“Excellent experience”

Ranked #9 of 27 Cabo San Lucas B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I almost feel bad contributing to good reviews here because this place feels like a hidden gem. Our trip was across Baja California and back by car and this is the best place that we have stayed at during the two week vacation.

Superb view, great value of accommodations, full kitchen, delicious breakfast, outstanding hospitality. This castle on the top of the hill is designed in a very interesting way that creates this homey feeling of comfort and neighborly surroundings. Staff is very helpful with finding places to go and things to do. I was able to practice my Spanish, get a great deal on fishing, have a fun celebration of New Year and 'Every Day in Cabo', which in itself is a holiday.

I have also stayed in the acclaimed 'best BnB hotel in whole Baja California' (one in La Paz) as well as few other BnBs on our trip, but this place beats them all by a mile. Will come back again. Thank you Alejandro (hope I didn't misspell the name) and staff for making our stay a great experience!

Adios

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Naz D

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Calgary
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed at the Blarney Castle Inn a few nights in early February 2012. We had just spent a week at a big time share hotel on Medano Beach near downtown Cabo, so we were looking for a quiet few days before flying home to the frozen north. Brian met us at the front steps and introduced us to his funky inn. The rooms are not fancy, but have considerable charm. Brian has varied books in each room, plus the kitchen area is large and decently stocked. The pool area is sunny in the morning but not in the afternoon, but you can always just rock in the swing and enjoy the view. Since this is a "castle", there are many nooks and crannies to explore all over the place. The onsite restaurant "Brennan's" was not open while we stayed, but Brian made sure our made-to-order breakfast was served every morning. Once breakfast is ordered, read a book on your deck or just chill out, because the food takes a while to arrive. Good thing there is a microwave in our room, because the food is not always hot. They provide coffee makers, coffee and filters, which is better than the expensive time share hotels on the beach. Overall, it was a quiet, pleasant few days with great views of Cabo San Lucas, the marina and the ocean in the day and night. Lots of fun.

Room Tip: Room 4 has a large deck.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BeachloversCalgary
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Great hotel! A little off the beaten path which for me is the ONLY reason I gave it a 4 and not 5 star review. It is literally the most accomadating hotel I have ever stayed at. Brian, the manager is extremely attentive to the needs/ requests of the guests. He and his staff will get you anything you need, to include the ocassional lift into town. Also, I checked out at 5 am and he was at the room to see me off. He even carried my luggage to my transport. One day me and my group brought back fish from our fishing trip. He had an employee come to the hotel and cook it with rice, beans and more fixings I can't even remember right now. It was fantastic. Breakfast was included with the price of the room and was fantastic. If you want a quiet vaca in cabo with great views, this is the place to go. I can't imagine a better "bang for your buck"

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jdub59
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed for a week in January; the room was spacious, clean and airy. The view is great; Brian and his staff are wonderful. Upon arrival, Brian brought us a couple of beers and gave us a brief orientation of the hotel, how to get into town, and how best to negotiate with cabs back at night. A full breakfast was provided every morning, and there are water dispensers in the rooms. Because Castillo Blarney is off the beaten path you'll never be harassed by anyone to purchase anything, and you will genuinely feel relaxed and rested. If we ever return to Cabo it will be contingent upon staying at Castillo Blarney. Thank you for everything Brian.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Beaumont, Canada
Reviewed 5 February 2012

What can I say about the Castillo Blarney Inn...Awesome. This was my husband and my first time staying at a B&B and not staying at an all inclusive. I don't think I could ever go back.

Breakfastst were great. It is true they will make you anything you request from fruit to french toast, omlettes, or traditional Mexican Breakfasts. Sonya and Evelyn took care of this. They would bring you your breakfast where ever you wanted to eat that morning, in your room, on your patio or even on the pool deck.

Safety is not an issue at this hotel. A security guard, Adrian (Rambo), is on site everynight from 6pm. Alex, the assistant manager, steps in when it is Rambo's night off.

We walked to and from town. No worries there, totally safe walk night or day. We did walk to town more than back. A taxi back cost only about 70 pesos. On the walk you have to convenience stores, OXXO and La Ley. OXXO is comparable to a 7 Eleven and sells Tekkate beer products. La Ley is a smaller scale convenience store. They sell Pacifico brand of beer. Say hi to Alex from me.

The grounds and hotel are very clean and beautiful and very well maintained. Pancho (Don Pancho) starts his day af gardening and maintenance at 6:30 in the morning. I loved my morning chats and hugs with him.

The view, what can I say about the view. It truely is the best you will ever have. Make sure you wake up early enough at least once to see the amazing sunrise and the watch the fishing boats depart for the day. All the lights of Cabo at night and the marina.

The other staff I have not really mentioned yet maybe last but definatly the most. Alex, the assistant manager does much more than just security once a week. He cooked for us one evening, he handles all of the special event bookings and he was the there to make sure we were settle and comfortable in our rooms. Brian, he does it all, whatever is needed and runs the show. He can hook you up with a captain to go fishing for the day and give you tips on where to go and how to get there. We learned about the history between the Mexican people and the Irish from him. Who knew. He will tell you stories, cook for you, he even took our breakfast order when needed. He even came to greet us personally upon arrival from his trip to California the day we arrived.

You must take the time to have dinner at the hotel at least once. We did three times. The first night we were there we were invited by other guests to join them in a BBQ of the Freah Mahi Mahi they had caught that day. Another day we shopped and cooked for ourselves on the hotel BBQ. The last night we were there all the guests chipped in for the staff to buy and cook dinner for all of us to enjoy together.

We had a hammock on our patio to lazily read a book in. A hottub and pool. That hottub sure felt great at night to end the day. You can tan on the roof if you want. Have some adventures while you are there too. Find the hidden leprechauns. We even played hide and go seek one night. Anything you could possibly want. Why not you are staying in a castle you know.

Not sure what else I can say about it but it truly is the best.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChelleKar
Snohomish
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I agree with the previous reviews. In 2012, this is still a great deal and a great place to stay.

After a terrible experience at the Grand Mayan timeshare presentation, we were so happy to find this little gem. Kind of restores your faith in the people of Mexico.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank David D
Riverside, California
Reviewed 25 September 2010

We have stayed at the Castle twice now and are on our way down for our third trip in 2 weeks. I cannot wait! We love Castillo Blarney and would not consider staying anywhere else in Cabo! Senor Brian, the manager is numerouno - he knows how to take care of his guests and the staff is professional and attentive to every need. Now if you want to talk good eats - Brennan's has to be the top restaurant in Cabo. The location at the top of the hill makes the view second to none and the food and service are definitely 5 star (or beyond!). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be pampered and away from the hustle and bustle of the large resorts.

Rick & Heidi