Misiones Hotel & Beach Resort
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$458
US$398
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$162
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$867
US$846
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$261
Melia.com
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$782
US$215
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$610
Hotels.com
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$306
US$299
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$200
  • Breakfast included
US$3,439
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$149
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2007

My husband and I used a family member's timeshare to go to Missiones for a week in October for our 1st anniversary. We arrived late the first night (midnight), and besides the guy at the front desk, we did not see a single soul - just a few cats - until the next morning. Our room in building ONE was in the basement, very old, dated, and had bugs. Also, it only had a double bed, and we had requested a king. So, the first morning, we asked the front desk to upgrade to a King bed. They gave us no trouble at all, picked us up with our luggage in a golf cart and drove us to our new room. PHEW - it was SO much nicer. Huge! With a full kitchen, den, dining area, and bedroom. The bathroom was very big (the tub was a little tough to get in and out of), but the views from the balcony were great! - although we couldn't see the dowtown Cabo. Although our tv never worked, only one channel, we just bought a deck of cards to play on the deck each night. I would definitely recommend building FOUR. It's not a far walk to the best pool (with the nighttime bar - open until around 8pm), and close to the front desk. It's beside the newest building that is undergoing construction still. We just cranked up the A/C, and the construction never woke us up. Yes, the shuttle only runs a few times a day, but we just planned accordingly and went into town once each day. If you take the last shuttle into town, you can eat a nice dinner, go out, and only pay for the cab ride home ($15). We definitely bought groceries b/c food is expensive. If you don't have a car, we didn't, take the shuttle into town - there is a full supermarket just a few blocks away - just ask the shuttle driver. That is definitely the way to go for lunches and snacks and bottled water.
Yes, it's mostly folks that live at Misiones fulltime or own timeshares and come down for several months. But, if you take the time to hang out at the pool bar at night, you'll get to know them. We found everyone to be REALLY nice - we had a great time getting to know the kinds of people that end up living in Cabo. You HAVE to snorkel down at the private beach. It costs about $8 for 2 hours, but it's really fun and definitely worth it. The food at the restaurant at the hotel is average and a little overpriced, but it's relaxed, good enough, and really easy to get to, if you don't want to go into town.
I would recommend this place again and again. We had great weather (we missed the two fall hurricanes) - not a drop of rain. Pretty hot during the day, but nice and comfortable at night - you can even wear long pants at night with the cool breeze. Be sure to bring several good books and some travel games. It's a low key place, great for a lot of rest and relaxation. I had the best sleep of my life there!
We loved it!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank adp4a03
Reviewed 19 December 2006

Well from a well traveled surfer who wanted to take his girl somewhere to enjoy both surf and relaxtion, Misiones del cabo was definitely the place. Don't let anyone fool you with saying there is too much construction there because construction is everywhere in Cabo. Even the Fiesta Americana Grand which is a very expensive place to stay had crazy construction around it. Yes, one day they will have it all done and everything will be quiet again in Cabo. yeah right. Misiones definitely has one of the best views of Cabo San Lucas and Sea of Cortez, which i believe is the most important part of booking your stay anywhere in the world. Yes, the condo room does have fully equip kitchens and are very clean. They were like that in 2002 when I stayed there before and should only improve with new phases of development. They have a nice quiet beach to snorkel on one side and of course the left point break on the other side which surfers know as Monuments. Cabo is only five minutes from Misiones and trust me it beats staying in the hussle bussle of the marina area of Cabo san Lucas. The pacific side is only a short thirty minute drive and san jose del cabo is twenty minutes away as well. At this rate a night you can't find a better location with the best view,access to everything from there, friendly people and uncrowded pools. The hotel service will try to sell you on looking at some timeshare your first day and if you are not in a rush it may be worth it.They will give you a atv excrusion/$100/sunset cruise for free just to go and take a look.Of course they will try to sell you one, but go look and say not interested at the end.What they give you is worth all of that and the property is probably awesome like the one we went and saw. The food up at the end of the street is out of this world good,so definitely eat there one night. Romeo and Juilet in Cabo is really good too.Hopefully this will help and remember to rent a car because you can get around on your on time and it is alot cheaper. Only get taxi if you are going to town and getting hammered. Enjoy.Oh, great place for family with kids.

Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank brad32250
Reviewed 25 July 2006

We have just returned from a week at the Misiones Beach Resort. I guess this is not the high season, so the number of guests were sparse. The view from this place is spectacular. The suite was large, clean and comfortable. Most important of all, the AC was powerful and cool. Unfortunately, that is about all that is good. There are just too many little thing wrong with this place that I doubt I would come back. These are the kind of things that a well run hotel would never let happened. Let me tell you and you can decide. First, I found that all the appliances were unplugged, TV, microwave, lamps etc. so I had to crawl around to plug everything in. The cable to the TV was broken, so I had to reroute the one connected to the VCR to the TV. Then I found out the microwave is broken, told the front desk. After a day, i asked the front desk again and they told me they can't get into the room because they gave us both keys to the room. Umm... Hotel only have 2 keys to the room? no master key? Anyway, I quit bugging them about it and they ignored it, so it was never repaired. Midway during our stay, the water pipe broke somewhere in the complex, so no water. The front desk guy went into town to buy duct tape to fix it. The construction is still going on. If you don't mind an occasion pounding during the day, then it is OK.

Here is a tip: The shuttle into town only runs until 6:30 PM, but you can take the bus back for 8 pesos per person and you just have to tell the bus driver to stop in front of the Misiones sign. Tho there is still a walk down to the hotel, but it is all downhill and a nice view of the stars.

Another tip: There is a restaurant at the point called Sunset Da Mona Lisa. One of the most gorgeous setting for a restaurant is just down the street from Misiones. Make reservation.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank MakeMyDay
Reviewed 18 July 2006

Twelve of us ( extended family, three rooms ) descended on the Misiones resort for the week of July 7-14. I think my family had the best room...the newer remodeled rooms facing the town of Cabo had a cool design. My wife and I had a separate bedroom with a large pocket opening which could be closed for privacy from the living room...which had a "Murphy Bed" for my daughter and my son found the couch comfy for his bed. The balcony overlooking the beach, a desert area, the town of Cabo and a view of the famous "El Arco" rock formation was absolutely spectacular! I spent some wonderful morning's out there w/ my cup of coffee or in the evening w/ my cuban cigar just taking in the views. ( I'm also glad i brought my little binoculars! )
The place was nowhere near capacity which meant there was never any congestion at the front desk, pool. etc. Speaking of pools, both are very nice..not huge but just right...plenty of lounge chairs, swim up bars.....I liked the infiniti pool on our side w/ the aforementioned awsome view of Cabo. The only bummer was that the hot tub was not working.
The maid service was a little chintzy with distributing enough soap, towels, kleenex, etc. WE had to make special requests to get everything we needed.
Construction was going on during the day, but other than one morning when I was awaken a little early by some hammering, it never bothered me at all.
There is a little protected beach area on one side side which is nice for swimming and snorkling ( i found this snorkling better than the "Bucanneer Queen" snorkling trip we went on! ) But even here the waves can kind of roll in so I would be carefull letting small children roam unsupervised. It might have been just this week but the surf was extremly rough. The beach on the other side was definitely not for swimming, although the local surfers were enjoying the big waves. I brought my surfcasting rod with me and managed to catch a few fish around the hotel but there were tons of snags w/ all the rocks...frustrating.
We did spent lots of pesos taking cabs in and out of town! The hotel has a shuttle which is nice but it doesn't run at night ( dinner! ) and is not always running when you need it...plus you have to sign up for it in advance at the desk or it will fill up. It's only about a three mile walk into town if you have the time...but it's some "hilly" hiking which can really take it out of you on a hot day! Apparently it never, ever rains this time of year which is nice.
We ate in town every night I think and were never dissapointed!
A great road trip i recommend is the trek up the coast to Todo Santos. A realy neat little town...has a huge artsy community...it's also the home of the famous Hotel California
( Eagles song ), and the bar across the street makes the best margarita I've ever tasted!
On the way is another little roadside attraction called Art & Beer...hard to describe....it's a liitle cafe/art gallery in the middle of the desert owned by Jerry Garcia's cousin!
Sorry about this way to lengthy review but in summary, the Misiones Hotel and Cabo in general was great by us!........Craig....... Burke, VA

• Stayed: July 2006
7  Thank HighwayStar
Reviewed 7 July 2006

We just returned from 7 days at Misiones del Cabo, which was perfect for our family. We stayed in a privately owned, 2 bedroom unit, which we found advertised on the internet. The unit was nicely furnished with a great ocean view and a very large balcony. There is a private beach that our kids enjoyed and it was safe for swimming with no salespeople bugging us. Both pools were enjoyable, one has a jacuzzi and the one by our condo had just been renovated and looked brand new. The only mistake we made was not renting a car from the beginning. Taxis are expensive, about $15 to town. We cooked some of our meals in the condo to save money and ate a few meals in town. Since we didn't have a car we spent most of the days laying by the pool or playing in the ocean. The kids had a good time, which was the most important part.

• Stayed: June 2006