“AVOID Unit 150! (owned by Amber & Larry Speckman)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cabo San Lucas
Terrasol Beach Resorts
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Terrasol Beach Resort is an amazing complex in Cabo and we have stayed here three times in recent years. Our first two stays were fantastic but our last stay (Dec. 2011-Jan.2012) was a real disappointment as Unit 150 was a dump! Because each condo is privately owned, the units vary greatly and we learned the hard way why this unit had no reviews.
Unit 150 (La Perla) has been very poorly maintained and the owners greatly exaggerated what was included in the unit. We tried to communicate with owners about their "false advertising" but they were not willing to discuss this with us. We posted an honest review of the property on VRBO (that is where we rented it through) and the owners promptly removed their ad and have now posted it again with a new number (#402756).
We would highly recommend Terrasol (and would suggest renting a unit with multiple reviews about the unit and not just Terrasol's fabulous location) but would never recommend Unit 150 and would definitely not deal with Amber and Larry Speckman.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
16  Thank ldoCalgary_AB_Canada

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Recently returned from five days at Terrasol #122 in Cabo San Lucas and found it to be a great choice. Neither Terrasol, nor this unit, are what I'd consider luxury accomodations and may not be for everyone, but the value is outstanding and the location right on the peaceful and uncrowded beach makes for a relaxing setting. The owners were also easy to work with.

The unit is a bit dated and could use a little trim paint and more comfortable living room furniture, but is generally in very good condition. These minor points did nothing to diminish our ability to enjoy the place and for the money this spacious, homey, immaculately clean unit represents great value. The bedrooms are large, the beds comfortable, there is plenty of space for a family of four or two couples, the kitchen is well appointed and the location with the large & private terrace directly on the beach is as good as it gets at Terrasol. Proximity to the heated pool area is also very good.

There was a bit of construction noise when we were there from the neighboring resort to the north but nothing too terribly loud. If you are very sensitive to this you might want to inquire however.

Terrasol itself is no-frills, with a couple of pools and one restaurant/bar that serves reasonably priced and decent food for breakfast and lunch, along with ice cold cerveza. The grounds are very clean and the location makes for a reasonable 15 or 20 minute walk to town. Cabs were available right outside the main gate. The location might be a bit isolated outside of the nightlife mainstream for some but for most people I'd think it would be just fine. Note that the beach the resort is on is not appropriate for swimming, as the waves are quite large with persistent undertow. It is in other respects a fine beach and we enjoyed watching the surf roll in quite a bit.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this unit at Terrasol and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure you see interior photos and get an updated, well-maintained room as they vary greatly at T...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank svicious22
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Spent 2 weeks in unit #170 - a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom condo.

Pros:

- Large unit, in good condition,
- Comfortable beds,
- Awesome patio,
- Hi-Speed Wi-Fi and Voip,
- by the quiet pool with unobstructed view of the beach,
- Sat. TV and large flat panel TV (not that you should be watching too much TV in Cabo),
- Rent direct from owner (vs. property manager), which in this case was good as the owner responded to issues,

The Cons (or what needs some attention):

- The appliances were old and in need of attention - in specific, the fridge was very noisy, the washing machine broke (but was repaird while we were there), the dishwasher leaks a little and the racks inside are shot - the stove/oven were fine;
- Many lights throughout the unit were burnt out and we didn't have any replacements to fix this,
- A mop and bucket (along with some floor cleaner) would be nice,
- Some basic miscellaneous items would be nice (paper towel, more toilet paper),
- There was some sort of sewer backup on a few occasions (which I am pretty sure was more of a complex issue than an individual issue (this is where the mop and bucket would have helped).

Summary:

Overall we were very happy with the unit and its ammenities. I would stay in this unit again. The location is great, Terrasol staff are very helpful and are willing to assist where possible. If you are looking for a quiet, no-frills place to stay, then this is your place. If you are looking for a party, with lots going on, I would suggest next door at the Playa Grande. For me, Terrasol is perfect.

I would have given 5 stars if the appliances were in better order, and if the unit was equipped with some more cleaning equipment.

Room Tip: Be sure to read reviews of the unit you are looking at - unit quality varies depending on the owner!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Flyer2012
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I love the beautiful view and wonderful staff. The decor is nice with new looking appliances. I would definitly recomend this rental!

Room Tip: 219 has one of the best views in the complex
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I just ahd a chance to return fome my vaction of two weeks at unit 219 at Terrasol, cabo san lucas.

I had read a review that wasn't very complimentary and I had to comment. First, this unit has one of the best views of the beach and ocean in cabo. A beautiful patio that overlooks the pool and then the Pacific ocean.The unit was newly painted in fresh subdued colors, and the owner had just installed a brand new 40in flat screen tv and a new dishwasher!!..

The linens were clean and plenty of towels. The staff at terrasol are very helpful and they really just warmed our hearts. I cant wait to go back!. The owner has been super nice and we cant wait to go back. My daughter is planning her summer vaction and we are lookig to rent this unit again this summer. Its like our new homeaway from home...

Its hard to book, but we loved it!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a smuch info as possible. these units are reall diamonds!!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Just back from a superb vacation in Cabo, first on the waterfront in a gorgeous unit (#123) at Terrasol and then at the spectacular new Grand Solmar.
Many thanks to Timmy Vanny for putting us in the newly renovated, one bedroom, waterfront condo at Terrasol - it couldn't have been more perfect! The entire condo is done in travertine stone, granite, and beautiful woods. With high-speed Internet included, the condo also has two flat-screen TVs, a washer, dryer, dishwasher, new stainless steel kitchen appliances, and lovely furnishings. The bed is superb! From the very large, shaded and private patio, we watched whales breaching, with the small ones doing flips, schools of dolphins, flocks of pelicans skimming the water, birds diving and fish jumping. This is one of the few units in condo with clear views of both the sunrise and sunset right from the terrace!
Timmy stayed in contact during our entire stay, making sure that everything was perfect - which it was.
Following our stay at Terrasol, we moved down the beach to the New Grand Solmar, where we stayed in a huge and beautiful one-bedroom condo on the 6th floor, with incredible views down the length of the wide Pacific beach. The restaurant, La Roca, situated under a palapa right on the water's edge, is excellent. Our afternoons at any of the three large infinity pools on the beachfront came with fruit smoothies, rum drinks, great food and service, and massages were available on the spot. A shuttle runs continuously to the sister resort, Playa Grande, where activities abound, and will deliver guests to several restaurants in the evening. Everyone we talked to was blown away by the way the resort has turned out.. . .even better than expected.
Both of these properties are situated on a wide, private beach on the Pacific side of Cabo San Lucas. It is wonderful to be able to walk into town and around the marina to restaurants and attractions each day, then escape back to the quiet resort(s) behind the famous rocks next to Lover's Beach and the Arch.
For the past 19 years, we have traveled to Cabo from Virginia, and despite the distance, have found this to be our very favorite vacation spot.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2012

What a wonderful experience. I found unit 220 through VRBO #325980 and I learned that 220 is rarely available to rent as it's owner is very particular about whom she matches her Cabo home to. It was a perfect fit for me, I wanted location and peace and that's exactly what I got. You will see from looking at Terrasol that it is different, the units are owned and Terrasol itself is small, tucked among the mega time shares. Town and the marina are a pleasant walk away. If you are loaded with shopping, grab a cab for that uphill return. Once deposited at Terrasol's reception hall, ask for assistance and you will be zipped to your condo in a golf cart with your treasures. I found all the staff with broad smiles, early morning laughs and very willing to help with anything I could imagine. I learned that rental car companies (Payless with Fidel) will deliver and pickup your rental at Terrasol, a welcome relief from running the gauntlet at the airport or in town.

220 is 'old style' and very comfy with it. Everything works - and it has all the amenities. From 220's balcony which runs the length of the condo and faces the pool and sea you get all day sun and a view to the whales, dolphins and seals dancing. It took me a double look to figure out the little sea rays hop out of the water, too! From the balcony I was in my own private space, veiled by fuschia and orange bougainvillea. When I wanted it, the pool and swim up bar and Palapa cafe were there for me. For me, Terrasol is for the relaxed. The bar closes at 5:30pm so you go to town if you want to party on - or stay somewhere more suited to late night revelry. The visitors staying here were a mix of US, Canadian and Europeans, mostly older, what I call silver backs and all friendly.

Room Tip: The master bed is divine!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends