“Be very clear what you are expecting before booking here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cabo San Lucas
Terrasol Beach Resorts
bayarea
“Be very clear what you are expecting before booking here”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Terrasol is a conclave of individually owned condominiums so the spectrum is quite wide. We stayed in #216. Avoid #216. Absolutely under no circumstances, work with Rock Star Rentals or anyone associated with them. Please read this whole review to get a fair picture of the Terrasol property and staff.
We booked unit #160 three months in advance. I had numerous correspondences with our agent. Up until Sunday at 4:30 pm (we were checking in the following Monday) our agent assured us there was not any problem. At 8:06 pm on Sunday we finally received an email from the agent saying there was an "overlap" in the reservation and we would not have access to unit #160 but instead were sent over to unit #216. I immediately sent back an email asking questions but (big surprise) suddenly their internet server was down and I had multiple emails kicked back until we were boarding the airplane the next day.
Our main concern was we have 2 beds in the second bedroom as our son and daughter are 19 and 17 years old so would not be sharing a bed. Unit #216 did not have the 2 beds in the 2nd bedroom as we originally requested 3 months back. The only offered compensation was to have 4 condo cleanings instead of 1. And big surprise, we only received 2 during the week.
We had no choice but to check into #216 so here is the list of issues with this unit: 1) Only 1 bed in the 2nd bedroom, 2) No working air conditioning, 3) The pull-out couches were both disgusting with rusted hardware and soiled/dingy mattresses, 4) When I turned on the shower the next morning the shower head fell in to the bathtub broken, 5) No hot water, 6) The dishwasher leaked so bad it was un-useable, 7) The remote controls that controlled the ceiling fans did not have batteries, 8) The bedding and pillows on the 2 beds were gross, 9) The TV/Satellite was not working, 10) There is not a screen door in the master bedroom or screens on 2 of the windows so if you open them at night to get a cross-breeze to compensate for the lack of AC, then you have mosquitoes to deal with, and 11) Sliding glass door and screen door from the living room are barely useable and need to be fixed or replaced.
That night we went to WalMart and bought 3 sets of bedding and pillows. This wasn't cheap but was necessary to feel confident we were protecting ourselves as much as possible from the bedding. We suffered through the night with the heat and in the morning were treated with a cold and broken shower. We were heading up to La Paz to snorkel with the whale sharks so I left Carlos (front desk) with most of the above list to work on while we were gone. When we returned that evening we at least had hot water and a second hand shower head that allowed us to take a shower. Mid week they replaced the second-hand shower head with a new one.
Carlos and the staff at Terrasol worked during the week to fix the TV/Satelite. I think they were receiving some guidance from the condo owner Bernie but at the end of the week we still had no air conditioning even in the 85 degree heat. I don't blame Carlos and the staff at Terrasol. I think they did what they could.
I do think the booking agent knew all along they were going to make the switch from unit #160 to 216? How could they not know until 8pm the night before we were to arrive unless they are totally incompetent? Why they decided to make the switch can only be speculative but definitely it wasn't ethical.
If our condo unit would have been acceptable then we would have really enjoyed the Terrasol location. I think a lot of other condos in the area are updated and have working equipment. The beach is quiet and is not covered with irritating vendors. It is very easy to walk from Terrasol to the Marina area, the malls and the restaurants in between.
We enjoyed eating at the local restaurants, snorkeling, scuba diving, cooking classes, spa treatments, fishing and other activites that I'll review in separate reviews you can see under my account.

Room Tip: Avoid the booking agent and go right to the condo owner through vrbo.com. Ask for examples of how m...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank TooOldtosurf

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Charlotte, MI
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My husband and I stayed in the unit over Thanksgiving week. It was our first visit to Cabo and we both thought it was one of the most beautiful places we have ever been. Terrasol location is perfect. We walked to dinner every night and usually walked about the Marina each morning. The views from both the front deck and the roof top deck were wonderful. We never turned on the air conditioner because with just the screen doors, you can enjoy the sound of the waves to put you to sleep. Carlos was great in making dinner reservations for us as well. Always had a perfect table. We would definetly go back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carol P
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Well let me tell you Craig Harrison is great. It was a last minute trip planned the day before we arrived the penthouse has views dreams are made of. The staff is great, food great, close to all the marina and downtown. If you want to stay in a true 5 Star house this is the place for you.
HIGHLY recommended.
Any questions please ask

Thanks Craig

Room Tip: Penthouse its great
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sdearles
Lethbridge
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Well where do I start?? Lets start with the Good, That only seems fair,
Communication with Craig Harrison was excellant, The location of the Terrasol is fantastic, The views are incredible, BUT don't let Craig fool you this is NOT beach front, it is beach view, anyway more on that later, The staff at the terrasol are very good, Carlos did what he could with what he had, The staff down stairs in the dining area is very good, and the food is quite good. Having wireless internet and shaw satellitte were excellant bonus'

The Bad..
Well Craig states his condo is beach front, when in fact it has a good view ( typical realtor marketing). Craig also mentioned he had a professional property management person come in and evaluate his propertys, to be polite she must have been drunk when evaluating it.
The stove didn't work while we were there except for 1 burner, ( that got repaired) the stove fan didn't work, and never did get repaired, The water pressure in the shower was the worst I had ever experienced, The washer in the condo was awful, and it stopped working completley, this did not seem to be a big concern to the owners.

The Ugly

Well here is where it really gets bad, and keep in mind there is only so much the owners have control in some instances, The condo LEAKS perfusley, yes you have to understand that concrete quiality in Cabo isn't the best, but after reviweing our issues with other condo tennents our place had to be the worst of the bunch, we were up ALL NIGHT one night literally bailing the place out, with water pouring in the balcony doors, when craig was made aware of this he offered to have us stay at his bed and breakfast, so.. That showed me how much he cared about his condo, If we hadn't of stayed everything in the condo would have been ruined, He didn't even offer us any help, about 4 in the afternoon, after the storm had passed the maids came and cleaned, The looks on thier faces were complete horror, and of course I HAD TO PAY FOR MAID service. And when I brought the balcony doors up to some other tenants they didn't have this issue, So my conclusion is poor maintenence, and lack of caring by the owners, In conclusion... I feel bad for giving the resort a 2, when in fact the resort deserves a 4 and the ownwers deserve a minus 1 ( Craig did give me a bottle of wine as compensation) He also offered a discount on future stays, I would stay at the Terrasol again, I just wouldn't stay at a property owned by the Harrisons again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank jjcanuck
cabocraig, Owner at Terrasol Beach Resorts, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Well, where does one start ................... firstly, I thank YOU [TA-Reader] for taking the time to allow me to give you "my version" !!! Like a Republican refuting assertions of a Democrat [or vice versa], and I am a South African, I hope to convince you, that I, the owner, cares ................... but also that we always "go the extra mile" to make sure our clients have a wonderful Cabo-stay .............. for me, "this is very, very personal". It is in my DNA !!

Let me start by saying that one cannot please all the people, all of the time !! Like AVIS - "we try harder" - but even we are human - and probably far from perfect.

The above [complaint] renter occupied our unit from October 4-18. I can tell you that the next renter [following week] loved EVERYTHING about our condo - I am not allowed by TA to insert their "thanks" - but if you email me, I will give you both their "words of praise" and their email [to check authenticity] !!

We own an INN in Cabo - we received the prestigious "Best INN on the Baja Award for 2012" from TA ......... and we are one of the Top-20 in Mexico. Again, I cannot put the name down here. We have 149 Reviews, 99% of them 5-star Does it seem logical to you, that we would do what we were asserted to have done [neglect a client] here at Terrasol, when we have a 100-% flawless record over 11 years with TA and our INN ??

I looked through every Trip Advisor Terrasol review - there have been 5 of our unit - Nov09/12, June 27/12, Nov 16/11, Feb 4/07, Sept27/07 and Apr 3/06. These were all 5-star, ecstatic renters. Check out the latest one [Nov '12] about out Penthouse and my "attention to detail".

OK, there is no part of my web-site or my Confirmation Emails that says that we are "Beach-Front", I believe the renter is confused, and the term he is looking for is "Ocean-Front" [which means that there is nothing between the condo and the ocean]. What I say on the web-site, my communications, is that our condo is built "on the beach" - which is a fact, if you look at two of the photos on VRBO, you will see that the entire resort is built "on the beach", which is 1 mile long and about 200M deep where Terrasol is ?? For the record, we are the largest 1BR condo out of all, we have the largest main deck of all 1BR's AND, we are the only condo with a Private Roof Deck with 3609-degree views of both oceans, marina, Cabo and whales !! We have a combined 1500 sq. ft, most 1BR's are less than 1000 sq. ft. Our 2-Bedroom is larger than not only all other 2-BR's by about 1000 sq. ft., it's larger than all but 1 3BR, which happens to be our Penthouse at 4400 sq. ft. !!

Now, I had numerous emails back and forth with this renter, EVERY TIME there was an email, I responded with action, solutions, telephone calls, immediately and I am talking within minutes, not hours - I take this seriously, it is my livelihood.

Part of the problem, starting August 12th, we had a LOT of rain. It almost never rains in Cabo - we go some years with 1 or 2 rains, 2 or 3 inches. Put in perspective, we had more rain between Aug 12 and October 18th this year, than we had in the previous 15 years combined - and concrete here is quite simply not of a code or density, that allows it to deal with that sort of sustained rain/water. His frustration built when the Hurricane hit - and "there were leaks". This renter told me that his friend staying in a Penthouse at a Cabo resort, had huge leaks, I spoke to the GM of Terrasol, lots of leaky condos, our villa leaked, I run a Real Estate business here, and I could recount 100's of condos, villas [many multi-million-$ properties] - that leaked !!! And once the sun comes out - within hours, they are dry - and the margaritas flow.

Again, during this entire stay, ALL items that were raised were dealt with [except the washer-dryer, which is now fixed], it took us a week to get the part required from the mainland. Think New Jersey - Sandy and FEMA ??!! It was a Hurricane, for goodness sake, obviously things could not be "perfect" or close thereto.

To the final point raised that the renter felt a "lack of caring" by the Owner, that's me ....... that I never came around, I was in San Jose at the time, so could not, but I got his email at 7.51am, asking for bucket and mop, by 8.01am, I had called Terrasol, they told me that maids had already been dispatched and were in my condo, with mops and buckets [as they were apparently in about a dozen other condos, huge rains the previous two days] - and I had confirmed this to him by return email. Not only that, but I still offered to move him to our [much more expensive] villa in Cabo .................... he never acknowledged this email to me ?? I also sent him links to NOAA [Hurricane-Alerts] with details of the storm, in the middle of the hurricane

Thank God most people have never seen rain in Cabo [again, we are a desert - it almost never rains here]. Most people appreciate the care and attention that we put into our condos and this renters' profanity relative to our Property Manager friend [used the F-word in our communication], I did not appreciate - but figured it was his frustration at the rain - and let it go. I dealt with the problems he brought to my attention, found solutions and personally took him his requested Chateauneuf-du-Pape [I was a wine-merchant of distinction in a previous life].

In closing, notwithstanding the above, I do apologize to this renter, it was a difficult time for everyone in Cabo, however, the sun has shone, like it always does, since he left .............. we are the only Homeowners in Terrasol, that also live here in Cabo and are on hand to deal with problems if and when they occur, as long as we know about them. Every renter of ours receives not only our email, but all our phones and cellular numbers [Mexican & US for their convenience]. I thank the hundreds of our past renters who continue to return to our wonderful unit with unique private roof-deck, year after year - and who appreciate it !! We already have 68 days booked between Jan 1, 2013 and the end of next April and I am pleased to report that almost 1/2 of those are yes, "return clients" - go figure !! Again, one cannot please ALL the people ALL the time, thankfully, most are very happy, or at least that's what they continue to tell us - with their repeat reservations ..
................. !!

Thank you for taking the time to hear us out. Craig Harrison
St. Louis,MO
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed at Terrasol July 7-14. This has been our fourth transaction with VRBO but was our first visit to Cabo San Lucas. Within a couple of hours after contacting Brandon (the VRBO listing agent)via e mail, I received not only a confirmation of dates available, but a couple of different maps of the area as well as information on transportation to and from the airport. All transactions were smooth, professional and prompt.

Unit 221 exceeded our expectations. While the photographs on VRBO are fair and accurate, the unit appeared even larger and spacious in person. There were five adults in our party which may have felt crowded in other circumstances, that was never the case here. Each room had its had its own bathroom (2 rooms had en-suite bathrooms, the third room had a hallway bathroom), a/c and tv. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Despite more than one shower in use at any given time, hot water was always abundant. Kitchen was well stocked with all condiments, accessories and supplies. Appliances were all modern and new. Everything in unit was updated including all furnishings, hardware, fixtures, flooring and tile. Washer and dryer were incredibly handy and an added convenience.

The exterior blends in with the surrounding environment. It is not laden with palm trees attempting to create an artificially lush landscape. Not completely stark as there are hedges around the first floor buildings and sidewalks . The parking area is at the entrance near the gate. There are several manicured sidewalks/trails leading to the units, which lends additional assurance of an extremely quiet resort. Our unit was near the larger of the complexes two pools. The pool was large and immaculate. While the sun can get intense, there are several umbrellas which can be maneuvered to create shade. While I typically do not indulge in swim up bars, this one was impossible to resist. The sitting stools were under a shaded palapa. Drinks were always good and service excellent. I did not plan to eat at the complex, however after diving all morning it was too tempting. The food was very fresh and reasonably priced.

The location was the reason we chose this unit. It puts you close to the restaurants and shops in the marina, yet felt like an escape from everything. No crowing roosters, nightclub music or cars/motorcycles. Both Bibi and Brandon were a pleasure to deal with in e mails and in person. Upon arrival there were there to greet us and show us around the unit. We were provided with numerous maps and helpful restaurant recommendations.

Room Tip: Pack an inflatable beach ball. We had a blast in the pool playing volleyball.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank jkjohnson1
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed 6 July 2012

For our first trip to Mexico, we sure were spoiled!!

We stayed in condo 125, right on the beach, two bedrooms, two baths and a nice kitchen and sitting area. Our unit was also right near the pool and swimup bar/cafe. The unit was equipped with everything that we needed from towels, sheets, to anything you could/would need in the kitchen. We arranged for our shuttle service from the airport to stop at Walmart on the way in, which was a great idea so that we didn't have to carry groceries at all. Our driver even came in with us and helped us pick out our groceries. We booked everything through Rockstar Rentals and would use them again anytime!

The Terrasol is in the perfect location. Each morning we woke up to the sound of whales and enjoyed a cup of coffee on the beach watching the fisherman and cruise ships come in. The food at the cafe is very good and reasonably priced. Also, Victor at the bar is a pleasure and greeted us each day. I swear that man works around the clock. His drinks are like none other! It was nice that we could pack up some food too and eat it at the beach or pool. The beach is private in that there are no vendors. We also enjoyed how quiet it was near the pool and on the beach, since the Terrasol is a smaller unit we enjoyed how close-nit everything felt.

We really appreciated being able to walk ANYWHERE in Cabo from our unit. Strolling down the private beach, you have access to other hotels/resorts. It is also about a 5-10 min. walk into town for some awesome restaurants and bars. No meal we ate in town was a disappointment! We really enjoyed watching the Super Bowl at the Cabo Cantina. We did take a boat taxi one day to the public beach, which was fun, but I was glad that we had a private beach as we were overwhelmed with people trying to sell us stuff ALL DAY.

The weather was perfect, the people are lovely and always made us feel welcomed. Before we left I had done some research and was a little worried about the security, but we never felt like that was an issue, even walking back to our resort late at night after being out at the local bars. Just use your judgement people! We went to Cabo Wabo, but during the day to try to avoid the madness, I think it's a bit overrated from the quality of the food and drinks. Stick with the local bars and restaurants and you won't be sorry!!

We will definitely go back soon!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beens33
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Just returned from staying at Terrasol unit 236, and I couldn't be happier. It has a large balcony with great views of one of the two pools and ocean. It also has the only roof top deck in Terrasol which has beautiful views of the marina.........especially at night! The unit is well appointed with everything you would need for a comfortable stay, and upon our arrival was sparkling clean. It is decorated with really cute Mexican accessories. The resort is older but is absolutely beautiful, and very well kept. It's a very easy walk to the marina and town, which can get a little crazy. It was so nice to come back to the peacefulness of the private beach of Terrasol. The owners, Craig and Lori Harrison were awesome to work with, always getting right back to me whenever I contacted them. If you stay here, be sure to make friends with Mario at the swim up bar, he
makes the best margaritas in Cabo. I spent two days researching condos in Cabo. This unit is
one of the best deals in Cabo!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple