabo trip - right on the Marina next to great food and shopping. Every place has a timeshare program but the staff here was not pushy or obnoxious. Our room was large and clean and the balcony was delightful place to hang out above the bustle of the pool. We did not choose the inclusive package this time. A nice cool clean room at the end of a long fishing day was appreciated. Free wifi in the lobby was a little slow but workable. The beds and pillows were comfortable.

Room Tip: I liked the north placement of our room as there was no direct sunlight on the balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Shelley H
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
We are glad we were your first experience in Los Cabos and hopefully not the last one. We hope to see you back soon. Thanks for your feedback. Best wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Marina Fiesta hotel on the all inclusive plan from July 6-9. During check in, Marina Fiesta ran my credit card and charged “incidentals” which would be rescinded if I did not charge anything to the hotel. Upon checking out, my incidentals were 19.19. I used a different credit card to pay that amount. I did not take the original card out of my wallet after that. No charges were made on the original card I gave to Marina Fiesta while in Mexico. A friend was traveling with me, we checked in to the hotel at the same time, both of our cards were run at the same time. (Different cards, different names, different addresses, by two different employees at the front desk.)

Yesterday, at 2:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight time, both of our cards were used fraudulently, for the same amount (Approx. 160.00 USD). My credit card company called to alert me of this charge. I have the card in my possession. The only possible person who could have had those numbers, in Cabo, along with my friends numbers in Cabo, is someone at The Marina Fiesta Hotel.

I would be happy to send Trip Advisor staff the alerts from our credit card company to verify that this is not a made up story.

Please be wary of using any card in Cabo, especially a debit card. I was there a few years back, at Costco, a cashier there swiped my debit card twice and fraudulently charged over 600.00. It is much more difficult to get debit card charges rescinded.

If you do stay at this hotel; I would strongly suggest you monitor any credit card charges during and after your stay.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank MillionMiles87
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We want to find out what happen but till now we have not found any charge or complain, please send us a mail to the following adress to follow up so this situation won't happen again. We will waiting for the information, kind regards!! abriseno@mexicograndhotels.com
La Quinta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

First of all we got the room we reserved when we got their. But because it was not big enough for my wife. Giovanni at the front desk was more than gracious to change the room the a bigger on free of charge the following day. No problem at all. My wife was so happy (room 525 to 216). Third day, spent an afternoon at the pool. I went to the bar, thought I would have to wait, but within seconds I was greeted by Jack, who would be out server. This guy did an excellent job taking care of us all afternoon. What service. I work for the Hilton. Last Year we went to another property. Because of these two guys we will come back to Marina Fiesta again. Very friendly staff,

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk manager, Giovanni. That's it. First class service.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patrick d
Our staff is highly trained to make your stay with us unforgettable. Thanks for your kind words, Gionavanni and Jack send you many greetings, we hope you come back soon.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect. We had easy access to marina, restaurants, shopping and beach. Our room was beautiful with a great view of both the pool and marina. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only negative would be that they need more staff. They have probably cut back on staff due to economic issues, however the staff do seem to have to wear many hats. But over all loved the place! Traveled with my two boys age 7 and 14 and my friend and her son age 14. Everyone had a great time!

• Stayed June 2014
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank imtravel
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thanks for your advice we will keep them in mind for our next meeting. We will be waiting for you and your guys for your next visit. Greetings
Hudson, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I booked two rooms for 10 days for mine and my brothers families on the advice of a friend. We couldn't have been more pleased. The facility and our rooms were beautifully maintained. The resort is located right above the marina making the views wonderful as well as making it very easy to walk to a great number of shops and restaurants. I have already thanked the friend that made the suggestion and made plans to go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony facing the pool will also have a marina view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mikeshipley
Dear Mike, definitely the best advertising is the one make by a friend and of course living your own experience. We really appreciatte your friends recommendation. Come back soon.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here in the junior suites for a bachelorette party (8 girls) using a LivingSocial all-inclusive deal. For each pair of girls, the rooms had a lot of space with dual sink bathrooms, two queen beds (or a king bed), and a kitchenette complete with microwave, fridge, and some kitchen tools that we never used. We were each given wristbands with a number to register us for food service and had to report our room number each time we ate. It was a great location and the staff are really nice. Wifi was accessible in the lobby for free. It's available in the rooms for a fee. The first night, I had trouble sleeping with the fridge making weird noises--FYI for light sleepers. (TIP: Pull down on the shower faucet to activate the shower head--one of our girls didn't know how to start the shower in the bathroom.) The second night, I slept a lot better, probably because we were out so late and much more tired.

Cons: tiny ants in the bathroom, pool is off limits at night, food from participating inclusive restaurants was underwhelming.

Pros: great hospitality with the staff, free wifi in the lobby, variety of mixed drinks at the bar, very safe with a security guard coming to and from late at night, great location and walking distance to downtown, comfortable beds.

Overall, Marina Fiesta was a great value to stay. I'd think about eating elsewhere, but I'd stay for the location.

2 Thank Halo345
Hospitality is our calling card. Thanks for your feedback. Come back soon
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been to real ALL-INCLUSIVE resort and this is not one of them. The main problem is the Management. You can easily notice that they cut staff and services. Like other reviewers noted, most of the cheap booze is free and the good stuff is paid a premium. Food selection is Fair to Poor, service extremely slow, and will not be staying again. Spend your Hard earned money at a better location.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Martin I
MarinaFiestaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Our all inclusive plan is within the most complete programs, we are sorry it didn´t fill your expectations. Thanks for your feedback.