“Location & Everything You Need”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marina Sol Resort

Marina Sol Resort
Anchorage, AK
“Location & Everything You Need”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I have stayed at Marina Sol 4 out of the 5 times I've been to Cabo (The first year was a learning experience, so I didn't stay at M.S.) and it is so ideal for a budget-minded traveler who still wants hotel amenities. Every year I've stayed in a different condo in the complex, so each is unique but all were fantastic. You walk two blocks, BAM, there's the beach. Two blocks in the opposite direction and there's the mall, the marina, and all the nightlife and restaurants. I've booked my stay through http://www.vrbo.com every time, it's a great website.
You shouldn't stay here if you want room service, an opulent spa, and super modern features. This is a condo complex, so people actually live here. They DO have a spa, but it's pretty basic. That said, they have a great little pool-side restaurant with both mexican and some american food and there is a grocery store a few blocks away. Every year we walk to the store and take a cab back with enough food to last a week. The wait staff from the pool has consistently remembered me every time I come back (not necessarily by name, but by shouts of "Alaska!"). I'm 27 and I've been going to Cabo since I was 19, so I know why I like going: margaritas, tan lines, and seven more margaritas. However, I tentatively recommended this place to my dad and stepmom, neither of whom drink or party. They loved it. We're very down-to-earth people so this place is perfect for us. Anyway, if you have any questions, just ask, I love Cabo and Marina Sol has been a big part of what I love about it.

Room Tip: Although this complex is really close to the beach, in recent years, resorts have been built that no...
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank JessicaJWAK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

It was awesome. It was nice and quite and everyone that works there is very friendly and accommodating. I would defiantly recommend people stay here. You are in walking distance to the Beach(Medando Beach) and the Marina. There are lots of great places to eat close by including the Resorts Grill by the pool. AWESOME PLACE

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Midcap45
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

My husband and I vacationed in Cabo San Lucus from March 1-31 2011. We rented a condo at Marina Sol through Claire Griffith Cabo Caliente Vacation properties. We have to say this was our best Mexico vacation yet. The weather was exceptional and the people of the city so very friendly. Marina Sol has a very comfortable mexican flair with its sunset yellow and terra cotta buildings. The lush grounds are well kept-the pool and lobby area very clean. We enjoyed the company of the staff as they were all very friendly. We also (important to us) felt very secure and safe. This is a gated resort with a security guard on duty 24 hours. Marina Sol is walking distance from all ammenities-even as a woman I was very comfortable walking to stores by my self during the day. The beautiful marina, downtown Cabo, restaurants, shopping and the main attraction Medano beach-Land's End. Marina Sol is a family oriented- quiet resort and the security does a good job to maintain respect for the vacationers. They care to keep their image as a quiet relaxing resort-not a Cancun spring break like location. We appreciated that!!!
Claire and Ricardo of Cabo Caliente properties were both very hospitable to us and may our stay very comfortable. We had not stayed in Mexico for this long before, with buying and cooking our own foods, not knowing the area they were of great help.
We loved it so much we recommended it to our son and daughter in law and they booked through Claire and are there now.
Brian and Rita Canada

1 Thank CDH_11
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

we stayed at the hotel this week, found it on vrbo and stayed in suite a408. The hotel was great, location perfect, and Raul at the front desk and Lorenzo who works for cabo magic were all super help full. The room was alright, came with everything you need to cook and hang your head there for your stay, but it is a bit warn out. It did the trick but could use some updates in linens and bathroom stuff. A/c works great nice and cold.
the resort its self was great, its all owners and people like us that have rented them out. The pool is great nice temp and the tiki bar works for those who need it. It was nice and quite all day and night and made it perfect to lay back and get some rest when needed.
Cabo Jimmy was a great guy too, gave lots of info when needed and drove us to the airport when we flew out, thanks Jimmy we will stay with you again.

Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

My wife and I went to Cabo to celebrate her turning thirty and we have been to Cabo over 5 times.The location is wonderful it is close to the beach, about 1-2 blocks. Also about 3-4 blocks from downtown. We rented the condo from Claire who is private owner and runs Cabo Caliente was wonderful and very accomodating and we could call her or her manager, Ricardo at anytime and they would see that are needs we met. Either one would pick us up at the airport and return us when we were flying out. we have already recommended this place to everyone we know who goes there. We give it an A plus and will be staying there again everytime we go to Cabo, which is almost every year. Claire and Ricardo thank you for the wonderful time and we will see you again.

1 Thank cabo2806
Bismarck, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

I was extremely disappointed by the "welcome" we received on our recent vacation to Cabo. Raul was extremely welcoming, but that was about it. The tenants or owners of this facility "babysit" this property. They are not welcoming to outsiders enjoying their facility either. I guess if you like to play Scrabble and Cribbage and drink a double shot of iced tea, you may really enjoy the Marina Sol. I have stayed at other places in Cabo and I will never stay at the Marina Sol again. They really know how to spoil a vacation!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Neveragain026
Belmond, IA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

Let's go with the good thing first. Raul was awesome and friendly, but that's where the good ends real quick. It is a retirment community with a bunch of old people, not just old people fun haters....There was a group of ten women, we were up in our room dancing and signing at 4pm, we were told we could listen to music till 11pm...and if we wanted to "party" take it to the back patio. So at 4 pm securtiy was called and we were told no more music and to keep it down. This place is ran by old people who have no idea what Mexico is. It is advertised as a great place for parties, bacholer and bacholorettes....not a chance. There are so many rules....no playing catch in the pool, no marco polo...whatever. This place is a joke!!! I would not send anyone there that would want to have a good vacation. Keep looking if this is your choice!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends