If you look hard enough you can find somethign wrong with anywhere you go. Same thing applies here, but there aren't very many things wrong with Sirena Del Mar. Currently they are working on a new building, so during daylight hours there is noise and activity, but I didn't notice it from our room or by the beach. Generally, we only noticed the noise walking from our room to the pool or whenever we were close by the construction site. It did NOT detract from our visit, from the nice pool, from the beach, from the view, and certainly not from the great staff that we always enjoy visiting with when we are there (this was our third stay here). I know they have had plenty of complaints about the noise, but we didn't focus on it and it didn't bother us. The views from every room are incredible, the pool is nice and cool, great on a hot day, and the grounds are kept nice and clean. There are a few things to keep in mind though, that I hope the resort is also thinking about:
The pool is not large enough for added people. When the place is full, there are barely enough chairs to go around and the pool gets crowded quickly. We noticed people going down early and putting stuff on chairs to "save" them for later, taking up space for quite a long time while they were somewhere else. Not the resort's fault, but possibly an opportunity to figure out a better use of space around the pool. Bartender attendance at the pool bar is sketchy at times, causing a longer wait than sometimes I would have liked. I made numerous visits to the room to "restock" when they were away for too long. The food in general is good, not great, but nothing I will complain about (my breakfast chicken enchiladas were excellent). The rooms are fantastic, with great views and nice appointments. It is not a "party" resort by any means but they do offer fun activities during the day.
Someone mentioned that it is hard to find, and I agree, but once you get the right landmarks it's easy from then on.
We have already reserved our week for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is either ocean or garden view. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca and indoor Estrella Restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico