We stayed at Marina Sol A509 Casa Gran Terazza for 4 nights. The check-in went smoothly, Andrew from Cabo Luxury Penthouses met us & showed us everything in the unit. We even had water & beer chilling in the fridge for us, very welcome after travelling all day.
(Maggie had responded to all of my emails before we left home, & answered all of my questions quickly.) Maggie also helped us with a little problem we had with water coming from the unit above. After years of travelling, I've learned it's not the PROBLEM, it's how it is RESOLVED. We reported the water leak at 7:30 a.m., and were told Maggie started work at 9 a.m. By 9:05 a.m., she was in our unit, with 2 repair men, and 1 maid with a full cleanup cart. everything was taken care of in less than 1 hr. I have to emphasize this leak came from a privately owned unit above ours, & had nothing to do with VRBO.
Back to the unit...we absolutely fell in love with Casa Gran Terazza. The 60 ft. terrace overlooking the central courtyard & pool area was amazing. We had coffee on it every morning and drinks every night. 2 full bedrooms & 2 full bathrooms ensured that mom had her own space, as well as my husband & myself. The kitchen was amazing! with stainless steel appliances & a huge granite counter top. All cooking utensils, plates, cups, etc are supplied, as well as drinking water. We were told that it had been recently renovated, & it showed. My husband loved watching the Masters Golf Tournament on the big-screen t.v. with many many satellite channels, in the huge living room. The unit was clean, as well as the lobby/elevator/pool and grounds. The staff worked hard every day to clean everything. One concierge in the lobby greeted us with songs every day! The security guards at the door were always present & watchful, and made us feel perfectly safe.
Marina Sol is located 2 blocks from Medano Beach, a quick 5-7 minute walk. There are 2 locked access gates, close to the road leading to the beach, opened by the key that they supply. Medano Beach is the usual hectic public mexican beach, full of vendors, bars, and restaurants. A polite ''no thank you'' will work to keep them away.
The grounds at Marina Sol are amazing, this is an older complex that has aged well. There are mature trees and flowers (check out the rare white bird of paradise plant!) The pool is large, heated & very clean. The Oasis grill has great, affordable breakfasts. If we come back to Cabo, we will definitely stay at Marina Sol again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina Sol Resort since 1997. Is central to everything and within walking distance to Medano Beach, The Cabo Marina, Puerto Paraiso Shopping Mall and Downtown Cabo. Our English speaking, professional staff and concierge assistance are available 7 days a week to make your Cabo experience unforgettable. See you soon at Marina Sol Resort in beautiful Cabo San Lucas...Mi Casa es su Casa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Marina Sol Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Sol Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Marina Sol Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico