“Weeks stay”
Review of Cabo Inn Hotel

Cabo Inn Hotel
Ranked #41 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Inn was just to are liking. Like having a room off your patio. Rooms are small, but atmosphere makes up for it. Shared space environment, meeting and enjoying other quest. Bed was new memory foam, just like at home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CaboInnHotel, Owner at Cabo Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Hi Tony! Thanks for your kind review of the Cabo Inn Hotel. We are happy that our hotel fit your needs and that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our hotel. We hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I came here with 3 friends for spring break. We are not the fancy-hotel type, and Cabo Inn was perfect for our long weekend. It has a homey, hostel feel, but is nicer than that, with more privacy, security, and great staff. The rooms aren't mind-blowing, but they have everything you need. There's a great shared kitchen, an awesome patio, lounge, and pool/tub upstairs on the rooftop deck, and it's very close to everything. Very comfortable, relaxing, casual, and a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie W

Hi Katie! Thanks for your great review of the Cabo Inn Hotel! It makes us happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the homey atmosphere of our hotel. We hope you had a memorable spring break in Cabo and that you'll be back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I liked the idea of this inn and the photos made it look very charming. I didn't enjoy staying here. I feel bad writing this because the staff are great and it's family run. The room I initially booked was not available so I did get to choose another. I had the top room facing the street. It was very noisy all the time. Next door is a bar so loud pounding music plus they BBQ there so my room had lots of smoke coming in. The good thing is the location. This place is close to all that is Cabo. Few blocks from the beach, tons of eateries of all prices nearby (check Trapper's List), close to flea markets and the Marina is 2 blocks south. Public transportation is nearby so get on the bus for 30 pesos and head to San Jose for the day.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I had a great time at this colourful, clean, friendly, authentic Mexican place. It's the perfect concept of accomodation for easy going travellers, who don't need much to spend great vacation days in Cabo. There is coffee downstairs in the mornings, there is a lounge-area under the Palapa roof, just perfect for socializing and having a drink with the other leaned-back guests. The staff is super nice, just like all people I met there during the 2 weeks I've stayed there. Located very central, it's a good starting point for your day trips and whenever you are ready for a night out, you're just a few meters away from all the Cabo-craziness :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FriederikeNuova

Thank you for your awesome review of the Cabo Inn Hotel! We pride ourselves on providing a true Mexican experience and part of the Mexico charm, is the social atmosphere. We're happy to hear you enjoyed meeting different people throughout your stay. We hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Hotel value great. OK, its not the Ritz, but for an authentic Mexico feel and a nice and clean hotel, you'll be happy. The beds were comfortable (I stayed in 2 different rooms), the roof top was a great place to hang out in the evening with other guests and the pool was adequate to cool off if you get too hot. It's more like a large hot tub without heat, but I was fine with this. $45 bucks a night was worth it. I spent most of my time at the beach, eating or doing touristy things. Oh....I felt safe.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Trevor B

Hi Chuk! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Cabo Inn Hotel. We're so happy that you found our beds to be comfortable and loved the community feel of our roof top. We hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel is a GEM! The location could not be more convenient- right next to the beach and lots of fantastic restaurants and taquerias. There is free coffee and fast wi-fi, so no need to waste your vacation checking email in starbucks. I was traveling alone and met some friendly folks at the community kitchen and table in the center of the bottom floor and, after renting snorkling gear from the Inn for only $5/day, took a bus to Santa Maria and had an amazing afternoon! Though not quite a hostel atmosphere, it was a great spot to meet people and explore the area on a budget.

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower levels are a bit dark but I found it refreshing after a day at the beach :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Abigail M

Hi Abigail! Thank you for writing such a glowing review of the Cabo Inn Hotel. We're happy to hear you found our hotel to be a "gem" and enjoyed not only the atmosphere, but the location and the amenities. We hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have been to Cabo San Lucas several times and have stayed in a lot of different resorts. I enjoyed the resorts, but thought I would save myself a little money and stay at the Cabo Inn. I know several people that have had great experiences with the inn. I can say that the room is exactly what I expected. It's just a basic room with a bathroom. They are very clean and worth the money......But I had one issue.

When checking in you pay a $5 refundable fee for the room key. I paid in cash and when I checked out it appeared that they had lost the money. Not really a big deal to me, but then I was accused of not tipping the maids so they took the money. Just for the record I tipped the maids daily, which is custom in Mexico, and the money was taken by the maids daily. Just to be accused of not tipping without actually asking was a bit insulting.

Overall I had a good experience and won't let one lady ruin the great 4 days I had at the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a mini fridge. I don't think they cost anymore money. If you don't your...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo