If you're looking for something a little less posh than the Cabo resort scene, but still nice and comfortable, this is definitely the place. I went to Cabo by myself, and though it's not a big backpackers' destination, I had a great time mostly because of the people I met at Cabo Inn, the closest thing to a hostel in Cabo.
It's located about two small blocks off the main drag into the slightly rustic city. There are tons taco joints and reasonably priced restaurants with GREAT food within easy walking distance. Just take a walk around. You do get just a little traffic noise at night, but it's easily overcome by the white noise of the fan. They also have an outside door that they lock (and give you a key for) at 10pm, so I felt very safe.
It has a beautiful atmosphere with very colorful painting and decor and plants EVERYWHERE! There is a common area in the center of the motel with a dining room table where people frequently sit, eat, and visit.
The owners have great recommendations for which places to go for activities in the area. I myself didn't do a lot of that, but another couple who stayed at the inn while I was there simply took all of the owners' advice one by one on snorkeling tours, fishing, hiking around the point and absolutely raved about the recommendations. On the charter they went on, they caught about 50 pounds of fish, and that night the owners cooked up a great dinner for anyone in the inn who wanted to join. They said that's a pretty frequent occurrence there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cabo Inn Hotel was originally built in 1955 and remains a stunning hotel with vibrant colors and traditional Mexican ambiance. We offer 20 rooms and we are centrally located 2 blocks from the marina. All rooms have air conditioning, TV's and refrigerators in most, additionally, we offer two rooftop palapa units. Located in the beautiful city of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, the Cabo Inn Hotel is the perfect place for a fun-filled vacation or relaxing getaway. Our Cabo hotel is dedicated to providing you with quality amenities such as, a spacious community kitchen and grill, an outdoor social pool, FREE Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and rooms, a shared balcony, sundeck, and more! The goal at our Cabo San Lucas hotel is to ensure you have an excellent stay whether for spring break, winter vacation, or the perfect Mexico getaway. We'll provide you with an authentic Mexico experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Cabo Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo Inn Hotel Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico