“Best. Vacation. Ever.”

Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Oakland, CA
“Best. Vacation. Ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

The reviews and photos don't do this place justice. It was perfect!

Never in my life have I wanted to go to the same place twice, but I'm already dying to go back to Cabo and I would never waste my money at one of those resorts when I could go back home to the Bungalows. It was relaxing, beautiful, safe, clean, easy, charming, delicious, and beyond friendly! And Cabo was fun too, thanks to expert advise from the amazing staff at this hotel.

Thanks guys for making us feel at home and taking such excellent care of us during our stay!

Love - Crystal and Myra

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank MyMyOakland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I think I'd stay here again if I'm ever in cabo a second time. I don't understand any of the bad reviews it seems to me those people are looking for a 5-star all inclusive resort where you don't leave your room. If you want the comfort of being at home as we'll as also having the opportunity to experience some genuine piece of Mexico, I'd say this place is perfect! The staff were very welcoming and accommodating and were willing to bend over backwards to make my stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible! Thanks guys :)

5 Thank Janice12345144
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I had one of the best vacations I've ever had all in part to this hotel. I cannot say enough how amazing both the hotel and the staff are, it exceeded any and all of my expectations. Eric and the staff were like family, they greeted us with hugs every morning and catered to our every need. From start to finish the whole stay was fantastic it felt like our very own hidden oasis away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Cabo.

The bungalows started by organizing our transportation to and from the airport for our large group. We found them right off the flight with a sign for us. This was very helpful as it can get hectic with all the cab drivers coming up to you right off the flight, it made for an easy transition to the hotel. Upon arrival Eric greeted us, he is just great, he loves the hotel and wants everyone who gets to experience it to have a wonderful time. We were shown to our rooms, which I had seen the photos but they were even better in person. We did the patio suite, really enjoyed the hammocks and patio area it was great to hang out at during the day and at night.

The breakfast every morning is AMAZING, I looked forward to it every day! It starts with hot coffee, fresh fruit juices and a fruit plate, some days they even make an amazing smoothie. My favorite is Eric's cheese omelette with mushroom sauce, he even gave me the ingredients he uses so I can create it myself, although I don't think it will ever be as good! Even on my best friends birthday they brought her out a little dessert with a candle in it in the morning so we could sing Happy Birthday, its little touches like that that makes this place so very special. Anything you need whether it be tips for places to go or things to do Eric's the man he knows all and will point you in the right direction.

The pool area is also a very relaxing spot, make sure you grab the paper or a coffee one morning and hang out there its very peaceful.

Every day we went out for excursions and what not and always came back to spotless rooms, the cleaning staff was on top of it the whole week we were there and that's the best because we all know how much sand you can carry back with you from the beach.

If you stay at the bungalows PLEASE do yourself a favor and go to Joe's Cafe/Garden its the pizza spot down the road and it is cheap and delicious! They also have the best sushi and sashimi. I had read a review on here from somewhere before about it and went ahead and tried it and I'm telling you the best sashimi I've ever had, and pizza's. Its family owned and Joe was so kind to us.

I would pick a hotel like this above a resort any day, do yourself a favor and experience the Bungalows Hotel for yourself.

6 Thank TaylorAllen
Chugiak, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

If you are looking for impersonal opulence and partying, go with a big resort but if you want the best, most beautiful, most personal place to stay in Cabo; this is the place. Fantastic owners and staff, wonderful food, great rooms, this is a quiet, well run retreat from the hectic downtown atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Shipj0
Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Bungalows, the facilities themselves are great, stylish spacious rooms with everything you could need, including plenty of hammocks!

There is a lovely and breakfast area, breakfast is great with fresh fruit, smoothies, coffee, pancakes and lovely service from the friendly staff.

Great location, only a short walk away from anything you may need.

Thanks for a great holiday!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Exceeded our expectations and we would definitely stay here again! Staff (Eric and Beto) were awesome, great service and a hug every morning!! Breakfast was to die for - couldn't wait for it every morning.

The guys gave us some great recommendations for restaurants and they were also very helpful in reserving activities for us.

The 'bungalows' (i.e. rooms) were very well kept and had everything you could need. The only downside (although this was a bonus in my opinion) was that the TV didn't have any channels, but they more than made up for it with a huge selection of DVDs in reception.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michael W
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Made reservations based on reviews and was not disappointed. Will be back next year. Much better than the sterile big resort hotels. Very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms are like small bungalow.....hence the name? Beautiful, quaint courtyard.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple