“The place to stay in Cabo San Lucas”

and 1 more site!
Castillo Blarney Inn
Ranked #14 of 27 Cabo San Lucas B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed for a week in January; the room was spacious, clean and airy. The view is great; Brian and his staff are wonderful. Upon arrival, Brian brought us a couple of beers and gave us a brief orientation of the hotel, how to get into town, and how best to negotiate with cabs back at night. A full breakfast was provided every morning, and there are water dispensers in the rooms. Because Castillo Blarney is off the beaten path you'll never be harassed by anyone to purchase anything, and you will genuinely feel relaxed and rested. If we ever return to Cabo it will be contingent upon staying at Castillo Blarney. Thank you for everything Brian.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 February 2012

What can I say about the Castillo Blarney Inn...Awesome. This was my husband and my first time staying at a B&B and not staying at an all inclusive. I don't think I could ever go back.

Breakfastst were great. It is true they will make you anything you request from fruit to french toast, omlettes, or traditional Mexican Breakfasts. Sonya and Evelyn took care of this. They would bring you your breakfast where ever you wanted to eat that morning, in your room, on your patio or even on the pool deck.

Safety is not an issue at this hotel. A security guard, Adrian (Rambo), is on site everynight from 6pm. Alex, the assistant manager, steps in when it is Rambo's night off.

We walked to and from town. No worries there, totally safe walk night or day. We did walk to town more than back. A taxi back cost only about 70 pesos. On the walk you have to convenience stores, OXXO and La Ley. OXXO is comparable to a 7 Eleven and sells Tekkate beer products. La Ley is a smaller scale convenience store. They sell Pacifico brand of beer. Say hi to Alex from me.

The grounds and hotel are very clean and beautiful and very well maintained. Pancho (Don Pancho) starts his day af gardening and maintenance at 6:30 in the morning. I loved my morning chats and hugs with him.

The view, what can I say about the view. It truely is the best you will ever have. Make sure you wake up early enough at least once to see the amazing sunrise and the watch the fishing boats depart for the day. All the lights of Cabo at night and the marina.

The other staff I have not really mentioned yet maybe last but definatly the most. Alex, the assistant manager does much more than just security once a week. He cooked for us one evening, he handles all of the special event bookings and he was the there to make sure we were settle and comfortable in our rooms. Brian, he does it all, whatever is needed and runs the show. He can hook you up with a captain to go fishing for the day and give you tips on where to go and how to get there. We learned about the history between the Mexican people and the Irish from him. Who knew. He will tell you stories, cook for you, he even took our breakfast order when needed. He even came to greet us personally upon arrival from his trip to California the day we arrived.

You must take the time to have dinner at the hotel at least once. We did three times. The first night we were there we were invited by other guests to join them in a BBQ of the Freah Mahi Mahi they had caught that day. Another day we shopped and cooked for ourselves on the hotel BBQ. The last night we were there all the guests chipped in for the staff to buy and cook dinner for all of us to enjoy together.

We had a hammock on our patio to lazily read a book in. A hottub and pool. That hottub sure felt great at night to end the day. You can tan on the roof if you want. Have some adventures while you are there too. Find the hidden leprechauns. We even played hide and go seek one night. Anything you could possibly want. Why not you are staying in a castle you know.

Not sure what else I can say about it but it truly is the best.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChelleKar
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I agree with the previous reviews. In 2012, this is still a great deal and a great place to stay.

After a terrible experience at the Grand Mayan timeshare presentation, we were so happy to find this little gem. Kind of restores your faith in the people of Mexico.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank David D
Reviewed 25 September 2010

We have stayed at the Castle twice now and are on our way down for our third trip in 2 weeks. I cannot wait! We love Castillo Blarney and would not consider staying anywhere else in Cabo! Senor Brian, the manager is numerouno - he knows how to take care of his guests and the staff is professional and attentive to every need. Now if you want to talk good eats - Brennan's has to be the top restaurant in Cabo. The location at the top of the hill makes the view second to none and the food and service are definitely 5 star (or beyond!). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be pampered and away from the hustle and bustle of the large resorts.

Rick & Heidi

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank heididusseau
Reviewed 28 June 2010

An Irish themed hotel in Cabo....weird right? Not even....this place was amazing!! Brian, the manager, along with the rest of the staff, were nothing short of awesome. The rooms are plenty big and kept extremely clean. Each room is provided with purified drinking water for the whole stay. The views are breathtaking. The location of this hotel is perfect...you get a full view of the marina and it's only a quick 5 minute ride to the downtown area. It's so quiet and peaceful here. I would definitely go back here whenever in the Cabo area. The food was great as well....can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank uffdakaren
Reviewed 2 January 2010

when my family and I got to this hotel it was getting dark on christmas day. Rogelio, one of the managers was waiting for us . the hotel is on top of a hill that at first seems like it my be a problem. but as we found out not only was it not a problem, it turned out to make our stay extra special . it was quiet at night . you could walk into town ,and see the roads that are not seen by all the tourist ,but are safe and have little stores you my never see if you stayed at the marina. you can get a cab anywhere they are all over town . rogelio , got us beer when we asked for some in our fridge, he took me to get pizza at dominos during a unexpected rain storm. dropped us off that christmas night at a restaurant in town . he was the perfect host. the room was large and beautiful . breakfast was a real breakfast and was included in the room rate . if you want an all inclusive ,or want to stay in an over priced room at the marina then do it , but if you want a place to give you the real flavor of the town of cabo san lucas that is a safe place with the most helpful and hospitable staff ,then do your self a favor and stay at blarney and live a little.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank kylePhiladelphia
Reviewed 18 December 2009

It has been almost a year since my wife and I were married at Castillo Blarney Inn. We were not expecting much but were hoping for a decent place where our friends and family could be comfortable and figured just getting out of the midwest for a few days would be enough. We stumbled upon a treasure. The views were absolutely incredible, the rooms were huge and clean, the staff was wonderful and the breakfast at Brennan's was amazing. Brian was awesome and even took us to Costco so we could host a little BBQ poolside. Shona helped us find a cake (2 days before the wedding) and helped all of our friends with transportation to the hotel and helped set up a whale watching tour for our whole group all with only a couple hours notice. All of our guests loved the hotel, and those that didn't stay there wished there would have been a few more rooms. My wife and I originally planned to try out a couple of different places after all our friends and family left, but we just couldn't leave so we had a few more wonderful breakfasts, walked into town when we wanted to do some shopping or get some sushi, ate left over wedding cake, drank some champagne and a few. Simply awesome.

• Stayed: January 2009