Cabo Inn Hotel
Ranked #41 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 1 March 2010

I spent a week in this lovely little hotel. Rooms are very simple, but extremely clean and have all you need. I liked the friendly atmosphere between guests, the very helpful staff and everything that makes you feel at home. I would definitively recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank lucia_away

Reviewed 3 February 2010

I had walked past this funky, adorable, cozy and invitng inn several times on a recent trip to cabo and then again upon this return trip when I decided I would stay at the inn for two nights. Not only was the price amazing, the location was prefect, the staff very helpful and nice and the rooms were charming and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel for nearly everyone although I did not think it would be that comfortable for people traveling with small children. But that was my ONLY observed downside of the inn...the rooftop pool and lounge are not to be missed!!

Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
7  Thank NasaGurlie
Reviewed 27 January 2010

The managers are pleasant even down to our maids - everyone was friendly and greeted us with a happy "Hola".

The whole place was detailed with relaxation in mind, all the natural plants kept things cool and covered with partial shade.

The cleanest and safest feeling Inn for the price, I will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
6  Thank Theronmc
Reviewed 15 January 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at this small, very clean and safe hotel. The Cabo Inn Hotel is THE place to stay if you’re a traveler on a budget.

The location is excellent; very close to the Marina, Mall (all types of shops and a multiplex theatre); all types of restaurants, a Laundromat... and pretty well anything else you might need. It’s a 10 minute walk to all the popular restaurants and bars in Cabo (close enough to walk to, but far enough to avoid the late night crowds) and 15 minutes from the bustling and popular Medano beach, where there’s all kinds of activities.

What really sets the Cabo Inn Hotel apart from other ‘cheap’ hotels is the caring and considerate attention provided by the owner/managers Stanley and Maria. From the moment I arrived I felt welcome. They know Cabo well, and were able to hook me up with all the best things to do and places to go. I even visited a very professional dentist who repaired a chipped tooth and did a cleaning for about 1/2 of the cost of back home. I also had several massages from Zuki, who is one the best massage therapists I’ve ever had. She comes to the hotel daily and her prices were excellent.

If you’re looking for a party hotel, this is not the place: it’s quiet… well most of the time; sometimes it can be noisy from the local traffic and hustle and bustle. The hotel has a nice atmosphere with many plants, flowers and vibrant colors throughout the three floors.

The rooms are small and sparse with only a few offering t.v’s, and none having a phone. However there’s free wifi that actually works all the time (a must for me), free coffee in the morning, free water (I was surprised how convenient that was), and some of the rooms had their own small fridge (mine did). On the top floor there is a small Jacuzzi sized pool (mostly just to cool off) and a relaxing palapa area where one can sit and read. There’s also two palapa ‘suites’ that are quite large and look really traditionally Mexican; I’m sure a couple would love to stay in one as it looks like it would be a neat experience.

Thank you Stanley, Maria and Zuki for helping to make my stay in Cabo such a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
10  Thank Andy-Kuiper
Reviewed 13 January 2010

the best part of the place is after you climb two levels of stairs through what resembles (at least in my mind) what frida kahlo's house must have looked like. the colorful decor, comfortable vibe, overgrown palm fronds framing every doorway and window sill had me at "hola". the rooftop lounge is where it's at. complete with comfy couches, a little pool for a quick cool off, it's a perfect spot to take your free hotel coffee and listen to the early morning sounds of cabo (it's not a cabo morning without a car alarm that won't turn off!) or honor system pacifico to get your afternoon siesta on. but really, it was very colorful and quaint and VERY casa romantica.
our room wasn't ideal for lovers. but stanley helped us out getting us into his last avail room. i'm pretty sure the "mattresses" were foam pads. actually, i'm sure that's what they were. but we didn't pay for tempur-pedic.
owner boss man stanley will walk you around the corner to get you a rental car, or deal on just about whatever he can finagle.
don't pass up their rec to get fresh fruit smoothies and juices just down the block.
the place is central and a short walk from the marina, beach, and ridic fancy pants new mall.
next night i have to stay in cabo it'll no doubt be right here at the cabo inn.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank olivegirlSF
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Thank you Stanley, Maria and Victor. You made our stay at your lovely hotel a vacation to remember. We loved that your hotel had Mexican charm, something lost in many Cabo hotels. It's also great that your hotel is so close to the marina, beaches and all the shopping. All locations are just a five minute walk. We also loved that we were just a block from all local shops, a laundry service and restaurants. Your location allowed us to keep our travel costs down while still enjoying our stay. Finally, thank you all for the potluck Christmas meal, it made Christmas day very special for us all. You run a class hotel in a little charming package. We look forward to staying with you again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank ralins
Reviewed 28 December 2009

The atmosphere of the Inn is wonderful. The staff is very friendly and polite. Maria makes the best cup of coffee! This is a great place to enjoy your time in Cabo, be it a walk on the beach (only a few minutes away), to the flavor of town, the mall, sailing, fishing or the local shops and vendors. Cabo Inn is a very nice relaxing place. The owner and managers are wonderful people! If you want to book an adventure they can help you or just sit and enjoy the Inn you can, it is a place that YOU plan what you want to do. I really enjoyed my time there and found being at the Inn as enjoyable as being on the beach. A place where memories and friendships are made. I look forward to returning again! Thank you for making my stay as wonderful as it was.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family