“Closest thing to a hostel in Cabo. Great atmosphere, decor, and reasonably priced!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cabo Inn Hotel

Cabo Inn Hotel
Ranked #39 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

If you're looking for something a little less posh than the Cabo resort scene, but still nice and comfortable, this is definitely the place. I went to Cabo by myself, and though it's not a big backpackers' destination, I had a great time mostly because of the people I met at Cabo Inn, the closest thing to a hostel in Cabo.

It's located about two small blocks off the main drag into the slightly rustic city. There are tons taco joints and reasonably priced restaurants with GREAT food within easy walking distance. Just take a walk around. You do get just a little traffic noise at night, but it's easily overcome by the white noise of the fan. They also have an outside door that they lock (and give you a key for) at 10pm, so I felt very safe.

It has a beautiful atmosphere with very colorful painting and decor and plants EVERYWHERE! There is a common area in the center of the motel with a dining room table where people frequently sit, eat, and visit.

The owners have great recommendations for which places to go for activities in the area. I myself didn't do a lot of that, but another couple who stayed at the inn while I was there simply took all of the owners' advice one by one on snorkeling tours, fishing, hiking around the point and absolutely raved about the recommendations. On the charter they went on, they caught about 50 pounds of fish, and that night the owners cooked up a great dinner for anyone in the inn who wanted to join. They said that's a pretty frequent occurrence there.

Room Tip: If traveling solo, get a shared room for $30/night
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank itsfridaymoanin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Ajijic, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

We stayed at the Cabo Inn the night prior to our departure to the mainland. As it is well situated we decided to stay based on other reviews. However we were a bit perplexed at what we found. At $70.00 US for the two of us the place was overpriced, perhaps like the other two places we found within two blocks walk 400 Mxn would be a fair price.

The first room they showed us was 9 and smelled rather musty and dank so we chose number 16 which was clean but rather worn and shabby. OK for young travelers but not much else. Bead was foam on a concrete platform and difficult to sleep on. Due to the exterior lights being on all night we found the room lit up like the Vegas strip at midnight.

It was colorful, camp and the staff were nice and offered suggestions, close to the marina, bars and food; however, the hawkers, street venders and other workers stalking you to buy junk, visit their bar, go fishing, buy a time share or massage were a real deterrent to a future trip to Cabo.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room near the back!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sanisidroron
Puebla, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

If you go to Cabo San Lucas then this hotel is a very good option. There are so many things to do in Los Cabos you will only sleep a few hours in the hotel. Well, it was like that in my case. The location is perfect, you won't need to pay a taxi to get somewhere, you just need to walk. The main street with all the night clubs are just 6 minutes away from the hotel, the beach and the main dock are like 15 minutes away. Cheap places to eat are like 2 minutes away. The area is very safe. And the staff of the hotel are very nice and always there to help you with any questions you have. I like this hotel and if I go back to Los Cabos I would stay at Cabo Inn again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

I planned on staying at Cabo Inn for 7 days, but ended up staying there for 2 weeks. The owners were very nice and welcoming. I felt as though I was coming back to my own home when I came back at night and I felt extremely comfortable staying there the entire time.

The owners helped me plan my trip out here and I saved about $50 U.S. booking my snorkeling trip as well as a 4 wheeling day time trip through the hotel. The rates were almost double what I would have paid at the door.

I was hesitant to stay here because it's only 2 stars. If you've been to Las Vegas before, I ALWAYS stay at the Venetian which is a 4 star hotel. But I must admit that staying at Cabo Inn was the best decision I made.

The hotel is an authentic Mexican place with a wonderful atmosphere. I am so glad I didn't plunk down $100 a night to stay somewhere else. I can't say enough about what a great place this hotel is. This is coming from someone who is a snobby lawyer but I'm glad I trusted my instincts on booking this place. I've traveled to almost every continent (except Antarctica) and this place is a home run.

The rooms were nice and comfortable. I was able to sleep very well at night, and the owners were cordial and genuine! Thank you Cabo Inn for a wonderful time!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Manitoba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

The Cabo Inn is a small quaint hotel in the middle of Cabo San Lucas. From there everything is within walking distance...the beach, great food, and lots of shopping!
It is a small cozy hotel with a large table that everyone gathers around to talk about their day. The staff will go out of their way to help you plan any excursions and take care of your needs. Can't wait to go back!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
portland, or
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

Just returned from a short 5 day stay at the Cabo Inn. Staff was great and very helpful with recommendations, directions, etc. Because of great location didn't need to rent a car able to walk to everything we wanted to go to. Had a little trouble with the hot water in shower being my only complaint but overall was a great getaway to some sunshine and leisure time. Stayed in palapa #1 with a private patio and loved the openess of the room. Would definitely stay here again. Worth the money which was very reasonable for the inn. Free coffee in the am which was a nice touch.
Overall was a great little break from the cold and rain of Portland, OR. Thanks Cabo Inn! P.S. It can be a little noisy so definitely use the earplugs that are provided by hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Garden City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

The hotel has a perfect location to all restaurants, shops, bars and also the beach. It is very neat, decorated with a lot of love, very mexican and has a very warm atmosphere.
The staff is very nice, they help you in any way, the rooms get cleaned every day.
The rooms are very simple, but it is clean and there is everything you need. For us it was a perfect choice, we are young and we don´t need something fancy, it was close to everything and you get to know a lot of interesting people. I can really recommend this hotel !loved it!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends