“Not sparkle and fizz but fun and friendly.”

Bahia Hotel & Beach House
Ranked #27 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Found a room here while looking over reviews. There seem to be some rooms privately owned but under the hotel's umbrella of amenities. Got a great deal for a two bedroom. It's not remodeled and has its quirks but was clean and had an air of old Cabo. If you want up to date fine and fancy skip this and pay the price for one of the other newer hotels. If you don't mind finicky water pressure and not flushing your toilet paper because it gets blocked easily (had an actual sign asking you to do this) this is your place. We enjoyed this room. Partial view of the ocean, loud street sounds because the huge glass sliding doors have little insulation but give great openess and airflow. The staff met every need with a smile however check in is touch and go with the registration desk in a small alcove and the person working is usually very busy with multiple requests. We would stay here again because it felt like an apartment with all the amenities of an excellent hotel. Oh yeah, if you want a place by the pool, save one early, cause some people are very piggish about taking up space. More than one family set up camp and left for hours at a time to return at will without regard for others. Still a great place in a good location.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Flynvest

Reviewed 23 December 2011

The hotel was under construction when we went so we did not have a restaurant while we were there. However with some searching we found some incredible and cheap places to eat with a short walk. The rooms were quite large and the kitchen was nice to have to heat up some left overs. The staff was very helpful. The pool area was great to have even though the sea is a short walk. The hotel is a little outside of the main marina area but again a short walk and you were in it all. Great hotel, great people

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank klilek
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Thank you for the review. I am confused by the comment about the restaurant and the construction. Last December we opened the new Bar Esquina. I see that you traveled here in January of 2011 aand the renovation had been completed and resaurant was open.
You can view it by our web site or facebook page. Thanks for coming and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed here for a week in October and loved every minute of it. The room was great, the bed was SOO comfy and the fish tacos next to the pool were amazing! So close to the beach if you want some fun, and the pool is great to lie by and relax. Staff are courteous and friendly, and ever so helpful. My only complaint was that the restaurant was really over-priced and their coffee was lousy, but there were so many good places to eat - for a lot less - so close by, and you can always go to The Office for coffee and a much better (and cheaper) breakfast. But I would highly recommend Bahia to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve N
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The staff at Bahia was very pleasant and accommodating. The Bahia has a very relaxing atmosphere. Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. The location is superb. Can't wait to go back in 2012.

3  Thank Erin T
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Loved this place...For the money very nice ! Great Vibe ....I had one of the remodeled rooms !
Close to everything, Beach & Marina Restaurants & Bars

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Thank you for the review. As you have pointed out the bahia is in a great location. We have found
that guests spend less time trying to call and locate friends and family, arrange transportation and spend more time relaxing and enjoying there vactation. Its a walk to everwhere place so its just easier and more enjoyable.

Merry X mas and again thanks for the review

Reviewed 1 December 2011

A couple months ago, I decided to take my girlfriend down to Cabo to get away for the weekend. In my search for accommodations, I happen to come across an ad for the private condo rentals at the Bahia Hotel. Since I was working on a tight budget, I immediately emailed Sophie(oneclick.thatsit@hotmail.com), the owner of the unit(#130) to find out pricing. She replied within minutes and was polite, honest, and very accommodating. She responded with the best possible deal/value I had found in my entire search. I was a little skeptical at first as to what I would be getting once I got there because it sounded too good to be true.
When I arrived, I was more than pleased. My first thoughts were when can I plan for my next stay here. The place exceeded my expectations by far. The location was perfect, it was right next door to the most expensive resorts with the best beaches and all the water sport rentals. The decor and feel were also on par with the high end resorts. They had a great restaurant and the staff was as hospitable as can be. The room was spotless, spacious, and comfortable. The only thing that was inconsistent, was the price - it was much more affordable.
Also, when using the internet as your only source when booking for travel abroad and not being familiar with the destination, its understandable to feel a little uneasy, however, after working with Sophie, I can assure you that you will be more than satisfied. It was more like working with a friend. Here is the website for her condo rental http://www.weekendgetawaycabo.com.

7  Thank CaliGuy217
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We service the private Condo just as a hotel room, but offer updated renovated rooms to our hotel guests.
As you pointed out with this location it is hard to beat the Bhaia

Reviewed 2 November 2011

The Bahia is a pretty-looking hotel but not worth the cost to me. My room was okay, one of the rooms not renovated yet, and I still feel it was more costly than it was worth, although it was spacious.

Most importantly, do no be fooled by the name of the hotel, "and Beach Club". The Hotel has no presence on the beach, no chairs, no umbrellas, no beach club. You will have to bring your own chairs and umbrellas or spend an additional $20.00 US per person per day to utilize the facilities at one of the actual beach clubs, like "Mangos". If you add the $20/day to your room rate, you are paying far, far too much for an average room in an average hotel with average service.

The Reception desk is an actual desk tucked in to an alcove in the lobby. There is only one person doing check-ins and check-outs so the wait can be substantial. It took 45 minutes from the time I requested my bill be prepared until I was actually checked-out and on my way, an unacceptable length of time to wait if you are in your way to the airport to catch a flight. As well, the hotel charges US dollars for their rooms and uses their own exchange rate that is not in keeping with the published exchange rate so expected a higher charge than planned on your credit card.

I did not eat in the restaurant at the Bahia as it was terribly expensive. When in Mexico, I prefer Mexican food and I do not feel that $16 or $17 for an entree is a reasonable amount to spend whilst in Mexico.

Finally, the Bahia is a bit isolated from the most interesting parts of Cabo. A taxi to anywhere in town costs $6 so it will cost you $12 just to get to and from a different restaurant than the one in the Hotel. As well, this hotel sits at the top of a steep hill so if you do not enjoy walking or are unable to negotiate the hill, you will have to take a taxi everywhere you go. That can get costly. The view out the front of the hotel is of the Casa Dorada across the street, the view out the back is of a parking lot and construction zone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Suecelia
lvosburgh, Owner at Bahia Hotel & Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2011

Thank you for your review.
You have pointed out several things that I would like to clarify.
First of all we do not charge for chairs at he beach and provide towels for our guests at the Medano beach club. If you were not informed of this I apologize but the mango deck is not ours and I can't control what they charge.
I am sorry if there was a wait at he desk, it sounds like we may have been short handed. Normally there are two people at the desk for guests that don't want the one block walk
If you give me some specific information I will look into it. The taxis are six dollars or a three minute walk to town so that is correct. As far as the beach there is a golf cart that goes by the door of the hotel if guests don't want to walk the one block to the beach.
I hope you give us another chance and return to the Bahia in the future