“Lovely Oasis”

Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
New York City, New York
“Lovely Oasis”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I've stayed at The Bungalows twice, both times with a group of 7 girlfriends for summer break. Really, it's a lovely little spot that's a short walk (~10 minutes) from the beaches, Squid Roe, gift shops, bars, etc. If I had to choose, my favorite thing about The Bungalows is that they serve free breakfast. I know it's a given since the place is a bed and breakfast, but the breakfasts were delicious! Fresh fruit agua frescas, great coffee blends, authentic and homemade dishes.

Very friendly staff, too. Ask for Erik! Friendliest manger and so accommodating. He even introduced us to a local restaurant called Patagonia. We had pitchers of cold sangria, perfectly marinated meat, rice, french fries -- it was a treat!

Also, there is a gelato store and crepes stand in the same strip of shops. I recommend stopping by. We also heard a lot about a place called The Office... I think it's a lounge/bar and apparently it's a nice spot to go to enjoy drinks. Would recommend checking that out as well.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank wander11ust

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Been going to Cabo since I was little (in college now), and this was one of my favorite stays so far. I went with my family and walking into the Bungalows was a surprise. My sister and I kept calling it "The Secret Garden", where you don't expect what you're going to see when walk through the gate. Everything is so colorful and tropical, instead of "deserty". Eric (one of the mangers there) kept my sis and I laughing the entire time. I felt totally comfortable going for a run in the area or in to town and beach. My dad and I loved all the pretty hammocks, which he said weren't there the last time he stayed at the Bungalows (he stayed once without us another time).

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LilHanz
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed at the Bunglows with 7 other girlfriends, and had an absolutely awesome experience. My friends and I looked forward to the AMAZING breakfast every morning, and were so delighted by the warm and welcoming staff (especially Erik). We walked everywhere; Squid Roe is only a ten minute walk and the beach is just 15 minutes away. We didn't use a taxi once. We went to the marina on several occasions after a day at the beach and I recommend going to Senor Sweets, BEST gelato ever! Highly recommend staying here if you are going with a big group of friends and want a convenient location, but also want somewhat of a peaceful oasis.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sara W
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I've always stayed at the beach areas, but after some coaxing from my husband who stayed at the Bungalows before w/ his fishing buddies, this stay has been the most relaxing stay so far in Cabo. Nice to get a way from the "touristy" aspects of Cabo, especially dealing with time share hassles. Even our teenage daughters loved it, and we always felt very safe walking into town, which was only a short distance (maybe 10 minutes or so). The people who work there, were extremely accommodating and helpful (not to mention, funny!). LOVED the food! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DRSac
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Bungalows is completely different than any other hotel we have ever stayed. It doesnt have the feel of a "big" resort or hotel because its not. From the very beginning I was impressed with the service. Every reservation is booked through the owner, Patricia, who is a joy to work with and very nice.

About the hotel - I would guess there is ~10-15 rooms here which allows the innkeepers to attend each guest and they are very attentive to the details. As my title hints, the beauty of this place IS in the details - everything from the unique architecture, the different-really comfortable chairs around the grounds, to the old fashioned phone that you hold with both hands, and the video lending library sets Bungalows apart. The innkeepers Maria and her son are always offering help with restaurant choices and arranged our return limo ($55) to the airport.

Its no wonder why this place got the Best of 2012 for Bargain hotels. With the price ranging from $75-$180/nt its no wonder. Top it all off, breakfast is included and its GREAT! During our stay we enjoyed french toast stuffed with cream cheese and macadamia nuts topped with carmalized banana's, fresh fruit, and a really good smoothie.

The only thing that isnt maxed in my review is location. Bungalows is walking distance to great eateries like Maro's, Mama Mia Pizza, etc (8 min), about 1 mile to the Marina (15 min), and about 1 mile to the beach (20 min). Definitely not a deal breaker, but be advised. This is also a benefit because there is virtually no noise at nights.

Room Tip: Try Mama Mia's pizza for delivery or Maro's for Lobster, Shrimp, and Steak for $15 when you...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Jan. 2012. We just wanted a relaxing vacation this year. We had our sites set on Cabo and saw the wonderful ratings for this hotel. The price high or low didn't even enter into our minds. We just wanted a Mexican style place that was peaceful. We had such a relaxing vacation! I read quite a few reviews before choosing this place. This year we were not interested in staying on the beach. This place is a walk to the beach. You do hear some street noise and a few dogs barking once in a while along with a rooster now and then,which I found quaint, but I took the advise of others by just putting the air conditioning fan on low at night and we had no issues. The grounds and rooms are impeccably kept, we had one with a patio, and all of the staff from the front desk to the kitchen which served those unbelievable breakfasts were wonderful. The new better website to see the place is at www.bungalowshotel.com.
It was our anniversary so our children emailed and they had champagne, fruit and chocolates for us and wouldn't take a dime from our children. Now that's customer service!

Go if you are looking for a tranquil, relaxing vacation with wonderful service.
The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is the location to the water and no TV access, although they had free movies and free WiFi. It really was only a 10 minute walk, which we enjoyed, but you need to know that before booking.
I have never had a more relaxing vacation!

Room Tip: I would highly recommend getting a room with private outdoor. We took a 2 bedroom which wasn't n...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank judyamateis
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed at the Bungalows April 2011. I wanted something different than the resort atmosphere and I got that and even more. The stay was wonderful. We were welcomed at the door like we were coming home. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I woke up each morning looking forward to the best breakfast in all of Cabo (or anywhere for that matter). I would highly recommend staying at the Bungalows even if it's just for one night.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family