“Yummy Tacos - fresh made tortillas”
Review of Asi & Asado

Asi & Asado
Ranked #90 of 615 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Way more than tacos! Terrace, Bar and fine cuts.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Located on the service road is the Asi y Asado open air restaurant. There is parking on the street but if you miss them there is parking around back in a dirt lot.

You have to really look for them but be on the lookout for the red shutters and roof.

Excellent beef items from flank steak to rib eye. Fish and shrimp tacos are yummy

All is good.

Beware if you do not like spicy sauce heed the labels they place on the salsa bar. I like it spicy but some of them were too spicy for my wife.

My wife and I shared 7 tacos between us and we left full.

Highly recommended

Guy Fieri from Triple D was right to say this is a place to visit.

1  Thank C H L

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My brother and I ate here due to friend recommendation and TV and lets just say we ended up eating there three times in three days.
The food is fantastic. Great meats available on taco (flour or corn), hard tostada shell, or in an empinada. The meats are all fresh and delicious. We all loved the Barbacoa (shredded beef) so I would highly recommend that. Also the grilled chicken is great as well as the catch of the day. Salsa Bar is great, especially the pineapple salsa. The horchata was the best I have ever had. All for a very reasonable price.
We got lucky on the first day and made a great friend out of our waiter. He worked all three times we were there. So friendly and such a great guy with great recommendations on the food, we had to take pictures with him. This will no doubt be our first stop next time in Cabo!

2  Thank zachtuck
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I first visited Asi & Asado a few years ago based on a friend's recommendation. When we arrived, we noticed that most of the tables were occupied by locals. Families, working class, and businessmen doing their thing.
The food was great and the staff seemed to be deliberately focusing on us, the newbies, to make sure we knew what we needed to know and that we availed ourselves of all this place has to offer.
We were back in Cabo last month and made this our first stop. Yep, got off the plane and drove to Asi & Asado for lunch. As my wife said, "I don't care where we eat tomorrow, I want to go back to that place today".
Our experience was just as pleasant as the first time we visited.
It's not a taco "stand" as they are referred to on the east coast, it's an open air restaurant with 15 or so tables.
The service was equally friendly, welcoming, and efficient. The food was very good.
The salsa bar is unequalled.
It is hard for me to grasp some of the low marks that suggest a 40 peso taco is too expensive. Perhaps it is comparatively, but if you're looking for value, it is very easy to add 40 pesos worth of fixings and add-ons just from the salsa bar, if you're so inclined.
To me, the service is almost worth the price of the taco.

3  Thank WinnieC
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I tried different tacos. The most disappointing one was my chicken taco. It was a chicken breast on top of a tortilla which to me is not what an authentic mexican taco should look like. Yes they have a good salsa bar, but if your tacos are not all that great that doesn't really matter. The rajas and cheese taco was also very watery and left my tortilla very soggy. Wouldn't come here again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Guy fieri does NOT know taquerias. I was interested as I had seen this on ddd. So we went. Yes, the salsa bar is excellent. Yes, the meats are fresh and of good quality. Yes, it's clean and cheap.

However......all over California there exist taquerias for the bold, and taco trucks everywhere for the initiated. In the SF Bay Area, oakland specifically, I can think of two trucks and at least a half dozen taquerias with salsa on par with asi, and better and I mean BETTER corn tortillas. They griddle the tortillas, which brings out the best flavor.

Taqueria el Fagon in San Jose del Cabo is waaaay better. We were disappointed. We expected better.