“A new favorite”
Review of Los Milagros Hotel

Los Milagros Hotel
Ranked #45 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We kept our expectations low based upon the price; we believe 'you get what you pay for.' We were promptly greated by the owners and felt like we were at home the entire stay. By the third night, we knew almost everyone in the hotel as it was a very intimate, friendly environment. As far as extra amenities, it is very simple. There will be no hanging at the pool bar with dozens of people lounging, loud music and people serving you, but we definitely didn't miss that. The smell of the inscence, sound of the water from the fountain and feel of the inner gardens were relaxing. The close proximity to town was a plus. While the imidiate block wasn't the most appealing, we at no time felt unsecure. I have stayed at many other hotels in Cabo, including the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, Bahia, etc. I will stay here my next trip.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 September 2009

Los Milagros is beautiful - a little oasis of trabnquility away from the hectic spring breakers in Cabo san Lucas!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2009

If you read the other reviews that were not so favorable it is sad that people can not appreciate the offereings of Los Milagros. I like the "mom & pop" type hotels with fewer eminities. I feel like I am part of the culture and environment. The resorts are like any resorts world wide. We stayed at ME Cabo after other guests arrived. Very nice but not quaint. Sandra was reserved but responsive and not intrusive. We loved the hotel and it reminded us of New Orleans. It was clean, well kept and cozy. The music was soft and the pool was refreshing. I would go back in an New York minute, stay at Los Milagros, eat at Gordo's and drink the best margaritas at SHOTS just around the corner. A great location for those who are not total resort heads.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Los Milagros was our choice for our last three nights of a weeklong vacation to Los Cabos with our sons. Sadly, we made a poor choice. First, the good points. The location is very convenient for walking to the clubs, and the best food we had our entire stay was a few feet away at Gordo Lele's tacos. Worth every peso - don't miss it! Also, we needed a blender and Sandra, the owner/manager, let us use one for our stay. But the Inn was just not what we thought it would be. The "kitchenette" had a broken down refrigerator (the freezer compartment door fell off every time we opened the fridge), the cabinet doors made awful noises when you opened them, and there were not enough utensils or dishes to do anything but have coffee. The room was tiny and unpleasant to be in, and the air conditioner in the bedroom was so loud it kept us up nearly all night! The pool was dirty, small, and absolutely ice cold, so we just sat with our feet in it at the end of a long hot day in hectic Cabo. We have stayed in similar hotels in Hawaii and the proprietors were always extremely helpful; when we asked Sandra about deep sea fishing, she acted put out and exasperated when we asked for recommendations and a little help making a reservation. Once, when I went to ask her a question, she just walked on past me without even acknowledging me - I soon realized she had headphones on and I'm guessing this was intentional. She told my husband that she "does as little as possible," and sadly this was evident. She was just plain unapproachable, with a "don't bother me" air.
Cabo San Lucas also was not what I had experienced ten years ago - hookers and timeshare hawks and drug dealers approached us at least a dozen times a day. Our time in Cabo San Lucas was unpleasant, stressful and at times, miserable. We much preferred San Jose Del Cabo.
I had originally thought Los Milagros was a find, and a great deal. But for what it was, and what was offered, it was a ripoff. I would compare it to a hostel...and obviously, we would never, ever go back!
Sandra, if you are in the hospitality business....try making your guests feel welcome! Sheesh.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank RandynLori
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Great little place. I've stayed at many hotels in this area, along with big resorts. This place is quiet and qaint. No frills, but it's clean and cute. I loved all the candles lit at night, it felt very peaceful and relaxing. Located near everything, just not even a block away. In addition, it felt safe. Away from the crowds from the big resorts, with less rules and headaches. .....just a cute little get away.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2009

This was an extremely lovely place but so many odd quirks Minor ones were- we had no shower curtain, the light between the beds did not work and fell off the third day ,and the r emote never worked I truly think minor- did not bother us But the owner is so odd Rattled off some nonsense to me about how to work the wireless then was irritated that n oone understands her Gave me useless directions to the beach. There is no ICE we had to go daily to her private freezer to get a little here and theer and only after we asked But mostly-- there were speakers attached to the walls of th ebuilding! I sat in the lovely lovely surroundings listening to noise all day ,trying to read. Why does the world think it is ok to have noise There are many ways to listen t o your own music there isno way to listen t o quiet. Quiet should be the default. One afternoon ,only once, theer was noone at all there so I asked Sandra if she would turn off the music? And got my head bitten off WHY? NO! I won;t turn it off she said.

I explained the why was for quiet --apparently that is bizarre
Sorry but t oall those reviewers who say Sandra will do anything for her guests you are nuts This is an odd ball.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank IMPMAine
Reviewed 6 May 2009

We love this quiet little hotel! It is owned and operated by an american woman who is most helpful and pleasant. It is an oasis in the middle of everything. It is located within walking distance to all the sites downtown like the beach, the marina, cabo wabo, etc. The owner knows the best tucked away places to eat, places to see, and things to do. We had a much better time for way less $$ than at any of the big resort complexes. We found it best to contact the owner directly and she will give you advice about the logistics of your trip.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple