“Delicious tacos made to order!”
Review of Asi & Asado

Asi & Asado
Ranked #89 of 558 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Grill
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Way more than tacos! Terrace, Bar and fine cuts.
Roseville, California
“Delicious tacos made to order!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Thanks to Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives on Food Network, we decided to try this little gem. It was a wonderful choice! We tried 4 different tacos - grilled shrimp, grilled fish, grilled chicken and Barbacoa (shredded beef). The barbacoa was, by far, the most flavorful, but everything was delicious. The tacos are presented to you plain on very fresh, yummy, tortillas (your choice of flour or corn). Then, you go to the "salsa" bar which has salsa and sauces and slaw and beans and other condiments to customize your taco to your liking. We liked it so much that we ordered extras to take back to our resort for dinner! Given the opportunity, we'd go back again and again!

• Visited August 2014

Connecticut
“Yummy Tacos - fresh made tortillas”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Located on the service road is the Asi y Asado open air restaurant. There is parking on the street but if you miss them there is parking around back in a dirt lot.

You have to really look for them but be on the lookout for the red shutters and roof.

Excellent beef items from flank steak to rib eye. Fish and shrimp tacos are yummy

All is good.

Beware if you do not like spicy sauce heed the labels they place on the salsa bar. I like it spicy but some of them were too spicy for my wife.

My wife and I shared 7 tacos between us and we left full.

Highly recommended

Guy Fieri from Triple D was right to say this is a place to visit.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank C H L
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Overall A+”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My brother and I ate here due to friend recommendation and TV and lets just say we ended up eating there three times in three days.
The food is fantastic. Great meats available on taco (flour or corn), hard tostada shell, or in an empinada. The meats are all fresh and delicious. We all loved the Barbacoa (shredded beef) so I would highly recommend that. Also the grilled chicken is great as well as the catch of the day. Salsa Bar is great, especially the pineapple salsa. The horchata was the best I have ever had. All for a very reasonable price.
We got lucky on the first day and made a great friend out of our waiter. He worked all three times we were there. So friendly and such a great guy with great recommendations on the food, we had to take pictures with him. This will no doubt be our first stop next time in Cabo!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank zachtuck
Virginia
“Are you going to believe me or the locals?”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I first visited Asi & Asado a few years ago based on a friend's recommendation. When we arrived, we noticed that most of the tables were occupied by locals. Families, working class, and businessmen doing their thing.
The food was great and the staff seemed to be deliberately focusing on us, the newbies, to make sure we knew what we needed to know and that we availed ourselves of all this place has to offer.
We were back in Cabo last month and made this our first stop. Yep, got off the plane and drove to Asi & Asado for lunch. As my wife said, "I don't care where we eat tomorrow, I want to go back to that place today".
Our experience was just as pleasant as the first time we visited.
It's not a taco "stand" as they are referred to on the east coast, it's an open air restaurant with 15 or so tables.
The service was equally friendly, welcoming, and efficient. The food was very good.
The salsa bar is unequalled.
It is hard for me to grasp some of the low marks that suggest a 40 peso taco is too expensive. Perhaps it is comparatively, but if you're looking for value, it is very easy to add 40 pesos worth of fixings and add-ons just from the salsa bar, if you're so inclined.
To me, the service is almost worth the price of the taco.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank WinnieC
Irvine, California
“Eh was ok”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I tried different tacos. The most disappointing one was my chicken taco. It was a chicken breast on top of a tortilla which to me is not what an authentic mexican taco should look like. Yes they have a good salsa bar, but if your tacos are not all that great that doesn't really matter. The rajas and cheese taco was also very watery and left my tortilla very soggy. Wouldn't come here again.

Visited July 2014