“Exactly what Cabo needs!”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Overall, I'm overall not a big Cabo fan and so when my boyfriend suggested we go, I was a bit hesitant. I didn't want "big all-inclusive" nor did I want showy "brand" - I wanted boutique, high-end, super chic and comfortable. I wanted to be around people that didn't have to show off what they do or wear, but you knew they were educated and well-heeled just by the way they are...I loved everything about what this hotel stands for and what it does for its guests. (Oh and HELLO, it's on the swimming beach...which is so important to me!) There isn't a cool, sort of "South Beach chic" kind of spot in Los Cabos and this place will most certainly be the new, hip spot to hang out for sure. We already booked for the winter. Can't wait!

Room Tip: Ask front desk - the staff is amazing!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Thank you for the review. We now hope you are a Cabo fan and part of the Bahia family. When we first bought the property in 2007 the roads in the area were just being redone, creating the revitilization of the Medano Beach area. Once this was completed we designed the hotel to fit the landscape and offer casual sophistication, great food and personalized service in the best location. The swimable beach is one of the most beautiful bodies of water in the world and guests love the water sport and easy access. Look foward to seeing you this winter

Reviewed 29 June 2011

The Bahia was integral in making my first trip to Cabo an unbelievable vacation - the location was excellent, the restaurant was the best any of us encountered throughout the entire stay, and the rooms and the pool were very nice and relaxing. Can't wait to return to the hotel and enjoy the weather and the beach!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2011

We are happy you picked the Bhaia Hotel for your first vacation to Cabo. We hope that by providing a quality experience you allways stay with us. The traditions and memories that a vacation produces should last a lifetime and allow one to recharge and be more productive when they return to there every day life. If we can do that then we will be successful.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

I've never wrote a review of a hotel before but after my stay at the Bahia I knew I had to write one. This was by far one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at and it is perfect for all ages. The location and size are more than ideal, the food is amazing, and the service is incredible. I highly recommend this hotel if someone is looking to stay in the Cabo area. I also suggest checking out Cabo SUP as well its a great activity to do during the day!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for the review. The SUP sport is becoming very popular and a main activity for hotel quests. The guests cant bring there equipment due to airline restrictions and the expense involved so having the boards and instruction on site has been very helpful for our guests.
An ice cold beer after seems to work as well

Reviewed 27 June 2011

The Bahia had great a vibe with cool rooms and a fantastic restaurant/bar. The service was excellent and the beds were super comfy. The location was perfect....right off the swimming beach with fun water sport activities and within walking distance to all of the amazing Cabo nightlife. I also enjoyed just hanging out at the pool bar relaxing. We had a fabulous stay here. I can't wait to return. Thanks Bahia!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Thank you for the review. You have highlighted many of the reasons why we purchased the property. The design of the renovation was to create an inviting, comftorable atmosphere.
We also feel that the location of the property requires less time planning and worring about logistics, and more time enjoying Mexico and Cabo San Lucas. With our walk anywhere and we do it philosophy we hope to offer a unique personalize vacation experience every day.
Look foward to seeing you soon......

Reviewed 26 June 2011

I recently visited Bahia Hotel to celebrate a friend's birthday and had an amazing time there. As this was my first time ever to Mexico, wasn't sure what to expect but have to give the entire experience staying at Bahia an excellent rating.

From the minute I landed, close to an hour after the originally scheduled time, the experience was spot on. The shuttle was still waiting for me and got me to the hotel with a big smile on my face as the driver pulled over at one point to show me the arch at Land's End.

Viri at the front desk was very helpful and friendly as was everyone I met there. After dropping off my bags in the one of the beautifully remodeled rooms, I opened up the sliding glass door to my patio and the beautiful pool complete with walk up bar

I joined my friends after after a little pool time decided to head down to Medano Beach. The walk there was only 3 or 4 minutes and we were treated to a stunning view of the bay and Land's End.

After spending a little time on the beach, we headed back to the Hotel and had some drinks at Bar Esquina, connected to the hotel. Not only do they have amazing dishes to please everyone, their drinks were great as well.

The staff at Bar Esquina were very friendly and helpful which made the entire experience such a pleasant one as they made us feel like family during our stay.

I would highly recommend Bahia Hotel and am definitely heading back soon based on the value, great customer service and attention to detail, proximity to the beach and downtown / marina and Bar Esquina.

Room Tip: Room 135 opens up to the pool as do the 131-136
1  Thank RINOUYE
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I had an overall great experience at this hotel. All the employees were extremely amicable and helpful. There was a great restaurant, lively yet refined bar, and beautiful pool. The rooms were stunning and decorated in a simple yet sophisticated way. The location was ideal: both close to the beach and downtown Cabo, but strategically removed from the hustle and bustle of other tourists. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Tip: Go stand up paddle boarding through Cabo SUP--great work out as well as amazing views of the area

Room Tip: All rooms have gorgeous views!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are allways pleased to hear that our guests enjoyed there vacation, and the Bahia Hotel. Keep on SUPing where ever you are. As you pointed out its a great workout and way to see the nature that surounds where ever you are.

Reviewed 25 June 2011

This place is about 1 block from the beach. The room we booked was old,
certainly not what we saw on our choosen on-line booking site. For a "fee" they
upgraded us to a very nice room next to the pool. The place was empty and most
"smart" hoteliers would have done this without us asking.
I can't understand how business people industry remain so stupid.
Once again,we were scamed by the nice pictures.
Upon leaving we were held hostage at the front desk. They claimed we consumed items
from the minibar. In fact we bought beer outside and left some in the fridge. It took us
1/2 hour to remedy the situation.

Room Tip: bribe the kid at the front desk
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank landlockedcaptain

Dear guest,
I am sorry your stay was not what you expected. I am pleased that you like the room that you were upgraded to (the web site clearly shows different room catagories). As you pointed out the location of the Bahia, and the room you enjoyed had the potential to make your stay a very enjoyable one. We apologize for any complications at check out, and have made some procedural corrections to avoid this happeneing with any other guests. Thank You
We hope you concider the Bahia again and please feel free to personally contat me to make sure you book a room in the hotel that suits your needs,