“Highly recommend”

Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Caratunk, Maine, United States
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We're so glad we chose the Bungalows for our 2-night stay in Cabo. The service was exceptional and the staff could not have been more friendly or attentive. A warm welcome from Ali and a glass of iced juice on arrival were perfect to refresh us from a day of travel. The room was lovely - air-conditioned and plenty of bottled water in the refrigerator. The breakfast was to die for - incredible! We walked all over to the shops and marina. Staff recommendations for dinner were perfect - delicious local food at a reasonable price. Then back to the Bungalows for a refreshing swim where we were served another glass of the wonderful iced juice. We will absolutely go back here. Many thanks to Ali and Eric for a perfect getaway!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My first trip to Cabo and the Bungalows was a great pick to stay in. The Staff is very friendly make you feel at home.. I loved my morning breakfast from the beautiful patio loved I would most definatley go back again and stay here. I would reccommend this location to everyone

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at this boutique hotel for 4 nights. We selected this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews and this hotel still exceeded out expectations. It's not luxurious, but everybody there treat you like royalty. The hotel is within walking distance to the Marina and there are some shops and restaurants a few blocks from the hotel too. Breakfast are home cooked and excellent. Everybody in the hotel went out of their way to make sure we had a good time: from ordering a birthday cake to drying our scuba gear. I'd definitely stay at this hotel if I go back to Cabo.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have troubles with stairs, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

This place is great!! Great family atmosphere with an in town location. The staff is great. Daily breakfast was excellent. The pool area is very quaint and a great way to spend the afternoon. I recommend renting a car so that you can go to beaches and explore.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eric W
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed at the Bungalows based on a recommendation from a friend and I was not disappointed. Folks, I certainly recommend this hidden gem in Cabo. Hats off to Erik and Beto and Aletse. This is a great place, owned and run by a local family! An amazing place with charm and grace. Very clean and incredible service from the minute you step in the door. I will be back! Close to everything and they serve an amazing breakfast every morning! The price was more than reasonable, and if you take in the local charm and restaurants nearby, your vacation will not only be very enjoyable, but very cost effective…far less than an “all inclusive” owned by some corporate conglomerate !

Worth a visit and a stay! I give it four out of five snowballs! HaHa!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank minus30
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I did extensive research to choose a place to stay in Cabos. I wanted to avoid an all inclusive and stay in a place that let me experience the culture, while supporting a local business. At the same time, my needs were tranquility, beauty and value. As a solo, I was also encouraged about the reports of safety and how customers are treated like family.

From my first communication with The Bungalows, I knew that I was valued and appreciated. With all the excellent reviews, I was more than excited to travel to this property. When I stepped through the gate, I knew that I would have everything I hoped for the stay and more. A huge welcome, hug and help right away, followed by incredible attentiveness.

I was very early to arrive and yet put in my room quickly. My suite was immaculate, spacious and finished in tasteful local decor. The pool was lovely - a great place to catch sun and meet friendly people from all over the world. (We always chatted about how much we were loving our stay at The Bungalows!). The courtyard was colourful and welcoming while the breakfast area was charming and serene. The breakfasts, which are included in your stay, were healthy and delicious. With small kitchenettes in all rooms, there was the additional convenience of accessing cold drinks and food during the day.

The location was excellent - about two blocks to the start of downtown. In addition, when just wanting to hang out, there were two convenience stores within half a block. By the way, bottled water is provided by the Bungalows and fresh fruit plus coffee are available all day. Also enjoyed all the DVDs available to watch in the comfort of your suite. (And did I mention that everything the hotel provided, including wifi, is at no extra cost?)

Erik and his family call their hotel "your home away from home. I was treated like a cherished family member and I felt my surrounds were amazing. After touring or going to the beach, I was more than wanting to get back to the peace and warmth of my Cabos home. Would go back to the Bungalows in a heartbeat! Can't wait to bring my friends and family to stay. The property is gorgeous, the value is phenomenal and the personal service can't be beat!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank LiteNorth
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I spent a week at The Bungalows Hotel celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary in March and we loved every single bit of it!!!! Erik, Aletse, Beto and all of the rest of The Bungalows family were so lovely and accommodating and their hospitality was impeccable!

After a long day of travel from Florida, we received the warmest welcome from Erik and settled into the Honeymoon Suite right away. The room was perfect and had a beautiful view! It was clean and felt like home, we couldn't have asked for anything more. Everyday we spent time in the hammock and enjoyed the privacy of this special place.

Our room was perfectly clean with fresh towels everyday without fail and the king size bed was super comfortable. We utilized the kitchen and fridge for snacks and drinks and fresh drinking water was replenished everyday.

Breakfast was amazing! :) French toast, breakfast burritos, waffles, omelets and more... Their version of eggs benedict is to die for! And the fresh fruit, smoothies and juices were delicious and refreshing! We spent time by the pool and met other guests who I think enjoyed their stay as much as we did.

It's a short walk to town and the marina. Erik recommended wonderful restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Every single excursion that Erik set up for us went off without a hitch! We took water taxis, sunset cocktail cruises and visited Todos Santos and Cerritos Beach.

We can't wait to visit again! The authenticity and quaint and cozy feel were exactly what we were looking for! Anyone who doesn't give The Bungalows a try are underestimating their stellar hospitality and uniqueness.

If you're looking for a home away from home, this is the place to be! Without a doubt, our most favorite vacation designation to date.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple