“Great location for the price we payed”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #24 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Ontario
“Great location for the price we payed”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

The hotel was under construction when we went so we did not have a restaurant while we were there. However with some searching we found some incredible and cheap places to eat with a short walk. The rooms were quite large and the kitchen was nice to have to heat up some left overs. The staff was very helpful. The pool area was great to have even though the sea is a short walk. The hotel is a little outside of the main marina area but again a short walk and you were in it all. Great hotel, great people

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank klilek
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Thank you for the review. I am confused by the comment about the restaurant and the construction. Last December we opened the new Bar Esquina. I see that you traveled here in January of 2011 aand the renovation had been completed and resaurant was open.
You can view it by our web site or facebook page. Thanks for coming and hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed here for a week in October and loved every minute of it. The room was great, the bed was SOO comfy and the fish tacos next to the pool were amazing! So close to the beach if you want some fun, and the pool is great to lie by and relax. Staff are courteous and friendly, and ever so helpful. My only complaint was that the restaurant was really over-priced and their coffee was lousy, but there were so many good places to eat - for a lot less - so close by, and you can always go to The Office for coffee and a much better (and cheaper) breakfast. But I would highly recommend Bahia to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve N
Valley Springs, California
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The staff at Bahia was very pleasant and accommodating. The Bahia has a very relaxing atmosphere. Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. The location is superb. Can't wait to go back in 2012.

3 Thank Erin T
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Loved this place...For the money very nice ! Great Vibe ....I had one of the remodeled rooms !
Close to everything, Beach & Marina Restaurants & Bars

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Thank you for the review. As you have pointed out the bahia is in a great location. We have found
that guests spend less time trying to call and locate friends and family, arrange transportation and spend more time relaxing and enjoying there vactation. Its a walk to everwhere place so its just easier and more enjoyable.

Merry X mas and again thanks for the review
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 December 2011

A couple months ago, I decided to take my girlfriend down to Cabo to get away for the weekend. In my search for accommodations, I happen to come across an ad for the private condo rentals at the Bahia Hotel. Since I was working on a tight budget, I immediately emailed Sophie(oneclick.thatsit@hotmail.com), the owner of the unit(#130) to find out pricing. She replied within minutes and was polite, honest, and very accommodating. She responded with the best possible deal/value I had found in my entire search. I was a little skeptical at first as to what I would be getting once I got there because it sounded too good to be true.
When I arrived, I was more than pleased. My first thoughts were when can I plan for my next stay here. The place exceeded my expectations by far. The location was perfect, it was right next door to the most expensive resorts with the best beaches and all the water sport rentals. The decor and feel were also on par with the high end resorts. They had a great restaurant and the staff was as hospitable as can be. The room was spotless, spacious, and comfortable. The only thing that was inconsistent, was the price - it was much more affordable.
Also, when using the internet as your only source when booking for travel abroad and not being familiar with the destination, its understandable to feel a little uneasy, however, after working with Sophie, I can assure you that you will be more than satisfied. It was more like working with a friend. Here is the website for her condo rental http://www.weekendgetawaycabo.com.

7 Thank CaliGuy217
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We service the private Condo just as a hotel room, but offer updated renovated rooms to our hotel guests.
As you pointed out with this location it is hard to beat the Bhaia
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 2 November 2011

The Bahia is a pretty-looking hotel but not worth the cost to me. My room was okay, one of the rooms not renovated yet, and I still feel it was more costly than it was worth, although it was spacious.

Most importantly, do no be fooled by the name of the hotel, "and Beach Club". The Hotel has no presence on the beach, no chairs, no umbrellas, no beach club. You will have to bring your own chairs and umbrellas or spend an additional $20.00 US per person per day to utilize the facilities at one of the actual beach clubs, like "Mangos". If you add the $20/day to your room rate, you are paying far, far too much for an average room in an average hotel with average service.

The Reception desk is an actual desk tucked in to an alcove in the lobby. There is only one person doing check-ins and check-outs so the wait can be substantial. It took 45 minutes from the time I requested my bill be prepared until I was actually checked-out and on my way, an unacceptable length of time to wait if you are in your way to the airport to catch a flight. As well, the hotel charges US dollars for their rooms and uses their own exchange rate that is not in keeping with the published exchange rate so expected a higher charge than planned on your credit card.

I did not eat in the restaurant at the Bahia as it was terribly expensive. When in Mexico, I prefer Mexican food and I do not feel that $16 or $17 for an entree is a reasonable amount to spend whilst in Mexico.

Finally, the Bahia is a bit isolated from the most interesting parts of Cabo. A taxi to anywhere in town costs $6 so it will cost you $12 just to get to and from a different restaurant than the one in the Hotel. As well, this hotel sits at the top of a steep hill so if you do not enjoy walking or are unable to negotiate the hill, you will have to take a taxi everywhere you go. That can get costly. The view out the front of the hotel is of the Casa Dorada across the street, the view out the back is of a parking lot and construction zone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Suecelia
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this review, 5 November 2011
Thank you for your review.
You have pointed out several things that I would like to clarify.
First of all we do not charge for chairs at he beach and provide towels for our guests at the Medano beach club. If you were not informed of this I apologize but the mango deck is not ours and I can't control what they charge.
I am sorry if there was a wait at he desk, it sounds like we may have been short handed. Normally there are two people at the desk for guests that don't want the one block walk
If you give me some specific information I will look into it. The taxis are six dollars or a three minute walk to town so that is correct. As far as the beach there is a golf cart that goes by the door of the hotel if guests don't want to walk the one block to the beach.
I hope you give us another chance and return to the Bahia in the future
Winston, OR
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We spent 10 days at The Bahia and truly it was a joy. The staff was so courteous and helpful, were able to obtain anything we asked for! Everything was so clean and we really enjoyed the pool (and pool bar!) and the fresh ice water waiting at reception area every day. The food was excellent, and we were so close to everything, a half/block off the beach, and close to stores and downtown, and the Marina. Lorena was able to answer all out questions before our arrival, and everything was just right for us!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the quiet of the 5th floor.