We always checked on Tripadvisor before booking any hotel and truly value the input of other reviewers. We just returned from cabo san lucas with family of four for 8 nights/9 days. We stayed 3 nights in Hilton Los Gabos Beach & Golf Resort, 3 nights in Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar, and 2 nights in Capella Pedregal based on TA’s recommendation and would like to share some of our thoughts.
We paid $311/night for Hilton, $278/night for Welk, $750/night for Capella. Based on our experience with these hotels, we would like to rank them as:
You can go to each hotel and see our reviews of them. But this is what we thought about Welk Del Mar.
- very small scale family type of resort. My 3-year old daughter made friends with other children from two other families in no time and she couldn't wait to go to the pool to meet her friends every day
- washer/dryer in the room so you always have freshly washed cloths to wear
- conveniently locates near Walmart, Costo. The resort has powerful commercial gas grill for guest to BBQ every day. We did hambuger the first night, and lobster and shrimp the second night. It was good!
- extremely kids friendly and super friendly and efficient staffs. We asked for extra towel, it took them 5 mins to deliver to our room. Trash was removed from our front door immediately after we left it. Kitchen staff provided us free ketchen up, mustard and foil for our BBQ. They truly tried to make our stay as convenient as possible
-while we are waiting for the valet to bring over our rental car, the bell boy offered us a beer.
- Free wireless internet
The not so good:
- the resort is not sitting in a very nice surrounding neighborhood. It was not easy to find from the highway.
- the resort basically has no beach. It sits on rocky shore and our kids were in the pool everyday
-it's not a luxury type of hotel and the furniture and linen are quite outdated
- the room is quite small and the heater does not work in the bedroom. It could be chilly middle of the night in Feb.
-no maid service daily. You will have to make your own bed
- the kitchen supply is quite limited
-food is so so from the kitchen but the staffs are great
Overall, it s a great family stay. But if you are traveling without kids and thinking of a romantic gateaway, don't want to cook and do laundry during your vacation, this place might not be a good choice for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is either ocean or garden view. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca and indoor Estrella Restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico