We recently spent a week at this resort in a studio room. We were in the brand new building (3 weeks old) so everything was nice and clean. The only problem we found was that noise came through the connecting doors. Also, the floors are tile and each time someone moved a chair in the unit above us we heard it. But aside from that, the units were lovely. They were quite spacious. We loved the way the bedroom faced the beach cove area. The patio doors opened almost all the way across the room making it feel like we were outdoors when we were in the bedroom. The unit was very well equipped with dishes, pots and pans. We had rented a car for the week, but we were sorry that we did. We had major difficulties with the rental company and in hindsight it would have been FAR cheaper to take taxis. It is only a 1 km walk along the road to the tourist corridor where we could have taken the local bus for next to nothing. They come along every 7 minutes according to people we met at the resort who used them daily. Taxis are readily available (10 dollars US each way to the grocery store and 20 to downtown Cabo). We spent quite a bit of time just hanging out at the resort around the pools and on the beach. The water at the beach was too cold to swim in but the sand was great! I found the pools to be a bit too cool for my tastes so I used the hot tub (which was not super hot) the most. The fire pit area was great for the evenings. There were always a few people there and it was great to chat with them and find out what they had done during their stay. We never ate at the restaurant at the resort, preferring to cook our own meals. People were complaining about the BBQ's not working properly though. We used a BBQ once but when we tried another day, both were out of service. The staff all seemed to be very friendly and they spoke fantastic English!! When we checked in, we had to talk to the Concierge (who of course wanted us to sign up for their time share presentation) but when we said we were not interested she did not push at all. Others we met had done the presentation and said they liked them because they limited them to the promised 90 minutes, were not high pressure and gave them great gifts in return. So perhaps we should have considered that option. Would we return? Hard to say. Even though we got a really good deal, I think we could have gone to an all inclusive place for about the same cost. But we did like the view and the room was very comfortable. The bed was terrific!! The only downside to this place was the small size (only about 64 rooms even with the new building) and the lack of places to walk. Since it is not in or near town, you can't just go out for a walk around for exercise. The gym they had was fantastic, but I do like to walk around the neighbourhood and that was not an option here. But I would not hesitate to recommend it if a person was looking for a nice place and did not care about it being a bit far from the action. It made for a relaxing vacation, aside from all the Mexican car rental issues!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is either ocean or garden view. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca and indoor Estrella Restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico