Cabo Inn Hotel
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$771
US$748
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$564
US$550
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$326
US$263
Melia.com
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$569
US$541
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$581
US$568
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$626
US$176
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$162
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$322
  • Beachfront
US$1,428
US$1,314
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$156
  • Pool
All reviewsrooms are smallcommunity kitchenrooftop palapacommon kitchentop floorcommon areasperfect hotelother guestsrental carmedano beachnight lifevictorcaboearplugsbajanightlifepesos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2010

we chose to stay next door 2 this place for 2 nights and look for a unique place 2 stay. then, of course we were so busy the first 2 days having fun, we forgot!!!
cabo inn 'popped up' on our way to rebook~ yahh! just wut we had pictured! everything about this place is amazing! so we spent 5 wonderful days here.
we tried to explain where we were staying 2 several mexicans while we were there, and eveyone of them said, 'oh, the place with the plants'!
victor and kenoi'loni(sorry about the spelling), are great hosts and happily help 2 answer any questions~ as well as give helpful suggestions.
i recommend this friendly and charming inn to all who prefer to stay away from resorts and typical hotels.
scott and david

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank exavious
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I'm quite baffled. I only stayed here because of the overwhelmingly positive reviews, which I can only think are caused by some combination of:
* People paying less than I did ($65 for a 2-bed room), and/or
* People not being familiar with the normal standard of cheap, idiosyncratic, independent hotels in the developing world.

Upsides: the owners are friendly, it's conveniently located (although Cabo's pretty small anyway) and the communal area is colorful and has plants.

But come on. The rooms (I stayed in two different rooms on different nights) are cell-like, hostel-style concrete bunkers. Small. Old musty beds. Stiff, rusty windows you can't open. No air conditioning. No TV. No door to the "bathroom", just an old curtain. When one person showers, water splatters over the concrete partition onto one of the beds. If one person takes a dump while the other person is in bed, you're both one foot away from each other with no door in between.

I've traveled heaps throughout South-East Asia and I'm totally cool with incredibly basic accommodation. But not for these prices. This is a hostel, and should be priced as such. Reviewers who describe this as "boutique" can only mean that it's got a kitsch, colorful paint job and it's not part of a chain. But it's absolutely, totally bare-bones and the rooms make no attempt at character, or even at base-level hotel comfort, whatsoever. It's not "boutique" in any sense of the word.

Next door there's a Comfort Inn which, in hindsight, I wish I'd stayed at even though I don't like chain hotels. At least after a long, hot, dusty, salty day, it'd be a basic place to cool down with air conditioning, take a dip in a pool, watch CNN for ten minutes, nap on a fresh, clean bed and be able to take a shower or a dump without involving my companion in the experience.

If I could stay at Cabo Inn for $15-20 per person I'd go back. If not, I'll keep looking for a place that really is boutique and actually has basic-level hotel amenities for under a hundred bucks. This place ain't it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank zeffer_NY
Reviewed 29 May 2010

5 of us and a little Yorkie had a wonderful Xmas with our hosts. Everyone was very gracious, and the bread pudding was to die for. Thanks Maria.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank rvpobre
Reviewed 16 May 2010

Like family when at the Cabo Inn Hotel. When I travel to another country, I don't want the same experience and people I'd see at home. The Cabo Inn is a refreshing mix of world travelers with many stories and experiences to share. The owners/managers are great!
If you want a predictable luxury resort that has the same staff and experiences you've had in every other resort you've been to, then you won't be happy with the Cabo Inn. If you love great people and new experiences, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DineRight4
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Both of us are pretty easy to please and have run the gamut on our travels. We were, however, unprepared for the room which awaited us. We literally never unpacked simply because there was no dresser or drawers to put anything away. There was a coat rack (with two hangers, I was able to cajole three more). There was a wicker chest, but it was decoration only (the top wasn't connected and the interior was full of dust. The TV consisted of a 13" (we never turned it on since that isn't why we were there). The bedding was stained, but clean.
The biggest problem is the fact that the bathroom is elevated above the level of the room by probably 14-16 inches....and no step. I'm 6'4 and it was a stretch for me. We've traveled/lived in Mexico and were okay with the fact there is no real bathroom (it's just separated by a moderately high pony wall and a pull cloth for the door), but the high step up was not good.
God forbid you have a fun night of drinking....
The exterior of the property is very striking, the owners have taken great pain to showcase the landscape/plantings. The "pool" is an oversized spa, but it worked...just understand that you won't be floating on a raft...there isn't room. It's strictly for cooling off.
I'm glad we were there during a pleasant time of year because I wouldn't have wanted to trust the a/c.

One of the best features is also it's biggest handicap....location. Yes, it's off the main drag by a couple of blocks so you don't have the high foot traffic to contend with, but it's only about six blocks from Squid Roe and as such you clearly hear the music/crowd till 4am (no kidding).

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple