“Over and above!”

Ranked #42 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Jasper
“Over and above!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed here twice in a matter of five weeks. When I first arrived at Cabo San Lucas, my shuttle dropped me off at the wrong place and I was left stranded and had no idea where to go or how to get there. I managed to get in contact with Victor. He and his wife and baby found me on the side of the highway and brought me to the Cabo Inn. They did not have to do this and I was so grateful that they did. The Cabo Inn is perfect for the budget traveller and has an amazing massage therapist / chiropractor. She was better than most people I have seen and I am an avid fan of massages!

Room Tip: The upper balcony has the best sunlight!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Andrea Q

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Fabulous, quaint, inexpensive Cabo Inn Hotel has to be among the best "values for the dollar/peso" out there. The vegetation/foliage is wonderful, The tone of the place is an oasis right in the heart of Cabo. The owners were most helpful, knowledgeable, kind, and help set the atmosphere of relaxation and enjoyment. Thanks Victor, and his dad for making my stay of four days so pleasant. A person I met there was more accustomed to $3 to 400. per night places and said she enjoyed it more there than at the expensivo places, as did I. Happy travels, Marcus

Room Tip: building a place on other side of bldg from my room, away fm the construction probably. I never hea...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank marcitem
Woodland Park, Colorado
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We loved this little spot. From a hundred feet away it looks like a garden. As you enter it is so inviting that you just want to wander over to the chair in the garden courtyard and relax. The owners and managers are friendly and helpful. The rooms are spare, but the showers have hot running water for as long as you want and the gem here is the rooftop lanai. I rose at dawn each morning and found my way up there (third floor) to relax and read. Economical ... not a resort ... but more like the real Mexico!

Room Tip: Check out the two Palapa rooms on the third floor roof access near the lanai and the pool ... charmi...
1 Thank Vicki R
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 6 April 2012

They have done a really good job of doing up this cute little place- the rooms are basic but the atmosphere is great, the staff friendly and the location very convenient. We loved it!

1 Thank David H
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Perfect for a short stay with friends. More of a hostel. Better for folks needing a place with bare bones basics, but scenery is lush, colorful and tropical within the property. Centrally located to restaurants, clubs, and the beach.

1 Thank Smithmo
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 26 March 2012

These 'excellent' reviews must be from the party people who go there to get drunk and stay up all night. This is more of a hostel type place than a hotel. I stayed there with my mom and daughter for three nights. Bad idea. My mom booked this place because of the price on expedia, and we quickly found out it was not for a family of three females. The hotel is in a bad, ugly neighborhood with graffiti everywhere.

The couple who checked us in (the owner's parents) were pretty friendly, with the father being friendlier than the mother, who was kind of rude.

The second night there, I was awoken at 3:00 a.m by a bunch of drunk spring breakers who were being loud and obnoxious. They totally disregarded my requests to keep the noise down. The next morning, I told the owner of the hotel, a young guy probably in his 30's, about what happened. He did not offer an apology and told me that basically that's how it is during this month (march). I guess he didn't care too much about his paying guests who wanted to sleep instead of party.

Later that same day, the maid was cleaning the room next to ours, # 19 and I was shocked at the stark contrast from ours, #18. Ours was towards the back of the hotel, was dark and had dirty white walls. Room #19 was brighter and had painted walls with much cuter decor. When I asked the owner if we could have room #19 for the night, he said there would be a $10.00 charge because he had to change the sheets (they change the linens every three days) I told him that initially we were told we would be given that room. He shrugged and told me that was all he could do. He was not very accommodating.

But back to the rooms, they get extremely dank at night, and I woke up in the middle of the night, every night because of the stuffy air. This, combined with the all the ruckus from the spring breakers, made it impossible to get a good night's sleep! Also, hot water is rare in the evenings, so showering early in the morning is best.

Upon check out, we were not asked anything whatsoever about our stay there or our trip to Cabo san Lucas. We were just thanked for choosing the Cabo Inn.

The property itself is charming and has character. The decor is unique and authentic. The maid was sweet and the young lady who worked there was pleasant.

Room Tip: Get rooms closer to the street. The ones toward the back are dark and dank.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank April M
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Great inexpensive place to stay, centrally located in downtown Cabo. Staff/owners absolutely delightful and go far out of their way to be helpful. Marvelous decorations including very creative fun original art throughout hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the street. In summer with air conditioning blasting room location may not matter...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends