“Hated to leave”

Ranked #44 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Manhattan KS
“Hated to leave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2005

My family and I just retuned from a week stay at Los Milagros in Cabo San Lucas. I have read several reviews on this site that do a great job depicting the accommodations at this hotel. Loved the upper terrace for a few quite moments after an early morning workout. Sandra, your host at Los Milagros, has done an excellent job creating a tranquil environment to return to after a hectic day of activities. Quiet reading (or napping) nooks have been incorporated into the gardens. Tropical plantings soften the Mexican architecture and provide a feeling of separation within the walled courtyard.

The rooms surrounding the courtyard are clean and simply furnished. Television and phone service are provided. Sandra owns a lot adjacent to the hotel for future expansion, which she offered for off street parking. It was walled with a roll gate, making you feel pretty secure about leaving your rental car there. There is street side parking available, but it fills up pretty quick every morning. Not much need for a vehicle while staying there, as the shops, beach, most restaurants, and the marina are all within easy walking distance.

Sandra is a gracious host and was extremely helpful. She offered great advice and provided us with directions on several of our outings. I e-mailed her with several requests after we had made our reservations. She responded quickly and went out of her way to accommodate us. We happened to loose a room and gate key while we were there on a fishing expedition. When we offered to replace them, Sandra just smiled and asked us to come back and look for them sometime.

My family and I travel frequently. There are very few places we have stayed where we regretted not being able to spend more time getting to know our hosts. Los Milagros is definitely one of those.

9 Thank OZGUY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Frisco, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2005

My husband and I stayed at Los Milagros a few weekends ago. The hotel was great...very Melrose Place-ish. The courtyard was beautiful and serene, the terrace was great and the room was nice and quaint. The hotel is located just a block from the main strip and activities. Sandra, the owner, is a fantastic lady and was very accomodating. Will definitely stay there again when we go back. Bang for your buck is bigtime at this hotel.

3 Thank thekeithsmeow
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2005

We have returned from two wonderful weeks in Los Cabos, Mexico. This was our first trip to Cabo and we loved it. We stayed 6 nights at the Los Milagros in Cabo San Lucas. We then spent 4 nights at the Marquis (5-star) in the Corridor area and then completed our trip by staying 3 nights at the Grand Baja (4-star) in San Jose.

We liked all of the places in which we stayed but what made our trip so special was our stay at Los Milagros. Talk about a hidden gem. I first read about the Los Milagros in our Fodor's book. It had a star next to it and the price was right. We then read all these positive reviews on this web site and figured we could not go wrong. We are happy to report that our expectations were exceeded.

First of all, Sandra met us at the door with a huge smile and we clicked instantly with her. We know that we have found a friend for life with her. She truly is a wonderful person. Sandra is very welcoming, friendly, and easy to talk to. All of her recommendations were perfect.

She had plenty of parking for our rental car. Once you enter the large metal doors, the hustle and bustle of the Mexican streets becomes a distant memory. Everything you have already read about her garden, incense, and tranquil music is absolutely true. You can really relax here and you feel totally safe. Her free internet service came in handy when I needed to extend our rental car agreement and check up on the local news. The bed was really comfortable and we both slept well.

The location is perfect because you can really walk to everything in town. I found that the grocery store a few blocks away had the best coffee and I walked there every morning. Gardenias and Los Colorines are both excellent choices for an authentic inexpensive mexican lunch.

Again, it was an awesome vacation and our best memories were with the Los Milagros and with Sandra. We hope to visit again...See you soon Sandra!

The Pittsburgher's who just wouldn't leave.

Ed & Cindy

11 Thank fogartye
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2005

My husband and I stayed at Los Milagros for 5 nights before heading to a big resort hotel on the corridor. The five nights at Los Milagros were so much better, and a fraction of the cost....it is close to everything and so relaxing and quiet. The garden is beautiful and is so calming. Since our room came with a kitchen we made coffee and french toast breakfasts in our suite, which was so nice to have the comforts of home so accessible. It was a great time and would definitley recommend it!!

Stayed May 2005
8 Thank jsuslvsu
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2005

After spending the first part of my trip at the Hilton in Los Cabos for a company business conference, I cabbed down to Los Milagros Hotel in Cabo San Lucas for a little R&R on my own. Upon arrival Sandra was very friendly, offering me a recommendation for my tequilla induced hangover (pedialite), dinner recs & a rec to do the water taxi out to Lands End. Enjoyed pizza & beers one night in the courtyard and a killer beach party with Steve & Dave (a couple of her friends) on my last night. All in all, staying here made this a very special trip. Thanks Trip Advisor for making me aware of this GEM!!

• Stayed May 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
los angeles, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2005

When we walked into the serenity of Los Milagros from the craziness of Cabo, I thought we had landed in heaven. Here was this gorgeous oasis of tranquility, incense burning, candles everywhere, the most incredibly welcoming host, Sandra, it was absolutely charming and magical. The rooms were warmly decorated and very clean, and everyone at the hotel was accomadating. We found it hard to leave in the morning and found ourselves just loafing around the beautiful courtyard reading to the sound of the fountain. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I felt as if I were visiting family.

Debra Dion