This is my second visit to Cabo San Lucas. There is no comparison between Hacienda del Mar where I stayed last year and Sirena Del Mar. I wonder how this resort could possibly be rated #5 of 66 resorts in the Cabo area. Our stay was from 7/26 to 8/1. To begin, the Welks customer service representative who contacted me via email about our visit had the wrong dates of my arrival (the first of July instead of the end of July). That should have raised a red flag! Upon arrival, I requested a room with 2 queen size beds instead of 1 king because we decided to take my friend's 11 year old son at the last minute. I was told that there were none available. However, it was evident that resort was less than half full during our stay. It just happened we were able to see the room next door to us which was much larger and would have been better equiped for the addition of the young boy. The maintenace gentlemen showed the us the room next door when we asked about available rooms, not knowing what we had been told. We were given no consideration at all. The bartenders and other staff at the pool area were unfriendly, never approached us to offer drinks, not one time in all 6 days that we were there. The resort has only 1 restaurant which is outdoor tables. We ate two meals at their restaurant. We were nearly "carried away" by the flies and other bugs flying around our food and table. When we asked about getting rid of the insects, we were told that there was nothing they could do about it. At the pool on Sunday, they offered all the food that you could eat and drink for $38 per person. The food was good but when we went to the bar to order drinks, we were told that the drinks that we requested were not covered on the special. How can you advertise "all that you can drink" and then have exceptions without prior notification? So, we asked about cancelling the special on our tab. Since we already had had some food, we were not allowed to cancel. We got into a heated debate with the lead bartender which did no good except put a damper on our trip. So we had to pay $38 for 1 plate of food and also pay an additional charge for the drinks. Aparently this Resort knows nothing about customer service. There was no maid service offered so we cleaned our own room after borrowing cleaning supplies from the cleaning staff although we were charged $7.00 per day for who knows what!. The beach was a public beach so there were people with dogs that were doing their business around the area next to the Resort. (Draw your own conclusions from that statement). There were no chairs, umbrellas, towels or a bar at the beach area. This Resort should be rated at the bottom of the list instead of near the top. If I didn't love visiting Cabo so much, based on this experience I would never return. However, for those who read this, there are some really nice Resorts to accomodate a stay! This one is not one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious secluded 7-acre resort is perched on the cliffs of Cabo San Lucas corridor peninsula, with amazing views of El Arco. Every villa is either ocean or garden view. Whale watching Dec 15 - March 15. Sunbathing and swimming at private protected cove beach (no vendors permitted). Resort is ten minute drive to heart of Cabo San Lucas shopping and night life. Guest amenities: two infinity-edge pools and spa, swim-up bar, al fresca body massages, al fresca and indoor Estrella Restaurant and bar, ocean view fitness center, multiple planned activities for all age groups, game room, fire pit and mini-market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico